Dave Hakstol Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
Too much control. They aren't college kids. Give into their flow to let the team thrive.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'll give him credit for scratching him, but I'm expecting this to be a short term thing that will possibly come with an injury excuse.

Reactions: Asnito

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
3rd period ice time

Provy 8:21
Ghost 7:27
Gudas 6:28
Sanheim 6:26
Folin 5:46
Hagg 5:32

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
5v5 ice time tonight:

Ivan Provorov 21:54
Shayne Gostisbehere 19:19
Robert Hagg 17:51
Christian Folin 17:19
Travis Sanheim 15:28
Radko Gudas 15:22

Just can't help himself. Folin was another PK away from hitting 20.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
@deadhead and @Ghosts Beer assure me that Provorov and Ghost were terrible trainwrecks.

Do you guys think it is good coaching for players you considered to be trainwrecks to get that much time?
Do you think it was bad coaching for Hakstol to give them the top 2 minutes in the 3rd? Is that why you're blaming Hak for the tie?

Maybe it was bad coaching for him to put them out there. If that's why you're blaming him for the tie, then okay. Doesn't seem like it is.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Do you think it was bad coaching for Hakstol to give them the top 2 minutes in the 3rd? Is that why you're blaming Hak for the tie?

Maybe it was bad coaching for him to put them out there. If that's why you're blaming him for the tie, then okay. Doesn't seem like it is.

So you do think it is bad coaching for him to do that? Shall we roll with the English standard of silence being assent? You never answered, so I take that as silence.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
So you do think it is bad coaching for him to do that? Shall we roll with the English standard of silence being assent? You never answered, so I take that as silence.
Do you? You're the one blaming him for the tie, not me.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I never blamed him for the tie. Quote the post where I did. I blame Elliott for the tie. I can still hold Hakstol accountable for poor end of game management.

Answer my question. Are you afraid?
Says the guy who literally blamed Hakstol for bad end of game management, citing his giving a shift to Hagg, when it was actually Folin out there, and Folin wasn't sent on the ice for Ghost's shift, he was out there from the prior shift and couldn't get off.
OH WHAT A TRUSTWORTHY OPINION.

Anyway, I'm not the one blaming Hakstol for "being a coward coach" in a game where he played his top offensive players extensively in the 3rd, even after they cost them the two tying goals. You are. Based on an erroneous thought about a late shift where Ghost's replacement couldn't get off the ice. Can't make this stuff up. You're citing THAT erroneous example of cowardice and ignoring the OVERALL 3rd period TOI stats.

I'm saying Hakstol certainly did not coach like a coward in the 3rd this game. And personally, I think you give your top pair the best minutes, so no, I do not blame him for playing both Provorov and Ghost extensively in the 3rd. He doesn't have a lot of options.

Reactions: Jtown

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Says the guy who literally blamed Hakstol for bad end of game management, citing his giving a shift to Hagg, when it was actually Folin out there, and Folin wasn't sent on the ice for Ghost's shift, he was out there from the prior shift and couldn't get off.
OH WHAT A TRUSTWORTHY OPINION.

Anyway, I'm not the one blaming Hakstol for "being a coward coach" in a game where he played his top offensive players extensively in the 3rd, even after they cost them the two tying goals. You are. Based on an erroneous thought about a late shift where Ghost's replacement couldn't get off the ice. Can't make this stuff up. You're citing THAT erroneous example of cowardice and ignoring the OVERALL 3rd period TOI stats.

I'm saying Hakstol certainly did not coach like a coward in the 3rd this game. And personally, I think you give your top pair the best minutes, so no, I do not blame him for playing both Provorov and Ghost extensively in the 3rd. He doesn't have a lot of options.

Ah, so you think it is good coaching for the coach to play the two dmen you thought were the worst as much as possible?

Reactions: Asnito

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Total icetime tonight:

Provorov - 27:41
Ghost - 24:02
Hagg - 19:00
Folin - 18:33
Gudas - 18:29
Sanheim - 16:54

Utterly indefensible garbage. He literally used a bottom pair defensemen and the #7 as the 2nd pair, meanwhile Gudas and Sanheim played great and remain the 3rd pair.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Folin, Hagg, and Gudas were very good tonight. Sanheim had a really nice offensive play and got to play in the last 3 minutes in the 3rd, as well as some OT time.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Ah, so you think it is good coaching for the coach to play the two dmen you thought were the worst as much as possible?
Did I stutter? Yes, I said I think you have to keep playing your top pair and they don't have a lot of options.
It doesn't change my opinion that Provorov and Ghost were awful defensively this game and directly contributed to the 4th and 5th goals with poor plays. Maybe he should considering playing them less with the lead late based on this game. But if he did, this board would also cry like hell, forgetting about this game.

Do you consider playing Provorov 8:21 and Ghost 7:27 in the third, and letting them push the play up the ice very late, being "cowardly" coaching? Or are you still ignoring the overall playing times and blaming the coach for a defenseman being unable to get off the ice from a prior shift for Ghost to get on?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Did I stutter? Yes, I said I think you have to keep playing your top pair and they don't have a lot of options.
It doesn't change my opinion that Provorov and Ghost were awful defensively this game and directly contributed to the 4th and 5th goals with poor plays. Maybe he should considering playing them less with the lead late based on this game. But if he did, this board would also cry like hell, forgetting about this game.

Do you consider playing Provorov 8:21 and Ghost 7:27 in the third, and letting them push the play up the ice very late, being "cowardly" coaching? Or are you still ignoring the overall playing times and blaming the coach for a defenseman being unable to get off the ice from a prior shift for Ghost to get on?

I think it's cowardly coaching to give Ghost about 30 seconds of ice time in the last 4 minutes. I found a shift chart. He routinely does this crap. Need a goal late, and our best offensive dman is nowhere to be seen.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I think it's cowardly coaching to give Ghost about 30 seconds of ice time in the last 4 minutes. I found a shift chart. He routinely does this crap. Need a goal late, and our best offensive dman is nowhere to be seen.

That's disingenuous. A) You're changing your story, which first was an allegation of replacing Ghost for a shift. B) By picking the 4 minute mark, you're ignoring the fact that Ghost had one of his last 3 shifts in the last 5 minutes from 4:46 to 3:35. So you cut 46 seconds off his 1:11 shift to start the last 5 minutes. Then he came back on at 1:56. Had a 48 second shift. And was supposed to come back on for a 3rd shift at about 35 seconds, but Folin, couldn't get off the ice until around 10 seconds. So he had 3 shifts in the last 5 minutes. One, to be out there for the last 35 seconds, was cut short because the guy he was replacing couldn't get off the ice.

Saying Hakstol coached "cowardly" and "mismanaged" Ghost in the 3rd based on that is just really disingenuous and wrong, IMO.
And it ignores the 8:21 and 7:27 Provorov and Ghost played in the 3rd, pushing the puck the whole way (a question you dodged, by the way, for a guy so obsessed with trying to "gotcha!" others for not answering questions).

So I guess, as you'd say, the silence is an admission. You don't think Hakstol's overall play of Ghost in the 3rd was cowardly. You just apparently think Hak deserves blame for putting Ghost on at the 5 minute mark instead of the 4 minute mark, and for Folin being unable to get off the ice with 35 seconds left.

Puh-lease. What a load of crap in an effort to still blame Hakstol for being cowardly in a game he certainly was not.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That's disingenuous. A) You're changing your story, which first was an allegation of replacing Ghost for a shift. B) By picking the 4 minute mark, you're ignoring the fact that Ghost had one of his last 3 shifts in the last 5 minutes from 4:46 to 3:35. So you cut 46 seconds off his 1:11 shift to start the last 5 minutes. Then he came back on at 1:56. Had a 48 second shift. And was supposed to come back on for a 3rd shift at about 35 seconds, but Folin, couldn't get off the ice until around 10 seconds. So he had 3 shifts in the last 5 minutes. One, to be out there for the last 35 seconds, was cut short because the guy he was replacing couldn't get off the ice.

Saying Hakstol coached "cowardly" and "mismanaged" Ghost in the 3rd based on that is just really disingenuous and wrong, IMO.
And it ignores the 8:21 and 7:27 Provorov and Ghost played in the 3rd, pushing the puck the whole way (a question you dodged, by the way, for a guy so obsessed with trying to "gotcha!" others for not answering questions).

So I guess, as you'd say, the silence is an admission. You don't think Hakstol's overall play of Ghost in the 3rd was cowardly. You just apparently think Hak deserves blame for putting Ghost on at the 5 minute mark instead of the 4 minute mark, and for Folin being unable to get off the ice with 35 seconds left.

Puh-lease. What a load of crap in an effort to still blame Hakstol for being cowardly in a game he certainly was not.

Ghost's shifts averaged a minute. His shift was slashed in half, for what? There's no benefit to be had there. The rest of his shift was finished by someone else. It didn't need to be. It shouldn't have been.

I've already said I'm pleased overall with Hakstol in that game. He broke from a lot of his worst habits. But it's a big fat slap in the gonads to see him revert to the "Avoid Ghost" trope.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Ghost's shifts averaged a minute. His shift was slashed in half, for what? There's no benefit to be had there. The rest of his shift was finished by someone else. It didn't need to be. It shouldn't have been.

I've already said I'm pleased overall with Hakstol in that game. He broke from a lot of his worst habits. But it's a big fat slap in the gonads to see him revert to the "Avoid Ghost" trope.

His 2nd shift was slashed in half? It was 48 seconds. That's about the average shift length. I'd have to go back, but I assume he was able to get off the ice but Provorov was not.

I stand by everything in my previous post so there's no read to repeat it. And I'm burned out of vitriol, plus there's nothing more I can say about my feeling that those who blamed Hak for playing for a tie (and I'm not saying that's you) are nuts and completely blinded by bias and a need to blame Hakstol for everything. #GhostOut

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
His 2nd shift was slashed in half? It was 48 seconds. That's about the average shift length. I'd have to go back, but I assume he was able to get off the ice but Provorov was not.

I stand by everything in my previous post so there's no read to repeat it. And I'm burned out of vitriol, plus there's nothing more I can say about my feeling that those who blamed Hak for playing for a tie (and I'm not saying that's you) are nuts and completely blinded by bias and a need to blame Hakstol for everything. #GhostOut

I'm happy to end. We introduced the daughter-unit to slides at a fair today. The slides are on top of huge hills. She had to go on them 1,374 times in an hour. I'm so exhausted I presume I'm dying.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
The worst part about the Gudas and MacDonald scratches is that Sanheim is next and instead of being a one game thing he'll be scratched multiple games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad