TSN: Darren Dreger

Dreger is a credible insider

• Total voters

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
That Marner was getting an offersheet at the 12-14 million range. It was complete nonsense.

Just because a source tells you something thats absolutely crazy doesnt mean you have to repeat it to the public.
are you sure he said "Marner will be receiving an offer sheet" or did he say Marner might be offered one or teams may be interested in talking to Marners camp or etc...

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Why does it bother you so much that it bothers others?

When I did complain about Mirtle a certain mod answered this way.

Who cares? You don't have to read positive or negative articles of your choosing. Why does it bother you so much that a journalist supports a hockey executive and his decisions more than another? I have no doubt in my mind if Dubas makes bad decisions, Mirtle won't have a problem pointing that out.

There are journalists like that all across hockey on many different platforms.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Darren Dreger has lost it.

HOWEVER, A hockey central report including Burke and Kypreos is hitting rock bottom in journalism. Sportsnet needs to find a 90-day program and get itself on a better path to a new future without these two dipshits!

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
He used to be connected and reliable but now I find he says things just for attention. That, as well as his arrogance and constant belittling of fans or people on twitter makes him really unlikeable.

Reactions: supermann_98

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Heard him this morning while listening to TSN 1050, he honestly sounded way more neutral and calm then in the previous days. Maybe he's got the hint haha.

He probably got a text from Ferris before he got on: "Dreger, we're not getting any offersheets." :sarcasm:

Reactions: Kiwi and glue

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012

HOWEVER, A hockey central report including Burke and Kypreos is hitting rock bottom in journalism. Sportsnet needs to find a 90-day program and get itself on a better path to a new future without these two dip****s!

Don't mind Burke when focusing purely on content contribution. Kypreos...It's a little tough to watch him.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
My guess would be no. But do I think it's possible, yes I do. I don't think it would be $13x5, I think it would be $13Mx7. I could also see a 11.5Mx5 offer sheet.

My gut says Leafs will just match, so teams will be hesitant to bother with an OS against the Leafs. That said, I could see a team like Montreal think I'll put in a big OS on Marner. If we get him, great. If we don't, it hurts the leafs chances of improving their team and it likely makes Kap or AJ available and then I can OS them and only pay a 2nd round pick.

More than all that, I think Aho is most in danger because the owner is cheap.
Im sorry bro, but no one is making Marner the highest paid player in the league.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
i think dregs is a legit insider, but what is pretty clear is that agents & teams use him to manipulate info pretty clearly without dregs realizing what’s happening.

no one is considering offer sheeting marner to a 13-14 min contract, it’s idiotic, and it’s clearly coming from ferris/marner camp, and the moron doesn’t realize it.

or he does and is complicit in it because it gets clicks which is even worse.

c'mon P double B, Dreger may be and idiot but he isn't naive, he is though a "useful idiot" as somebody here said quite accurately

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
I'm okay with Bobo, but recognize he is no more than a spreadsheet other people populate.

I'm still stuck in Dimensional SSAS, but probably going Tabular and PowerBI later this year.
True, but his "opinion" is also based on legitimate sources with legitimate firsthand data. Bobo does speculate more than he used to but he's running out the clock. He can have his fun and still be more accurate than anyone else. Friedge is up there too now.

Sidenote; Make sure your office PCs are new-ish. PowerBI is a memory-intensive page (at least the reports I use - and I don't have patience for more than 5 seconds for the tiles to load the data).

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
True, but his "opinion" is also based on legitimate sources with legitimate firsthand data. Bobo does speculate more than he used to but he's running out the clock. He can have his fun and still be more accurate than anyone else. Friedge is up there too now.

Sidenote; Make sure your office PCs are new-ish. PowerBI is a memory-intensive page (at least the reports I use - and I don't have patience for more than 5 seconds for the tiles to load the data).

Should I tell you getting more than 16 GB from the government is worse than getting a root canal?

Working with terabyte tables means lots of time waiting. (And browsing...)

Yes, Bobo gets his data from scouts and probably some GM's who want something out there, so more legit, and yes he is honest about saying he isn't the source of the analysis/scouting.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016

HOWEVER, A hockey central report including Burke and Kypreos is hitting rock bottom in journalism. Sportsnet needs to find a 90-day program and get itself on a better path to a new future without these two dip****s!
Came here to say Dreger is sportsnets version of Kypreos, used to be good but let "passion" win over not being bias. Them also being in this market they probably had one to many hot shots that blew up and there own popularity hooked them into having to stay the course of there opinions. Healy also went down that path too just was never popular and just bitter. Healy I find him easy to tune out ,(something some people need for Don Cherry but he's at least true to himself and not as locked into not being able to flip sides). For example Bob McKenzie cleaverly sides with Team Canada and being Canadain networking works very well. This let's him fence sit and have more trustworthy soruces. Yes of course Dreger and Kipper have sources but I feel like them being on the the tv on trade deadline shows made them over looked as a source breaker. Also not Leafs release after the fact. I do believe that anything that might have been leaked is very much just note worthy or injurys. Like Out indefinitelys. No time line at that type of stuff.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Paul has become such a shill.

Seems like after the Leafs fired his cousin Dave he's just been super anti-Leafs and now brings this offersheet crap all summer.

Reactions: Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad