Dark Side of the Ring - Viceland show

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Biggest info I found out after the David Schultz episode was child services called the WWF after this vignette. lol

Only real thing they missed was His appearance on Morton Downy Jr show I believe in 88 defending the business(which was hilarious)

Last edited:

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
There's still a ton of different topics they could do episodes on.

Brian Pillman (especially the gun segment)
Stone Cold domestic abuse on Debra
Plane ride from hell
Pat Patterson sexual abuse accusation
JBL bullying

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
There's still a ton of different topics they could do episodes on.

Brian Pillman (especially the gun segment)
Stone Cold domestic abuse on Debra
Plane ride from hell
Pat Patterson sexual abuse accusation
JBL bullying

Wrestlers dying who are like 45 or younger(although the problem with this is do you really want to lump all of these together when you might get like 2-3 interesting stories)
WWF contracts

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I enjoyed the Schultz episode. Not really any new stuff but Schultz is still a great talker, Mansfield is sleazy, and Stossel is a worker up there with most wrestlers.

Reactions: iamjs

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Schultz claimed that he was blackballed from the industry by a promoter who every other promoter in America hated more than anyone in the entire industry. Sure...

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I remember watching Schultz in person during his time in Stampede Wrestling. He was awesome to watch, entirely intimidating, and his use of profanity when dealing with heckling fans was hall of fame worthy.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
@ColePens might be the only one who gets this comparison.

Mansfield looks like one of the guys on the Steidl and Steinberg billboards

EWvQ1ABWkAA9swu

EWvQ1ROXsAAm3_j

Reactions: ColePens

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wasn't by any means looking forward to the last few episodes, but as I watched them I really got interested. The Herb Abrams episode was totally bonkers

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
I remember watching Schultz in person during his time in Stampede Wrestling. He was awesome to watch, entirely intimidating, and his use of profanity when dealing with heckling fans was hall of fame worthy.

Ya, dr. d was awesome at stampede. the second time I ever went live he fought nick bockwinkel for the world title during stampede week. I also remember being really pissed because they didn't show the tag team cage match on t.v. he had one time with leo burke against kerry brown and duke myers. Also remember the violent feud he had with honky tonk.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Just getting around to watching the Dino Bravo episode. I wonder which Nordique he got in a bar fight with.

Also, Rangers prospect Julien Gauthier is Jacques Rougeau's nephew.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Herb Abrams friend wanted to bone herb abrams a lot

that’s my two cents from the most recent one. That and the UWF was wildin

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Just getting around to watching the Dino Bravo episode. I wonder which Nordique he got in a bar fight with.

Also, Rangers prospect Julien Gauthier is Jacques Rougeau's nephew.

I never heard that before. Looking it up, Denis Gauthier is a first cousin of the Rougeaus through his mother and his father was a wrestler.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I've really enjoyed the series.

On the Herb Abrams UWF one it really helps to read Mick's first book as he dedicates some time to it, and it was zanier then this documentary was

The Doctor D David Schultz one was excellent, I'm surprised that Schultz agreed to be in it as he spent years not wanting to talk about it.

I loved the Brawl for It all one because of the conflict between Cornette and Skidmark. I felt kind of sorry for Bart Gunn and when I saw the Butterbean part, it was pretty clear that he didn't feel great about having to go out and punish Bart. Also the JBL knockout is still uncomfortable to watch.

The best one for me is still the New Jack one. I'm amazed that anyone would willingly work with him. The liberties that he took with other wrestlers bodies combined with his I don't give a crap factor was stunning. On top of hit, he fricken stabbed a guy in the ring. The sad thing is he comes across as a pretty smart individual who had a extreme understanding of the business.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00