TSN: Darren Dreger

Dreger is a credible insider

• Total voters

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
He has contacts and was always great until just a few years ago. He had sources before Nonis was ever with the team too.

But for whatever reason he has had some sort of agenda in the last year or 2 that just seems a little fishy. It's like he is trying to be a heel for some reason.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
I feel like ever since Rogers bought the TV rights and Sportsnet became top dog, he's clinging onto whatever he can reach with his grubby little makeup covered hands.

Reactions: Azazel

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Darren Dreger is a credible insider according to some people with no knowledge of hockey.

Reactions: Azazel

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I feel like ever since Rogers bought the TV rights and Sportsnet became top dog, he's clinging onto whatever he can reach with his grubby little makeup covered hands.

From an insider perspective, I think TSN is still #1. Trade deadline and FA shows generally do better on TSN. Shows that even though Rogers is the rights holder, the public sees the three letter network as the leader for hockey insight and analysis.

Strange hatred you seem to have for a guy just doing his job and doing it well.

member 300185

The question is two-part--is he a credible insider. I'm sure he has contacts around the league--he's been around a long time and works for a top outfit. But he doesn't seem credible to me. Not at all.
GM's probably turn the other way and duck into a dark corner when they see Dreger coming.

"shhhh, hope he doesn't see us. The guys an idiot".

Probably like trying to shake the little weird kid that followed you home from school.

Reactions: The Apologist

Blue Nate

Sep 27, 2017
St Catharines
Brian Hayes needs to get Dreger on Overdrive to play the "Who'd you rather have?" game that he's done with O'dog, Noodles, and Siegel. It's unsurprising that when it comes down to it, not only does everyone takes the dominant centre over the dominant winger, but the goal scoring wingers like Pastrnak did well as well.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Darren Dreger has very deep contacts. BUT those contacts are scewing reporting. He has to have something to gain. Why else would Pastrnaks agent let Dreger be in the room for real negotiations with the Boston Bruins, which Dreger admitted to himself on TSN1050.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Yes... insider to the Marner household. Paul is feeding him, and he’s clearly running with it. Can’t remember the last time he was this front and centre on everything since the Nonis era.

Reactions: MsMeow and Azazel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad