Waived: Dany Heatley Clears Waivers, Fans Rejoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
I'd rather claim MPS, but Heatley is a better warm body than some of the players we have right now. He has Craig Adams-level speed, but his shot is still solid. I would rather have Heatley on the PP over Kunitz (but I think that is more about how terrible Kunitz is right now).

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Man, anyone wanting Heatley on this team must have not watched him the past few seasons and are hoping he's just going to be an upgrade because of his previous stats.

The guy is done. Finished. Finito. He ****ing sucks. The guy doesn't even skate out there. Skates like he's in quicksand. Has no heart. I'd take Bobby Farnham 10/10 over Heatley at this point in his career and that sounds ****ing redonkulous.

Craig Adams is better than Heatley at this point in his career...and it pains me to say that Adams is better than anyone.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Haha Dany Heatley.... No. Well, maybe we could claim him and roll him out for like a game just for the lolz, but otherwise **** no.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Every single person that wants him on this team deserves to be banned from the Pens board and banned from claiming to be a fan.

Not even kidding.

Nei1ey*

wow i just saw Heatley is still only 33 years old, what the hell happened to this guy, he was considered like top 5 player for couple of years. Wonder how he could fall so hard down to this at still a young age.

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
wow i just saw Heatley is still only 33 years old, what the hell happened to this guy, he was considered like top 5 player for couple of years. Wonder how he could fall so hard down to this at still a young age.

When NHLers who can't skate well lose a step or two they drop off fast.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
NO thanks to Heatley. Gads!
Yes please on MPS. Kid has had troubles and isn't much of a solution to anything but the 4th line. But he is still an asset that could yet turn out to be a real quality player once he puts 25% of his tools together.

I imagine he will get claimed by someone else for exactly those reasons though. Might not get past Carolina.

steelcity24

Jan 31, 2011
Every single person that wants him on this team deserves to be banned from the Pens board and banned from claiming to be a fan.

Not even kidding.

:handclap:
Exactly. I mean do people not even realize how awful he has been the last few years?? I seen people in this thread say things like "well maybe if he comes here he can get back to his game".. umm ya ok. He is already on a really good team in Anaheim and clearly hasn't got his game back. I actually thought he might click with Getz/Perry but nope right back down to the 4th line after a couple games. He sucks. This thread is really sad.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
NO thanks to Heatley. Gads!
Yes please on MPS. Kid has had troubles and isn't much of a solution to anything but the 4th line. But he is still an asset that could yet turn out to be a real quality player once he puts 25% of his tools together.

I imagine he will get claimed by someone else for exactly those reasons though. Might not get past Carolina.
Absolutely. I'd be shocked if MPS dropped to us.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
If there´s a player who could be more frustrating to watch in a Pens uniform than Jayson Megna, it´s Dany Heatley. Please stay away from him, JR. I´m all for the moves, but not THIS move. It would take no more than 2 games before people will start hating him here.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Heatley would be an incredible match with Kunitz...he would make Kunitz seem as fast as he was two years ago.... then we could get Kovy back and Ice the "good a couple years ago" line

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
HOw good is MPS's defensive game. It would be hard not to take a free look at those tools if he is in anyway competent in his own zone and backchecking.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
HOw good is MPS's defensive game. It would be hard not to take a free look at those tools if he is in anyway competent in his own zone and backchecking.
Hard to say when he barely plays actually. Pääjärvi-Svensson has some speed, but his hockey IQ seems to be close to Megna´s level. That´s the issue with him.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So when do we know who, if anyone, claims these guys?

Noon?

Would love the Pens to take a chance on MPS but really doubt he gets to us.

Edit: just checked and it is noon so we should know in a couple of hours or so. If Shero there would be zero chance of a claim. JR is much more likely.

Last edited:

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Edit: just checked and it is noon so we should know in a couple of hours or so. If Shero there would be zero chance of a claim. JR is much more likely.

How's so? JR hasn't done any waiver claims yet for the Penguins (there's been guys like Setoguchi, Brunner, Roy etc. on waivers this season). Where as Shero claimed Pyatt last season, Boychuk the year before... Was JR any more active than that using the waiver wire during his days in Carolina?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
How's so? JR hasn't done any waiver claims yet for the Penguins (there's been guys like Setoguchi, Brunner, Roy etc. on waivers this season). Where as Shero claimed Pyatt last season, Boychuk the year before... Was JR any more active than that using the waiver wire during his days in Carolina?

Magnus Paajarvi is the anti-Shero/Bylsma player. No way in hell he would even get a look.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
According to Dregs, Heatley, Paarjavi, Pinizzotto, and Hackett all cleared waivers.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
With our injury situation, I am surprised we did not at least take a flyer on Paajarvi. It is not like we do not already have the next great thing on wing currently, so could afford the chance. His cap hit would be about $600,00 for the rest of the year, so it is not like he would kill out cap situation. Then again, neither did anyone else take that chance on him which I suppose speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad