FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
From previous Thread:
7378C6C8-D2C7-43AD-B94A-63C89D7CFDAE.jpeg

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Sadly he's not fired yet so continue here...

Previous Thread:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/dave-hakstol-part-ii.2536051/
Boooo

I posted this in another thread but I figured I would throw it in here also.
I personally think it's a case that the guy is so risk averse and he likes to know exactly what he's going to get when a player steps on the ice even if it's subpar as long as it's predictable. At this point it has to be a control issue, he doesn't like surprises. I can't think of any other reason why he maddeningly continues to overuse worse players when he has better sitting on the bench.

Last year after every goal, for or against, he would run out that Lehtera, Weise 4th line like 90% of the time. It made no sense except that he wanted to regain control over how things went and he went with players who performed exactly how he felt they would. That's the only thing I can think of that explains player usage.

Also this may have been covered elsewhere but for those of us who don't post during the game anyway we can go back to the Post Game Thread?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The problems have been Provorov, Patrick, Konecny, & Lindblom. 4 guys they are counting on as their core & have been terrible.

Reactions: domi55us

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Firing Hasktol won't solve anything unless you move out some of the dead weight as well.
I disagree. Player usage and penalty killing, provided most of the staff is purged, would go a long way. This is the best forward core we've had in a long time and the best top defense pairing since Pronger. Any competent coach could realize that Hagg and MacDonald can't play together, let alone get 19 minutes a night.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Firing Hasktol won't solve anything unless you move out some of the dead weight as well.

Do you think most available coaches would put Jori Lehtera on the ice with :30 to go in a tie game? Seeing him as the guy to either help you get offense or secure the OT point is perhaps some of the worst coaching logic that exists.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Konecny has not been terrible. Hitting the posts and not scoring does not equal being terrible.

Well he has zero goals & 1 assist & is -4 in 4 games. If I’m a minus 4 in 4 games, with zero goals & 1 assist, how effective am I?

Reactions: domi55us

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
And the bigger problem is Patrick as the 2C. All summer I expressed concerns about assuming NP could be a 2C on a team expected to advance in the playoffs.

4 games. 0 points. -5.

How are you going to be one of the 8 best teams in the league if that’s your second line center?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Well he has zero goals & 1 assist & is -4 in 4 games. If I’m a minus 4 in 4 games, with zero goals & 1 assist, how effective am I?

Meh, it's like saying Dale Weise has 2 assists, is a +2 in 1 game and now should play every game.

A player can look good while not getting points. I think him and even Lindblom have looked good but just missing getting points.

I will agree in a sense on Patrick who has looked invisible in 3 1/2 games.

Reactions: hatcher
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad