Dark Side of the Ring - Viceland show

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Dreamer decided to end his own career by defending something that Ric Flair has previously bragged about doing multiple times. What a f***ing dummy.

Last edited:

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I kinda agree with half of Dreamer's point with the cancel culture and all that but yea sexual assault is not a part of that and downplaying it as a joke is not a good look at all. It's one thing to do it to the boys it's another to back a women into a corner doing it and then trying to make her touch you on top of it.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I don't understand why wrestlers even agree to do interviews for this show (I mean, I know why: it's a pay day)
It's essentially "HA! GOTCHA!" for old timers. The gun will be turned on you at some point. Dreamer, who is probably one of the 5 most beloved figures in wrestling behind the scenes, is getting more heat than the dude who actually committed the acts lel.
and you just know Flair will probably show up in AEW in the next few weeks and all will be forgiven

He was so dumb for going on there. I'm sure he is going to go on an apology tour which is pointless.
Just needs to shut up and lay low.

Last edited:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I wish they talked about the Vince/Angle wrestling match, hahahaha
That was the previous year. I don't know if they mentioned it on the episode last night, but it was only the Raw crew who was on this plane. Jericho, Angle, Rock, Hogan, and the rest of SmackDown were still in the US.

I went through the four cards in Europe to see who was on the flight. Here's what I have so far.

Big Show
Booker T
Bradshaw
Brock Lesnar
Crash Holly
Earl Hebner
Eddie Guerrero
Goldust
Howard Finkel
Jack Doan
Jacqueline
Jazz
Jeff Hardy
Jerry Lawler
Jim Ross
Jimmy Korderas
Justin Credible
Kevin Nash
Lilian Garcia
Linda McMahon
Matt Hardy
Michael Hayes
Mike Chioda
Molly Holly
Mr. Perfect
Nick Patrick
Paul Heyman
Ric Flair
Rob Van Dam
Scott Hall
Shawn Stasiak
Spike Dudley
Steve Austin
Stevie Richards
Terri Runnels
Tommy Dreamer
Triple H
Trish Stratus
Undertaker
Vince McMahon
William Reglal
X-Pac

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
That was the previous year. I don't know if they mentioned it on the episode last night, but it was only the Raw crew who was on this plane. Jericho, Angle, Rock, Hogan, and the rest of SmackDown were still in the US.

I went through the four cards in Europe to see who was on the flight. Here's what I have so far.

Big Show
Booker T
Bradshaw
Brock Lesnar
Crash Holly
Earl Hebner
Eddie Guerrero
Goldust
Howard Finkel
Jack Doan
Jacqueline
Jazz
Jeff Hardy
Jerry Lawler
Jim Ross
Jimmy Korderas
Justin Credible
Kevin Nash
Lilian Garcia
Linda McMahon
Matt Hardy
Michael Hayes
Mike Chioda
Molly Holly
Mr. Perfect
Nick Patrick
Paul Heyman
Ric Flair
Rob Van Dam
Scott Hall
Shawn Stasiak
Spike Dudley
Steve Austin
Stevie Richards
Terri Runnels
Tommy Dreamer
Triple H
Trish Stratus
Undertaker
Vince McMahon
William Reglal
X-Pac
Ahhhh, for some reason I thought it was the same flight. Gotcha.

Reactions: Del Preston

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Chris Kanyon is gonna have a Dark Side of the ring episode next week I think.

Apparently the Undertaker issue is gonna be brought up, have a feeling it’s gonna shed some pretty bad moments on the dead man :/

Taker punishing Kanyon for being ‘not one of the boys’

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Chris Kanyon is gonna have a Dark Side of the ring episode next week I think.

The rest of this season looks like this:

- The Double Life of Chis Canyon ( airs September 23rd )
- Blood & Wire: Onita's FMW ( airs September 30th )
- Bikers, Bombs and Bedlam: Johnny K9 ( airs on October 7th )
- The Many Faces of Luna Vachon ( airs October 14th )
- Extreme & Obscene: Rob Black's XPW ( airs October 21st )
- The Steroid Trials ( airs October 28th )

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I kinda agree with half of Dreamer's point with the cancel culture and all that but yea sexual assault is not a part of that and downplaying it as a joke is not a good look at all. It's one thing to do it to the boys it's another to back a women into a corner doing it and then trying to make her touch you on top of it.
It’s cause to believe he’s protecting things he’s either done or knows to hide, just like most people who bitch about cancel culture: every accusation is a projection. It exists only because people want it to.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Wow, I had no idea the plane ride from he'll was this bad all these years. I thought it was just guys getting drunk, wrestling, passing out. Didn't know there were some crimes committed.

I think Tommy Dreamer's career might be over. What an asshole.

Also some advice - don't watch this while hungover. All those clips of liquor being poured almost made me throw up.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Dreamer, who is probably one of the 5 most beloved figures in wrestling behind the scenes, is getting more heat than the dude who actually committed the acts

I think it's because Flair can at least deny the allegations. Dreamer was victim blaming and his comments are terrible whether the allegations are true or not.

I also think he's not a big enough name in wrestling to recover from this.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
RVD, Mike Chioda are one of the few that came out of that episode looking legit.
Chioda was like really weird.

Justin Credible came out looking ok I guess. Unless I missed something, all he did was get Scott Hall through customs. Where was X-Pac on that?

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I thought JR at least came out looking honest. He said the comment about Flair getting a pass but it didn't look like he felt right about it but that that was just the ways thing were. Flair was probably untouchable at that point. What else could have JR said?

Terri Runnells also came out bad with the comment about "I'd be in court all the time" or whatever as if it was no big deal what these guys allegedly did. It also makes her lose credibility for me with her comment on Lesnar.

Credible, RVD, and JR looked okay to me.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The most shocking thing to come out of that episode was RVD openly saying that wrestlers were drugging and raping women wherever they went....I'm surprised people aren't talking about that more.
After years of shoot interviews it’s really not surprising unfortunately. There are stories about some pretty big names doing that stuff.

Stories about the Rockers partying are f***ing grim.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Terri kept saying she was to ‘not sell it,’ she was probably just so desensitized to it all given the culture so she just never took action because she felt she couldn’t give her line of work.

I bet everyone interviewed was shocked they found the flight attendant, having her changed this from being like a wacky UWF story to uncovering some serious shit. Like, where does Vince fit in all of this? It may have been JR’s job in 2002, but he was on the plane and he knew things were out of control.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I thought JR at least came out looking honest. He said the comment about Flair getting a pass but it didn't look like he felt right about it but that that was just the ways thing were. Flair was probably untouchable at that point. What else could have JR said?

Terri Runnells also came out bad with the comment about "I'd be in court all the time" or whatever as if it was no big deal what these guys allegedly did. It also makes her lose credibility for me with her comment on Lesnar.

Credible, RVD, and JR looked okay to me.

I agree it doesn’t come off well when Terri says that but in no way does that really impact her claim about Lesnar. If anything it reinforces it IMO, she’s basically saying this shit happened to her all the time

It’s amazing how RVD came off so good and Dreamer sound so incredibly dumb and callous.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It’s cause to believe he’s protecting things he’s either done or knows to hide, just like most people who bitch about cancel culture: every accusation is a projection. It exists only because people want it to.

I look at him as thinking he’s protecting one of the boys who is a legend of the sport. It’s completely misguided but I think that was the intent

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Jonathan Coachman is on Twitter claiming the episode wasn't accurate at all and that Vince/Linda were not on the flight despite JR, Terri, and the flight attendant all saying they were. X-Pac has also previously mentioned in a shoot that Michael Hayes was so f***ed up he almost urinated on Linda at one point.

Edit:

lol. He's such an idiot.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Literally like 2 days after he said they f***ed him over, now he’s carrying their water again. lol what a carny

Reactions: Del Preston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad