Line Combos: Datsyuk possibly back this weekend | Might play with Zetterberg and Larkin

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
I hope they keep AA up. At least give him a few more games to get him some more NHL experience. Maybe send him back down once Richards returns.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Pumped for Friday and hope Dats is back. Excited to see what his presence does. Hope they keep AA in.

I'm one of the resident Anti-Joker people here. But he does do a lot of good stuff on the ice.

I've heard this for years, but have yet to see anything besides being good at face-offs. But now he's playing wing so he's even more useless.

He was an injury call-up like 4 years ago. This cord should have been cut YEARS ago.

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Don't see why people keep calling of Sheahans head.

Like our beloved announcer said. He has just as many or more goals then, Perry, Getzlaf, Crosby and more.

He should have 2 or 3 more points though. He will have one of those games where he gets like 3 or 4 and then go back on pace.

For me it's his overall impact on the ice. I think he has been pretty close to a non-factor with the puck on his stick, not something you can accept from a player who is supposed to offer secondary scoring.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
For me it's his overall impact on the ice. I think he has been pretty close to a non-factor with the puck on his stick, not something you can accept from a player who is supposed to offer secondary scoring.
I think Sheahan has been great the last few games.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I think it would be a mistake putting Larkin with Dats and Z. He can create his own offense. I would like to see him carry his own line to be honest.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I think it would be a mistake putting Larkin with Dats and Z. He can create his own offense. I would like to see him carry his own line to be honest.
I would be interested in seeing that line in action though. It could be a possession monster.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Tatar-Larkin-Nyquist
AA/Richards-Sheahan-Pulkkinen
Jurco-Glendening-Helm
Miller

Kronwall-Green
Dekeyser-Ericsson
Quincey-Marchenko
Smith

Mrazek(60% of starts)/ Howard (40% of starts)

That's the best lineup for this team, imo.

If Holland wants to actually be a GM, he could go out and get Marleau and Hamhuis at the deadline. Detroit is definitely a contender with another top 6 winger and top 4 dman. Dangle something along the lines of Jurco + 2nd for Hamhuis and Abdelkader/Helm/Pulkkinen/Mantha + Prospect/Draft pick for Marleau.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Tatar-Larkin-Nyquist
Jurco-Glendening-Helm
Miller

Kronwall-Green
Dekeyser-Ericsson
Quincey-Marchenko
Smith

If Holland wants to actually be a GM, he could go out and get Marleau and Hamhuis at the deadline. Detroit is definitely a contender with another top 6 winger and top 4 dman. Dangle something along the lines of Jurco + 2nd for Hamhuis and Abdelkader/Helm/Pulkkinen/Mantha + Prospect/Draft pick for Marleau.

I would have pretty much the same except I would change out Jurco for Miller.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Tatar-Larkin-Nyquist
Jurco-Glendening-Helm
Miller

Kronwall-Green
Dekeyser-Ericsson
Quincey-Marchenko
Smith

Marleau would have to waive to come here, which from whats being said in the trade forum, we are not on his list.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Tatar-Larkin-Nyquist
Jurco-Glendening-Helm
Miller

Kronwall-Green
Dekeyser-Ericsson
Quincey-Marchenko
Smith

Detroit doesn't appear to be on his list of acceptable teams, Sounds like Ducks,Kings and Rangers had also mentioned about possibility of the Predators and Hawks also though I would love to add Marleau definitely.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Marleau would have to waive to come here, which from whats being said in the trade forum, we are not on his list.

Detroit doesn't appear to be on his list of acceptable teams, Sounds like Ducks,Kings and Rangers had also mentioned about possibility of the Predators and Hawks also though I would love to add Marleau definitely.

Maybe there's still a possibility :dunno:

If Detroit also traded for Hamhuis, and had a healthy D/Z maybe Marleau can be convinced to waive for Detroit? He's not going to cost a lot of assets either considering his age and contract. He's still a very good player, that can help a team on a Cup Run.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

I think Datsyuk will get his own line at some point, but he's being eased back into it which is the right thing to do.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Maybe there's still a possibility :dunno:

If Detroit also traded for Hamhuis, and had a healthy D/Z maybe Marleau can be convinced to waive for Detroit? He's not going to cost a lot of assets either considering his age and contract. He's still a very good player, that can help a team on a Cup Run.

Would love Hamhuis, Wouldn't mind Sami Vatanen or bringing home Cam Fowler either if the Ducks don't make the Playoffs and I guess it would be possible that Marleau might be willing to widen his list of teams that he would accept to go to would definitely love to see him in a Wings Jersey he has always been one of my favorite non wing players.

Actual Thought*

I think Datsyuk will get his own line at some point, but he's being eased back into it which is the right thing to do.

Eased back in on the top line that plays the most minutes against the best competition? Seems exactly opposite to me.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Eased back in on the top line that plays the most minutes against the best competition? Seems exactly opposite to me.

What? He is not being shoved back in with the Glendy line come on now they are at least giving him a game or two before they put him in the "big show". :sarcasm:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
How about
Larkin Z Abby
AA D Helm (speed)
Tatat Sheahan Nyquist
Miller Glendening Pulkkinen/Jurko/Andensson

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden