Dave Hakstol Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
i mean this is the reason why the flyers were good so many years because we always hired good coaches, after lavy, this team has never been the same. the flyers need to go back to getting quality coaches, no more inexperience, no playoff coaches. if it doesnt work out, rinse and repeat, that's all you can do.
We have had some bad coaches prior to Lavi .....Barber, Cashman were two notably bad ones...same with Terry Simpson. Holmgren was a not so great coach or GM

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Sportnet talking Coach Q.

Mentions Blues, Ducks, Slight mention of Philly and Detroit. Then talk how he has almost 2 years still left on his deal and he gets 6 million...so can take his time if he wants. Mentions how Seattle matches the timeline of when his deal ends and when they are expected to enter the league.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Lappy would block it with his face.

jQv8Zma.jpg

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
We have had some bad coaches prior to Lavi .....Barber, Cashman were two notably bad ones...same with Terry Simpson. Holmgren was a not so great coach or GM
sorry i was talking about bobby clarke.

Lurch

Apr 11, 2011
Central PA / Central Florida
We missed the boat on Trotz...Shame on Hextall. The only reason Hextall could have for not offering JQ a job is that Bob Hartley is on his way to Philly from Russia. Send the beet farmer packing. Hextall has been here long enough for us being 3 years away to be acceptable.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
And Tucson, it’s funny how good coaches look when they receive excellent goaltending, isn’t it, Rinne, Price, Lehner is on fire, ..... Elliott/Pickard

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I bet they have. I’m sure many are complaining that his style is “outdated.”

Prove it. The style they've played and won with was the style that continues to be successful.

Here's the thing: An outdated style is still superior to what Hakstol runs. Prove that Q runs a system that, by design, makes life easy for NHL goalies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Prove it. The style they've played and won with was the style that continues to be successful.

Here's the thing: An outdated style is still superior to what Hakstol runs. Prove that Q runs a system that, by design, makes life easy for NHL goalies.

You miss my point (or are twisting it). I didn’t say he runs an outdated system. I said I bet some fans claim he does.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You miss my point (or are twisting it). I didn’t say he runs an outdated system. I said I bet some fans claim he does.

Ok, then what's your point? The fans can think whatever they want, it doesn't do anything to change the fact that Hakstol runs a college system that performs abysmally against NHL goalies and Q doesn't. My point was that their fans don't complain that he runs a college system. Please, show that they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad