Line Combos: Datsyuk possibly back this weekend | Might play with Zetterberg and Larkin

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He clearly looked a lot better in the Ottawa game. Even the TSN guys were talking about how he is starting to look like himself.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
He made a lot of great plays in the D zone and he created space in the offensive zone.

Aug 6, 2012
Maybe I'm mistaken but I feel like it always has taken Datsyuk a few games to get comfortable. Looked great last night.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Vs. San Jose
5 scoring attempts + 1 created attempt

vs. Boston
3 scoring attempts+ 3 created attempts

vs. Ottawa
1 scoring attempt + 5 created attempts + 1 screened attempt + 1 takeaway for a transition change which lead to attempt

With total attempts, Datsyuk was the best Red Wing at games 1, 2 and 3. Nothing less.

That kind of impact. I don't really care at all about points, when analyzing Datsyuk. He just does things right, and then they will come.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Vs. San Jose
5 scoring attempts + 1 created attempt

vs. Boston
3 scoring attempts+ 3 created attempts

vs. Ottawa
1 scoring attempt + 5 created attempts + 1 screened attempt + 1 takeaway for a transition change which lead to attempt

With total attempts, Datsyuk was the best Red Wing at games 1, 2 and 3. Nothing less.

That kind of impact. I don't really care at all about points, when analyzing Datsyuk. He just does things right, and then they will come.
I do not care about points either. But wins .....

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Khan is reporting that Richards is back and that AA will be sent back to GR.

Lines at practice were

Larkin - Zetterberg - Abdelkader
Richards - Datsyuk - Pulkkinen
Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist
Miller - Glendening - Helm

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Not a particularly huge fan of the lineup. I am a huge fan of Z, and I believe that he still is an elite-level player, but the demands of being a first line center over the course of a season are just too high. I like his far more as a winger in this instance, especially having the luxury of Dats, Larks, Richards, and Sheahan.

Get the ol' mojo back with Z - Dats - Abby on the top line. And play with combinations on the 2nd - maybe a Pulks, Larks, and Sheahan (sniper, playmaking center, and big body crease presence). With little or no dropoff with keeping a guy like Richards centering Goose and Tats. Or if one of them is hitting their stride, swap them in and out with the 2nd line wingers.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Khan is reporting that Richards is back and that AA will be sent back to GR.

Lines at practice were

Larkin - Zetterberg - Abdelkader
Richards - Datsyuk - Pulkkinen
Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist
Miller - Glendening - Helm

Just send Joker down...

Woof at that 2nd line.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Not a particularly huge fan of the lineup. I am a huge fan of Z, and I believe that he still is an elite-level player, but the demands of being a first line center over the course of a season are just too high. I like his far more as a winger in this instance, especially having the luxury of Dats, Larks, Richards, and Sheahan.

Get the ol' mojo back with Z - Dats - Abby on the top line. And play with combinations on the 2nd - maybe a Pulks, Larks, and Sheahan (sniper, playmaking center, and big body crease presence). With little or no dropoff with keeping a guy like Richards centering Goose and Tats. Or if one of them is hitting their stride, swap them in and out with the 2nd line wingers.

I agree. Hopefully after a few games Richards can take the 2C spot and we roll with

Z-D-Abby
Nyquist-Richards-Pulk
Tatar-Larkin-Sheehan
Miller-Glendening-Helm

With the 2nd and 3rd line acting as a 2a/2b combo.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I know people aren't a fan of that 2nd line, but it does give Pulkkinen two excellent passers to get the puck from. If he's going to showcase his scoring, this is his golden opportunity getting feeds from Datsyuk and Richards. I still think Datsyuk should be enough to gain the zone and establish themselves for a few plays, even if you consider the speed deficit.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

I would think Glendening would take a lot of the opposing 1C, so that should help Z.

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan

It's not as if he is actually the #1 center on the team. If anything they run it like a 1A, 1B with Datsyuk and Z split up.

The ol' mojo worked when Z could skate a little better. I don't see it working and I would much rather keep them split up. It's not as if we don't have enough capable wingers to put with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00