Player Discussion Danton Heinen

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Both Heinen and Boqvist are due for contracts next season.

I think I'd rather see Heinen come back than Bo but I think Bo would be better as the guy coming off the bench. I think Heinen has shown he's deserving of the ice time in a regular role.

DeBrusk/free agent -- Zacha -- Pasta

Marchand -- Coyle -- Lysell

Freddy -- Poitras -- Geekie

Lauko -- Beecher -- Braz

extras: Boqvist/free agent

Given the fact that they haven't called Lysell up once this year, I am not depending on him having a top 6 role next season at this point.

What Heinen doe that you doubt get out of most depth guys, is that he is plug and play anywhere in the lineup. No he is not a first like forward, but if you are missing a first line forward for a week, Heinen can spot in there. Same second- fourth line. He just makes so many small play on the ice every game.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Think one year is nice, since you have the flexibility in case a trade or free agent is available that you feel slots into his spot better next year or if some young guys show they're ready for full time roles.

Would take him back on the right contract though, but I try not to fall in love with depth guys like him, since better options could become available
Danton only 28 and didn't even start properly at start of season because of cap stuff comes in cold and now almost has 15 goals . Hes a keeper.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
It may be easier on him this 2nd time around due to less expectations. He learned from his time elsewhere, where he fits in the NHL and seems to have accepted it.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Man, the team needs to start listening to you Dan. Had Freddy not been sat vs the Panthers in the playoffs, the Bruins win. Had they dressed Heinen vs the ducks, the win. Brilliant!! :laugh:
Butterfly Effect
Both Heinen and Boqvist are due for contracts next season.

I think I'd rather see Heinen come back than Bo but I think Bo would be better as the guy coming off the bench. I think Heinen has shown he's deserving of the ice time in a regular role.

DeBrusk/free agent -- Zacha -- Pasta

Marchand -- Coyle -- Lysell

Freddy -- Poitras -- Geekie

Lauko -- Beecher -- Braz

extras: Boqvist/free agent
i expect resigned 3/7.5 M

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
It may be easier on him this 2nd time around due to less expectations. He learned from his time elsewhere, where he fits in the NHL and seems to have accepted it.
Maybe. I do remember being bored one day a couple years ago and there was a random Penguins game on National tv so I watched a period of it and Heinen scored, I kinda chuckled at the time because I didn't even know he was on Pittsburgh then but he looked decent. No idea who his linemates were though.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Given the fact that they haven't called Lysell up once this year, I am not depending on him having a top 6 role next season at this point.

What Heinen doe that you doubt get out of most depth guys, is that he is plug and play anywhere in the lineup. No he is not a first like forward, but if you are missing a first line forward for a week, Heinen can spot in there. Same second- fourth line. He just makes so many small play on the ice every game.

Agree on Lysell. While the Bruins have parachuted rookies into top 6 roles in the past it's not common. Has Fabian done enough? People who watch Providence will know far more than me but from what I can tell it's at least debatable.

As for Heinen, yeah good utility players are so valuable. He's consistent, versatile, reliable, no fuss, clearly wants to be in Boston. Never wanted to leave in the first place. Seems a no-brainer to re-sign him to me.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Actually wondering what the deal is we'd like to see Heinen resign at.

I keep coming back to three years x 2M. Less on the cash side to me is very much in favor of the Bruins. What's interesting is really as the player (and not the agent), you probably jump all over that given that you were a PTO not that long ago. That's some nice income and security. I'm not even sure I care about a 4th year (as in he could have one).

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Been working on my bathroom - haven’t been on here

Did Dollar Store Donny announce the team-friendly deals of Heinie & Jake yet ?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Id love to think they can get him in at a longer term with a respectable aav. Im thinking Nick Paul kind of deal when I say this. Im usually weary of locking in bottom 6 guys but hes still so young and versatile. If you can lock that into a Paul type of deal its going to be chump change for what he brings in just a few years as the cap goes up.

Guy showed he wanted to be in Boston during the PTO saga. Also helps having Monty behind the bench. And he may have gotten enough of a taste of uncertainty with the FA market that he might being willing to look at the kind of deal described above?
Bringing this back to the surface. Thoughts remain the same though I think I did him a disservice calling him a bottom 6 guy. Hes an all 4 lines filler guy. Plug him in where needed and he will hold his own.

And he is my vote for 7th player. Geekie is a close second.

• Love
Reactions: Ladyfan

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I was not a Danton Heinen fan the first time around. Too streaky and then weak when he wasn't scoring, in my view.

Second time around I am massively tipping my hat to him. He's been noticeable to me all the time and has just slowly and steadily chipped in with much needed offense. Hell, his physical game alone is not bad at all. Not a fly by guy.

Would be happy to have DH43 back.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Actually wondering what the deal is we'd like to see Heinen resign at.

I keep coming back to three years x 2M. Less on the cash side to me is very much in favor of the Bruins. What's interesting is really as the player (and not the agent), you probably jump all over that given that you were a PTO not that long ago. That's some nice income and security. I'm not even sure I care about a 4th year (as in he could have one).
That offer probably gets the deal done. You have to figure Heinen is going to prioritize term and there probably won’t be too many teams offering over 2 years.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Not everyone measures success/happiness in $. IDK if Danton is strictly out for the money or not. If he's really happy here on & off the ice he might want to stay even if it means less money than he could get elsewhere. We'll just have to wait & see. In the meantime I am loving his performance this season.
Heinen should be put on the back burner, there are too many other signings that need to be addressed first.

I’m going 2/5 on Heinen
That just is not realistic, if that is the deal I am out.

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I’m going 2/5 on Heinen

When you do these you are saying 2M for 5 years I have to assume? Obviously you can't mean 5M for 2 years. I don't think there will be any pressure on Sweeney to give out 5 years here. 3 or 4. I think with 4 we get his best years.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When you do these you are saying 2M for 5 years I have to assume? Obviously you can't mean 5M for 2 years. I don't think there will be any pressure on Sweeney to give out 5 years here. 3 or 4. I think with 4 we get his best years.
Two years at 5 M total

Say 2.25 M year 1 and 2.75 M year 2

Heinen should be put on the back burner, there are too many other signings that need to be addressed first.

That just is not realistic, if that is the deal I am out.
Heinen should not be put on back burner

This deal should be able to be done in 20 minutes if Heinen wants to stay here

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Two years at 5 M total

Now get jake at 4.75m for three years

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Two years at 5 M total

Ya 2.5M a year for 2 years seems fine. I'd still try to offer 2M to see if he takes it. But I also think I'd like the 3rd year.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Two years at 5 M total

Take the year he has had enjoy , then tell him thank you very much........good luck on your next contract it should not be here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad