Dark Side of the Ring - Viceland show

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Jonathan Coachman is on Twitter claiming the episode wasn't accurate at all and that Vince/Linda were not on the flight despite JR, Terri, and the flight attendant all saying they were. X-Pac has also previously mentioned in a shoot that Michael Hayes was so f***ed up he almost urinated on Linda at one point.

Edit:

lol. He's such an idiot.

Dave is backing it up. It seems multiple "hell" flights might be getting mixed up.

Xpac mentioned once that the flight from hell isn't even in his top 10 of f***ed up flights.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Dave is backing it up. It seems multiple "hell" flights might be getting mixed up.

Xpac mentioned once that the flight from hell isn't even in his top 10 of f***ed up flights.

Looks pretty bad on DSOTR if they didn't confirm all the details before making the episode.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Looks pretty bad on DSOTR if they didn't confirm all the details before making the episode.
Their sources were people on the plane though. All they can do is ask them.

I feel like Jim Ross would definitively know. He’s the one getting yelled at. If Vince was there it would probably be pretty easy to recall Vince’s immediate reaction to the emergency exit alarm going off while over an ocean

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Terri kept saying she was to ‘not sell it,’ she was probably just so desensitized to it all given the culture so she just never took action because she felt she couldn’t give her line of work.

I bet everyone interviewed was shocked they found the flight attendant, having her changed this from being like a wacky UWF story to uncovering some serious shit. Like, where does Vince fit in all of this? It may have been JR’s job in 2002, but he was on the plane and he knew things were out of control.

Was Stone Cold not on the flight? I'd of thought that the face of the company and a hugely respected guy would go back there and tell the idiots to calm down. But it certainly is a little weird the damn owner didn't seem to give a damn.

What happened on the plane was far from shocking. I can only imagine how much worse things were in the 70s and 80s.

very dumb

The ric flair sexual assault is also kinda troubling

Not surprising. When Flair was at his peak I can only imagine the kind of stuff he did. Thats not to say I think hes a serial sexual assaulter but I'm sure the "helicopter" thing was another item in a long line of stuff he did in his career.

Heidi Doyle comes across as very credible

Dreamer is a total idiot

You can tell almost 20 years later she's still queasy when looking back on that day.

Reactions: CDJ

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I don't know if I'm allowed to link the story here but just Google "Marty Jannetty GHB flight story".
There’s another story from Brutus Beefcake about the Rockers that’s much worse than that. The video has been making the rounds on twitter the last couple days.

Obviously Marty and Brutus are not exactly the most straight-headed trustworthy people, but after that RVD comment and how casually wrestlers laugh and talk about that stuff, it definately wouldn’t surprise me if it’s true.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Is that even the same person?

I know there's a 4 difference between the mugshot pics and when they shot DSOTR, but her eyes and nose don't look similar.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Some of these episodes need to be in two parts, 44 minutes isn’t enough to tell these stories.

Reactions: Ozz

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from Monday's pwinsider.com:

Scout Comics has removed all references to Ric Flair appearing at their booth at the New York Comic Con next month. They had announced on 9/14 that Flair would be appearing as part of a comic book launch.

In the wake of the allegations levied during last week's Dark Side of the Ring documentary on the WWE's 2002 Plane Ride from Hell. In the documentary, a flight attendant on the 2002 WWE "Plane Ride from Hell" from London to the United States stated that Ric Flair, naked with the exception of his robe, cornered her in the galley of the plane, making unwanted advances towards her.

In the past, Flair has denied all allegations and as recently as several days ago, told Renee Young on her podcast, "God, I’ve heard about it too. Just when things are going good for me. Listen, you [Renee Paquette] put me on your podcast after. We’ll see how it plays out, because I was there and I don’t care whose name I gotta drop if the heat falls on me. I know who was where and what and who and what took place. I know the whole story."

Last week, Car Shield paused their advertising campaign with Flair in the wake of the documentary airing.

It should be noted, there has been no official announcement made regarding Flair and NYCC as of this writing.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Let's see Tommy Dreamer suggest Flair to sue for defamation since he has so much faith in the court system.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I honestly think they changed Rick Steiner's kids name because of this show. Steiners apparently have a ton of dirty laundry.

WWE finally removed the Flair "Wooo" from the opening eye catch, so basically everyone seemingly has distanced themselves from him.

Well except that insurance company he did ads for.

Next week I guess people learn Taker is a racist, bigoted, redneck. Though I figured people already knew that.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

It's been an issue with the show since day 1. They tend to take everything said by the folks willing to talk as gospel and don't follow up.

I don't think it ever ended up with thr episode story being totally wrong, but you do get details wrong. I know their were accusations that the Kevin Sullivan stuff in the Beniot episode wasn't true...though I don't know if that is true or not either.

In this case it also could be Dave is lying. He original report of that flight greatly played down what happened on it, and he has gone to bat for Flair about what happened on it multiple times and did some victim blaming in the process.

Or you just have guys mixing flights up from 20 years ago and they just had so many shit shows in the air and Vince was on some of them, but not this one.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I honestly think they changed Rick Steiner's kids name because of this show. Steiners apparently have a ton of dirty laundry.

WWE finally removed the Flair "Wooo" from the opening eye catch, so basically everyone seemingly has distanced themselves from him.

Well except that insurance company he did ads for.

Next week I guess people learn Taker is a racist, bigoted, redneck. Though I figured people already knew that.

Those were pulled from airing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad