Dave Hakstol Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The worst part about the Gudas and MacDonald scratches is that Sanheim is next and instead of being a one game thing he'll be scratched multiple games.

I seriously doubt that unless he totally screws up.
Right now Hakstol is protecting him from forechecking situations, he's least comfortable when physically challenged in the D-zone.
But this is nothing like last year, Sanheim looks better than he did when he returned from the AHL. The progress is obvious.

With Folin's good play tonight, there are really two question marks, Gudas who looked terrible and AMac, who is terrible.
Gudas may just be a one game funk.
AMac went from 18 minutes to 14 minutes to the bench in three games, he'll have to show he's close to 100% to get back on the ice.
But if he's cooked, Hextall will have to find a short-term replacement unless he thinks Friedman is ready but if Folin/Hagg keep playing well I'd think he'd prefer a veteran patch as a 7th D-man and keep the young players at LHV.

Vorobyev may be sent down, not because Hakstol loves veterans, but because he looks over his head, if you're struggling that badly, you're not only not learning, you're dragging your linemates down with you.

Reactions: hatcher

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
5v5 ice time tonight:

Ivan Provorov 21:54
Shayne Gostisbehere 19:19
Robert Hagg 17:51
Christian Folin 17:19
Travis Sanheim 15:28
Radko Gudas 15:22

Just can't help himself. Folin was another PK away from hitting 20.

I must say looking at estoi is one thing but looking at shifts tell a better story. Some times really bad dmen play longer not because they are better but can't get off the ice for the change.

If we go by shifts you can see that folin, gudas, and sanheim were all in the same range.

Shifts as well as TOI need to be accounted for. TOI is does not tell the whole story.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I must say looking at estoi is one thing but looking at shifts tell a better story. Some times really bad dmen play longer not because they are better but can't get off the ice for the change.

If we go by shifts you can see that folin, gudas, and sanheim were all in the same range.

Shifts as well as TOI need to be accounted for. TOI is does not tell the whole story.
Not only that, but Folin & Hagg played great; & Provorov/Ghost is the first pair. So I don’t see why it’s such a shock & a travesty that Sanheim got the least minutes.

Reactions: hatcher

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
Provorov’s game has regressed. His processing seems slow, his skates are stuck in mud. He has become unreliable.

Hagg’s game has progressed. He’s processing quicker, competing hard and is becoming a solid hard nosed stay at home with a nice shot and knack here and there for unexpected offense from the blue line. He has become more reliable and his esteem has grown in the eyes of the the coach.

Ghost is competing hard as the known quantity that he is. He is playing at a high level despite some defensive lapses.

Sanheim is being brought along slowly, like he is being protected from something. It’s hard to say why or if warranted. He shows promise.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Oh. For a minute there I thought he was being held accountable for being bad at his job. So much for that glimmer of hope.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad