TBN: Darcy on possible changes: 'It won't be the coach'

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
When we MAKE it end. That means start running this team down...IN PUBLIC(NOT a board like this)...not buying the gear....etc.

Like anything else, the Sabres are a business. Affect their bottom line enough and they'll listen.

Has this ever worked, against a professional sports team? Even once?

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Has this ever worked, against a professional sports team? Even once?

I remember reading in the mid to late 70s, someone paid to have a plane drag a streamer over the Vet in Philly a message that said "15 year of lousy football...We've Had Enough." And the fans started chanting it. Granted, the Eagles lost that game, but apparently the higher-ups were listening and gradually the team began to improve.

So don't tell me that something akin to what I proposed can't work. Because it HAS.

If Pegs and the hockey minds he has around him either can't or won't listen to their fanbase, then there truly is no hope and we'll be stuck in Hockey Limbo forever. I truly believe that he wants to get the team to a point where they can win a Cup. It's just not going to be with Ruff and Regier. He's had 2 years and change to see how they work. I think that's enough time to come to a decision.

Mikeyc1983

Jan 6, 2013
It sickens me to say this about the Hockey Team I root for, but I want them to lose now.

They more they do, the more likely the 2 Butt Buddies get Fired after this Season.

And if they don't get fired, Stay away from that Arena.

I'm a season ticket holder, and I'm not giving my tickets away. I'm throwing them in the Garbage.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
It sickens me to say this about the Hockey Team I root for, but I want them to lose now.

They more they do, the more likely the 2 Butt Buddies get Fired after this Season.

I'm a season ticket holder, and I'm not giving my tickets away. I'm throwing them in the Garbage.

Why not just sell them? :laugh:

JOHNBOY

BUFFALO SABRES
Sep 30, 2003
Denver NC
I don't expect any moves to be made until after the off-season. Even if something happened then it would be to the tune of Ruff stepping down and replaced with Kevyn Adams...

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY

In yet another thread full of irrational hyperbole, this wins.

thekenneth

Jan 25, 2013
I'm not saying Lindy is a bad coach, but changes need to be made, there are other jack adams trophy coachs that have been fired, blah blah. anyway fire ruff, he will likely get a new job, I feel the sabres players are sick of lindy.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I think if everyone wants to get Lindy fired you have to start a chant at the arena like Toronto did.....

If every game fans are chanting "FIRE RUFF FIRE RUFF FIRE RUFF" , then something will happen....Either he will get fired, or management will have to have some kind of response...It will be ridiculous if they didn't if every game most of the fans were doing the FIRE RUFF chant....

don't be passive....BE AGGRESSIVE !!!

You pay for those expensive seats....Now go out and use them !

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York

Send a college guy some if you're gonna waste money ;)

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
What an awful fanbase.

Sorry that the majority of the fan base has had it with an incredibly stale coach who currently has the team circling the drain. Continuity is ineffective when it's a continuation of crap.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Sorry that the majority of the fan base has had it with an incredibly stale coach who currently has the team circling the drain. Continuity is ineffective when it's a continuation of crap.

You don't have to apologize. People have the right to their opinion..people have a right to want changes made..whatever they may be. I've been a Miami Dolphin fan since Dan Marinos rookie season...you wanna talk about frustration and disappointment.

The problem is when fans take sports too seriously.... We as fans are not entitled to anything...not a damn thing.. Nobody says you have to watch...nobody is forcing anyone to buy gear or even tickets... If you don't like the product don't buy it.... it's when so called fans start getting all emo and saying "I hope we lose 30 games in a row" .. We need to start a boycott...At that point...they stop becoming fans and turn into sniveling whiney , pouty, 2 year old snobs. Vindictive over a game? .. People need to relax.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Who really thought this was a playoff team with two inexperienced top six centers, and no shutdown center or line.

I dont think Darcy expected the team to do great, and this bad start to the season isn't a blindside and wont be enough for him to fire Ruff.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Once again, there is nothing wrong with calling for the head of a coach who has more than overstayed his welcome.

The problems arise from the lack of rationality by the "fanbase" when discussing it. Take a deep breath. It's gonna be okay. We all love the Sabres. That's why we are here. But boy, people here really need to take a step or two back and check into reality.

The lack of firing a coach isn't something to work yourself up over. I feel like I'm listening to 900 TBN reporters in here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad