Line Combos: Datsyuk possibly back this weekend | Might play with Zetterberg and Larkin

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
AA is in too.

So..

Dats-Z-Gator
Nyquist-Larkin-Tats
Riley-AA-Pookie
Miller-Luke-Helm
Now this is a lineup. If we can strike gold in at least one of the 2nd and 3rd line we will be looking good. Both those lines look like a good mix on paper, 2nd line especially is a line of puckhounds, should be fun.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Well I'll be damned. I guess getting Abby out of the top 6 just wasn't going to happen.

I'm okay with the lines, I'd prefer something like:
Z-Dats-Goose
Tats-Sheahan-Larkin
Abby-AA-Pulks
Helm-Glendening-Miller
but I can deal with the setup of:
Z-Dats-Abby
Tats-Larkin-Goose
Sheahan-AA-Pulks
Helm-Glendening Miller.
I'm worried about the first line being too heavily relied on and Dats and Z inevitably running into health problems from carrying the team as well as a line (Abby isn't carrying anything), the second line and taking faceoffs, the third line never having the puck, and the fourth line playing way too much... but doing its job relatively well.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, but just because you take your Ford Focus out on the track doesn't make it a race car.

I totally agree. But there's pressure now on coaches and whoever to make sure he earns at least a few years of that contract.

Actual Thought*

The Tats-Larkin-Nyquist line is going to struggle on the dot big time.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
So no points in 3 games, we are 1-2 and Z cooled off.
What kind of impact does Datsyuk have?

The points will come. Points aren't everything though. His leadership on the ice is undeniable. Despite not scoring yet, he creates space and improves our possession. This is great for the kids and club morale.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Datsyuk missed about 6 weeks of hockey. He's 6 weeks behind. I'm not worried about him at all. He'll get up to speed eventually.

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
The points will come. Points aren't everything though. His leadership on the ice is undeniable. Despite not scoring yet, he creates space and improves our possession. This is great for the kids and club morale.

This. I've managed to watch only the saturday's game of the ones Pavel's played in, but even then he was a difference maker every time he stepped on the ice. H is IMO the best player in the league at gaining the o-zone.

Even with zero points so far he was still very present in the highlights of the last few games, the guy just flat out makes plays happen. Even at his age and coming off of a surgery and a long hiatus from playing NHL hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad