TBN: Darcy on possible changes: 'It won't be the coach'

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
It was hard to listen to, but at the same time, it needs to happen. I know Ted Black is a smart man, and I wish we could have Jame or Zip call him up and have a 20 minute conversation, carefully explaining in great detail what needs to happen :yo:But at the same time, he needed to hear the frustration of the fans.

Call me crazy, but having mouth breathing fans calling at raging at team management on talk radio isn't exactly how you progress. It doesn't serve any purpose other than to encourage MORE mouth breathing fans to call and rage. Doesn't fix the problem.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Call me crazy, but having mouth breathing fans calling at raging at team management on talk radio isn't exactly how you progress. It doesn't serve any purpose other than to encourage MORE mouth breathing fans to call and rage. Doesn't fix the problem.

At the very least it shows to management that not everyone has a love affair with Lindy. I think there's a little bit of a misnomer in the area where most people love Lindy and want him to stay. Frothing morons calling and screaming may not totally disprove that, but at least it shows to the team he might not be as loved as perceived.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
At the very least it shows to management that not everyone has a love affair with Lindy. I think there's a little bit of a misnomer in the area where most people love Lindy and want him to stay. Frothing morons calling and screaming may not totally disprove that, but at least it shows to the team he might not be as loved as perceived.

Fan opinion of the coach shouldn't matter one bit.

The question should simply be if the coach is getting the most out of what he's been given. If yes? Great. If not? Can we upgrade. That's it.

I wouldn't mind one bit if they had a head coach that said Buffalo sucks 7 days a week if he managed to get 48 wins and deep playoff runs every year.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

It doesn't make the team better on the ice.

But, I do believe it helps the marketing of the team a bit as it gives the mouth breathing fans the perception that management isn't hiding in their ivory tower and fiddling while Rome burns, so to speak.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Fan opinion of the coach shouldn't matter one bit.

The question should simply be if the coach is getting the most out of what he's been given. If yes? Great. If not? Can we upgrade. That's it.

I wouldn't mind one bit if they had a head coach that said Buffalo sucks 7 days a week if he managed to get 48 wins and deep playoff runs every year.

It shouldn't, but it does. Fan pressure can cause lots of decisions that may or may not have happened otherwise, good or bad. If it pressures change in this scenario, I'd be okay with it.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK

More importantly for me I'd say it's good that Ruff heard it (bit of a presumption there). He needs to know his job is really on the line or at least that the quiet Buffalo fan base are starting to get a little 'Toronto'.

I don't agree with sabotaging an interview and yelling at someone who really isn't to blame for our current hole but hopefully the misguided show of passion has some positive consequences.

Note: I haven't heard it, I might try and hear it later if I can find a way of listening to it in the UK.

S319R11S16

Expect Suffering
Apr 18, 2006
If you were Regier's speechwriter, what would you have suggested that he say?

If he left it at "This isn't acceptable" people would still be killing him by retorting "OK, so what are you going to DO about it???"

I don't care about what Regier, Black, or Pegula SAY (especially on the record). I care about what they DO.

As do I...

tick tock

tick tock

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Let me guess, you were one of those fans at the start of year on board with the boycott idea, where you wouldn't buy tickets or go to games to make a statement that the fans need to be treated better. You saw the amount of fans that showed up for the intersquad game, you saw how fast the tickets sold for this season, and how many fans showed up for the training camp sale. The fact of the matter is, that whole boycott idea is always going to be a mino trying to swim against the current. There's just too many passionate fans that show up and cheer regardless of the circumstances. Your idea of not buying merchandise as a means to get the coach fired just won't work, plain and simple.

To answer the first part of your post: Did I say all of the above? You're damned right. I said it then, I'll say it now, and I'll KEEP saying it. I'm not here to be liked. If you don't like my takes, that's fine.

As for the second part: Maybe not. But I think the players will have a bigger hand in getting Ruff fired. Right now, it's almost as if they're tanking things on purpose(or there's a perfect storm of circumstances coming together to achieve the same result).

sand1138man

Apr 25, 2007
Uh, I think he's just referring to "this weekend". AKA don't expect a quick fix.

Naturally, the majority here will take this as "Lindy will never be fired".

yeah and why would the majority of us think that? what possible reason would sabres fans have tothink that darcy wont fire lindy. they are best friends and have been forever, lindy may not be going, but he has to make a major change to his philosophy, 16 years of the same sysem not working is cause for changing it up.

That said, it's not all him, darcy puts faith in streaky players whp are really good 20 percent of there careers asnd awful the other 80, like miller for example. HE IS NOT A GOOD GOALIE, He does not go out there every night and make saves that nhl goals should make. ANY shot from ANY point on the ice can go in and he will just shake his head. 1 vezina year and nothing since. myers - i good year and ZERO since, stafford- dissapears for months a time, and same with vanek (although he's hotter than he's ever been right now), but at the end of the season last year when we were close to clinching a playoff spot he turned into a zombie and was a waste of space....they wated 5 years only connolly because he has one good playoff game, but then they trade away proven consistant stars like briere and campbell, boy how nice would it be to have campbell right now, and he was in tears when he had t leave buffalo cause he wanted to stay so bad.......but we have leopold and myers.........erhoff is our only really good defensemen

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
yeah and why would the majority of us think that? what possible reason would sabres fans have tothink that darcy wont fire lindy. they are best friends and have been forever, lindy may not be going, but he has to make a major change to his philosophy, 16 years of the same sysem not working is cause for changing it up.

That said, it's not all him, darcy puts faith in streaky players whp are really good 20 percent of there careers asnd awful the other 80, like miller for example. HE IS NOT A GOOD GOALIE, He does not go out there every night and make saves that nhl goals should make. ANY shot from ANY point on the ice can go in and he will just shake his head. 1 vezina year and nothing since. myers - i good year and ZERO since, stafford- dissapears for months a time, and same with vanek (although he's hotter than he's ever been right now), but at the end of the season last year when we were close to clinching a playoff spot he turned into a zombie and was a waste of space....they wated 5 years only connolly because he has one good playoff game, but then they trade away proven consistant stars like briere and campbell, boy how nice would it be to have campbell right now, and he was in tears when he had t leave buffalo cause he wanted to stay so bad.......but we have leopold and myers.........erhoff is our only really good defensemen

What? You mean they offered Drury a contract over Briere before FA (which in my opinion AT THE TIME, was the right choice.) and Briere walked?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
What? You mean they offered Drury a contract over Briere before FA (which in my opinion AT THE TIME, was the right choice.) and Briere walked?

Yep. Buffalo offered Drury a contract before Briere. Details between the contract offer and the first day of free agency are a little sketchy, but the bottom line is this:

Buffalo offered Drury a 5 year, $25 mil contract before the end of the season

Drury, sometime between the offer and July 1, declined to sign the deal

Buffalo at the last min offered Briere the same deal they offered Drury. Briere felt insulted, declined to sign or negotiate.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Speaking of change....

This derp on facebook claims that he "knows what's best for this team, and it's to trade McCormick, he is a worthless goon." :shakehead
Thoughts... and this is the dude that called me out on his blog :shakehead

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Speaking of change....

This derp on facebook claims that he "knows what's best for this team, and it's to trade McCormick, he is a worthless goon." :shakehead

Off the top of my head...he's an idiot?

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Speaking of change....

there's your problem. Probably the worst possible spot to talk hockey

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I commented saying that it's a dumb idea because Cody isn't goon status. And he called me out saying I knew nothing about hockey. :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad