jbell886

Sep 6, 2009
Kenny Agostino with Leafs
Bob to Panthers
Leafs resigning Kapanen #
Sabres Skinner's xt

Straight up false.

Big B is way more credible.

Dreger has sources and should be seen as credible as well, but he doesn't hold a candle to Bobby B.

Mckenzie is in a tier of his own, then Dreger, Lebrun, Freidman are in that next one.

I'm guessing you don't listen to Toronto sports radio, since you wouldn't have this opinion if you've ever heard their radio hits.

Bobs also been on vacation since 6pm July 1st so he wasn’t around for the Kerfoot signing

Reactions: Kelly

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Can't really compare Bob with Drager. Drags is fine with being used by agents, and he'll throw 100 rumours out there, and maybe 10-15 will come true. Bob will throw a fraction of the rumours out, but when he does, you can bet that every single one of them has either been seriously discussed or will indeed happen.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
What are you talking about? Is there any proof other people didn't do it first? Twitter is a big place.
how's this

Toronto Maple Leafs‏Verified account @MapleLeafs
FollowFollow @MapleLeafs
More
.@SportChek Player Alert: The @MapleLeafs have signed defenceman Cody Ceci to a one-year extension and forward Alexander Kerfoot to a four-year extension. Details >> https://tml.hockey/2Yy1p3M #LeafsForever
D-otOpIXYAEPHra.jpg

6:56 AM - 4 Jul 2019

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Maybe in the grand scheme of things Bobby is ahead of Dreger...I'd rank B-mac and Lavoie as the top 2 in the past decade.

Since 2018, Dreger has a strong case for #1...he's been on the ball consistently.

Yes, he's been very good at breaking completed deals.

It's everything else that he's terrible with.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
how's this

Toronto Maple Leafs‏Verified account @MapleLeafs
FollowFollow @MapleLeafs
More
.@SportChek Player Alert: The @MapleLeafs have signed defenceman Cody Ceci to a one-year extension and forward Alexander Kerfoot to a four-year extension. Details >> https://tml.hockey/2Yy1p3M #LeafsForever
D-otOpIXYAEPHra.jpg

6:56 AM - 4 Jul 2019

thanks.

what I figured.

The lengths people go to discredit Dreger, that tweet was posted after Dregers, he just copy pasted the tweet and changed the time, it wasn't posted by the Leafs Twitter at 6:56am :facepalm: :laugh:

Link to the tweet with the actual time

These HF posts are the ones that falsely accuse Dreger of being wrong but in reality he's one of the best insiders and arguably the best since 2018, much better than B-Mac who hasn't been nearly as active the last couple years.

Here is the link to the fake and edited tweet that was posted, I've noticed many Leafs doing this with Dreger's tweets recently.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
In 2019 why are people still wasting time pretending Dreger has an ounce of credibility?

Hes likely just a mouthpiece for agents who give him a few crumbs once in a while

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The lengths people go to discredit Dreger, that tweet was posted after Dregers, he just copy pasted the tweet and changed the time, it wasn't posted by the Leafs Twitter at 6:56am :facepalm: :laugh:

These HF posts are the ones that falsely accuse Dreger of being wrong but in reality he's one of the best insiders and arguably the best since 2018, much better than B-Mac who hasn't been nearly as active the last couple years.

Here is the link to the fake and edited tweet that was posted, I've noticed many Leafs doing this with Dreger's tweets recently.

Yikes!

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Oh come on, people literally edit his tweets all the time to discredit him, I just posted proof now. And he's clearly far and away the leader for most broken deals since 2018, I don't even think that's debatable. He's been on fire.

If you say so. I don't follow the media guys closely but from what I have seen and heard over the last year or so, Dreger is a joke. What I remember most is when he reported that Nylander was asking for 8.5M per year, this was widely reported everywhere as a result and some days later he admitted that there was no source for this, is was ... wait for it ... "speculation".

That's just one time that really stood out for me as I was following the Nylander situation with great interest but there have been many other times where he's been spewing nonsense. If he's the best there is then it's a sorry lot is all I can say.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
If you say so. I don't follow the media guys closely but from what I have seen and heard over the last year or so, Dreger is a joke. What I remember most is when he reported that Nylander was asking for 8.5M per year, this was widely reported everywhere as a result and some days later he admitted that there was no source for this, is was ... wait for it ... "speculation".

That's just one time that really stood out for me as I was following the Nylander situation with great interest but there have been many other times where he's been spewing nonsense. If he's the best there is then it's a sorry lot is all I can say.

He's very good at breaking deals...he just speculates a lot, specifically about the Leafs and usually not for the best.

Idk why.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
He's very good at breaking deals...he just speculates a lot, specifically about the Leafs and usually not for the best.

Idk why.

Well, that's a nice way of putting it I guess. :laugh::laugh:

Maybe you're right and maybe you're just more polite than I am, I'm actually pretty comfortable calling him a clown.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

sorry chum you're wrong, I did not edit anything, I bolded and increased font size, that tweet was cut and pasted directly off of the Official Leafs Twitter

and don't ever accuse me of something like that again

Reactions: Havoc

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
sorry chum you're wrong, I did not edit anything, I bolded and increased font size, that tweet was cut and pasted directly off of the Official Leafs Twitter

I mean, I directly linked you to the tweet you "cut and pasted" and it was clearly edited lmao.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

With what Nylander ended up with he certainly could have been asking for $8.5 considering how long it took to settle.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

You in Vancouver? Because the official tweet came out at 9:56 am EST and yours says 3 hours earlier.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
With what Nylander ended up with he certainly could have been asking for $8.5 considering how long it took to settle.

Doesn't matter what he "could have been". Point is, Dreger reported it as news when it was nothing more than speculation on his part.

Last edited:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Dregee breaks a fair amount of stuff and Ill give him credit for that.

The issue is he does like 37 radio hits a day which are almost all entirely speculation. What he says there gets repeated here and on twitter as "fact", and thats not even entirely his fault

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
I mean, I directly linked you to the tweet you "cut and pasted" and it was clearly edited lmao.

You're in the wrong time zone. Set your time to Eastern.

It shows 9:56 because you are in LA time. If you don't believe me, just view a brand new tweet (by anyone) and you will see the same 3 hour difference.

He didn't edit anything.

Reactions: Its not your fault

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
You're in the wrong time zone. Set your time to Eastern.

It shows 9:56 because you are in LA time. If you don't believe me, just view a brand new tweet (by anyone) and you will see the same 3 hour difference.

He didn't edit anything.

I live in Toronto or in Ottawa, both E.T. lol, odd.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Dregee breaks a fair amount of stuff and Ill give him credit for that.

The issue is he does like 37 radio hits a day which are almost all entirely speculation. What he says there gets repeated here and on twitter as "fact", and thats not even entirely his fault
I'm sure the reason he breaks so much is because he's willing to push narratives for agents in the media (Marner, Anderson and Athanasiou before just to name a few) and therefore gets the first news on signing. I don't trust any of his "beliefs" or speculation one bit for that reason. If you want actual analysis and commentary on that sort of thing I think McKenzie, Johnston, and Friedman are the leaders in that category. Dreger is only trustworthy when breaking news, at least to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->