Waived: Dany Heatley Clears Waivers, Fans Rejoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Is there anything to stop us claiming him, playing him for 10 games or so till the team is healthier and then waiving him if he hasn't performed well?

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Getting Heatley would be exactly the same type of trap the Penguins have fallen into since, well...Ziggy Palffy.

SarahCrash

Dec 17, 2005
St. Albert, AB
We have players in Wheeling that can do more on the ice than Dany Heatley right now... I'd pass.

I just saw that Derek Roy was put on the waiver wire. He has good hands. Maybe he's someone worth kicking the tires.

Last edited:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I think Comeau and Hornqvist are expected back around mid Jan? So around 8 games times. Why not bring him for those 8 games and see what he can do. If he sucks, waive him. Is he really worse than having AHL players in our top six?

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
I think Comeau and Hornqvist are expected back around mid Jan? So around 8 games times. Why not bring him for those 8 games and see what he can do. If he sucks, waive him. Is he really worse than having AHL players in our top six?

Yes. AHL players at least provide us with a lot of energy and battle hard, because if they don't they may never see the ice again.

Seriously. I'm tired of Pittsburgh being a retirement home for washed up vets to spend their last season in the league with.

DO. NOT. WANT.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Absolutely not interested in Heatley. At all.

I'd definitely take a shot at Paajarvi, assuming he makes it to us. I highly doubt he will though.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Absolutely not interested in Heatley. At all.

I'd definitely take a shot at Paajarvi, assuming he makes it to us. I highly doubt he will though.

I honestly wish that they would have thrown a 7th round pick St. Louis' way because of this. A 7th rounder has a much less chance of doing anything than Paajarvi does of finding his game with Crosby or Malkin.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Do not want Heatley. That is such a Shero/Bylsma move.

We could really use a young wing with a little upside like Paajarvi falling to us on waivers. Unfortunately it's unlikely anybody decent that hits waivers will ever fall far enough for us to get them.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Pretty sure Heatley is worse than most anything we can bring up from the Baby Pens. Paajarvi might be worth a try.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Roy's 5 foot nothing and washed up. Too busy putting a new coat of wax on his Ferrari these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad