Dark Side of the Ring - Viceland show

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Look up the stuff about his kid born severely disabled because his mom was dead before he could be born via c section. The guy should've been tossed into a goddamned woodchipper. Seriously the feature ESPN did on that kid was heartbreaking, there is a very special place in Hell for Rae Carruth.

I'm familiar with it. I seem to recall a short documentary just a few years ago that featured his son in it. Carruth is definitely one of the NFL's biggest scumbags.

Thinking about it a bit, there could be some decent wrestling overlap. Easy to see Lawrence Taylor and Pacman Jones getting episodes at some point.

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008
Did anyone watch Vice's doc on Chyna? A lot of parts of it were a really tough watch. Even at the end, she had multiple people around her who were just enablers and had no interest in her general wellbeing.

Reactions: TNT87 and Kaner9

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
If you guys can, pick up Dynamite Kids book, 'Pure Dynamite'. I highly recommend it. It was the first wrestling book I read, around 1999 or 2000 or so, and I couldn't put it down because it had so many backstories regarding all the wrestlers I grew up watching. It's by far my favourite bio, better than Hart's and Foley's in my opinion. I have always been a DK mark so maybe that's why too. But it was brutally (literally) honest and he goes into the Rougeau story in great detail here too, which probably was the first time I heard it and I couldn't believe what I was reading. Even though I would probably rank DK as one of my top 5 of all time, I recognize he was a true bully, and I am 100% behind Rougeau. Hearing Rougeau tell the story over the years, you can sense the fear he had at the time, and its almost like he is still in fear. I have a Rougeau shoot interview dvd from years ago, and his version of the story on that disc is over 30 minutes.
I'm sure you guys have all seen them, but if not, watch the DK Tiger Mask matches on youtube. So great.

Reactions: Kaner9

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Did anyone watch Vice's doc on Chyna? A lot of parts of it were a really tough watch. Even at the end, she had multiple people around her who were just enablers and had no interest in her general wellbeing.

Yeah her manager and the director of the documentary they were filming about her at the time seem like real pieces of shit who only cared about how they could benefit from her.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ

I saw it I was never her fan but I really felt sorry for her. It seemed like she went down a bad path and nothing was gonna get her on the right track. Sad stuff.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
O.J. Simpson has been covered endlessly but I'd be interested in some more Rae Carruth. I was surprised to learn not that long ago that he's out of prison.
I just looked it up myself. Did 18 of his 18-24 year sentence. Didn't seem like it was really that long ago, but I guess time flies when you start getting older.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Vice now doing The Dark Side of Football and the 90s. Vice, out to ruin every bit of nostalgia you have.
There are so many football players to do stories about. Kevin Allen got 15 years for rape, ends up only serving 33 months.

Plaxico Burress came close to taking away part of his man hood when he accidentally shot himself.

Ryan Leaf going from a potential franchise QB to a bunch of crime.

Dave Meggett was a pro bowler that ended up with all kinds of crime

The list goes on unfortunately.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Show was back tonight

plane ride from hell

halfway through and it’s great. Some new details. Brock Lesnar allegedly exposed himself to Terri Runnels on that tour. Wonder if he gets blowback for that

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Ric Flair and Tommy Dreamer getting extremely bashed on Twitter right now.

Dreamer especially for defending Flairs sexual assault. Jim Ross saying Flair got a pass…not good.

This is 2021, not 2002 where social media wasn’t that big. This is not gonna go over well..

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Show was back tonight

plane ride from hell

halfway through and it’s great. Some new details. Brock Lesnar allegedly exposed himself to Terri Runnels on that tour. Wonder if he gets blowback for that
Not a chance

I never realized Dreamer was that big of a dick. That guy is a total dick.

Reactions: CDJ

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I was really hoping to see re-enactment of Vince doing the Army crawl and trying to sneak up on Angle :(

What did people want JR to say, of course they gave Flair a pass. At least he admitted it. Whether or not it was the right thing to do is a whole other story.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Before the show I told my gf I could hear the plane ride from hell story a 1,000 times and still enjoy it.

After I was like "This isn't fun anymore". Vice ruins everything.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Ric Flair picked a bad time to quit WWE.
With the rumors of him going to AEW, it’s not gonna go over well.

Boy did that episode really burned down bridges.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad