Player Discussion Danton Heinen

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I won't lie, when he was traded from the Bruins for Ritchie I was really happy, I thought we were getting rid of a guy who couldn't score to save his life back then and was soft. This version of Heinen I like a lot, he's physically engaged and plays well on whatever line Monty puts him on, his production has also been solid. No one ever questioned his defensive side of the game, I can see Sweeney resigning him for 2 years at somewhere around 1.75 mil/year.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
loved that goal for a lot of reasons. really impressive. heino 2.0 has been a great addition.
That goal was 100% him. Took that pass and went past two defenders and finishing it with a world class roofie

I dunno how to respect the people who boo'd this PTO anymore. I just can't turn the page.
If you are being honest no-one predicted his resurrection or JVR

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
7th Player Award should be his.

I mean he was practicing with the team without a contract for a month at the start of the year.

They should also lock him up for a couple more - got to think the $ would be waaaay reasonable and he'd appreciate a few years in the deal. Total utility player who can slot in just about anywhere and not hurt you.
I agree completely. It has to be a value contract though. At 1.75 per year I am all in, hell give him a 3 year deal. On the other hand if bidding were to reach 3 million, I think you are forced to try to replace him. Maybe Merkulov grows into a role or Farinacci or some outsider. Lysell I see competing more for a top 6 only role but other internal candidates in this competition and value free agent signings.

I hope he stays, we just can't give him a Craig Smith contract and continue to get great value.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
no bidding war if you sign him now. put me in with the rest of the folks who couldn't believe he went unsigned and lasted so long on a tryout -- guy was always great and some of us very much expected this from him.

Danton Heinen was never "great". He was a serviceable NHL player, but not a "great" NHL player. "Great" NHL players don't resort to a PTO to find a team to play for.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Danton Heinen was never "great". He was a serviceable NHL player, but not a "great" NHL player. "Great" NHL players don't resort to a PTO to find a team to play for.
I agree but feel he was always a good skater, smart and is versatile. He loves playing in Boston.

He looks great for the $$ and is (for what he brings) underpaid. You have to consider his value to the team based on a bunch of things. He also gets along VERY well with the others.

For the money he looks great. I don't think he will have to "resort to a PTO" for his next contract.

He will be getting a raise in pay from someone. Based on what I have seen from him I hope (as long as it isn't too much) it is the Bs. I like having guys who love playing here on the team.

Last edited:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I agree but feel he was always a good skater, smart and is versatile.

He looks great for the $$ and is (for what he brings) underpaid.

Agree. I said to my brother last night (and both of us thought "Oh no not again" after he came in on the PTO) "I'll take this Danton Heinen at this price anytime."

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I agree completely. It has to be a value contract though. At 1.75 per year I am all in, hell give him a 3 year deal. On the other hand if bidding were to reach 3 million, I think you are forced to try to replace him. Maybe Merkulov grows into a role or Farinacci or some outsider. Lysell I see competing more for a top 6 only role but other internal candidates in this competition and value free agent signings.

I hope he stays, we just can't give him a Craig Smith contract and continue to get great value.
Got to think he'd sign for a bargain here. I mean he was willing to practice for nothing and has to appreciate the fit with the organization and city, not to mention his new found success on the ice.

Reactions: HustleB and Ladyfan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m GM 2/4

He’s legit third liner who can kill penalties

No brainer Donny

Wotherspoon & Heinen 2.0 steals

Watching Regula tonight - I’ve liked him a long time he’s a big boy with some skills but defensively strong

Love what they are doing

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Id love to think they can get him in at a longer term with a respectable aav. Im thinking Nick Paul kind of deal when I say this. Im usually weary of locking in bottom 6 guys but hes still so young and versatile. If you can lock that into a Paul type of deal its going to be chump change for what he brings in just a few years as the cap goes up.

Guy showed he wanted to be in Boston during the PTO saga. Also helps having Monty behind the bench. And he may have gotten enough of a taste of uncertainty with the FA market that he might being willing to look at the kind of deal described above?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He’s another player I like on the ice and been told by a Providence full timer who deals with players is as nice a person as anyone who’s come thru there
I thought we would have seen him by now...Amanda says HI. She is working from my house today.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Danton has been excellent, especially for the $$.

The kid looks so happy at the games.

Bs are certainly getting their money's worth from him. If they can sign him for a reasonable amount I would do it. If the Bs don't someone else will for sure.

Which is tough because at his age he’ll be looking to get paid and some team will offer him 4+ if he pops 20-20 this year

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Which is tough because at his age he’ll be looking to get paid and some team will offer him 4+ if he pops 20-20 this year

Which is why it would be ideal to work out an extension that works for both now.

And if Danton thinks he can get 4 million in the FA market, then shake his hand and wish him luck, and I have always loved the guy

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Maybe, but he could be better off on his next deal if he signs for a few years in Boston first. He knows he's successful here and he fits the roster and organization, whereas he's been burned in other stops around the league. Monty's not going anywhere for a while. Just think what he could sign for after 3 solid years here compared to bouncing around trying to fit somewhere else.

Reactions: BMC and JoeIsAStud

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Maybe, but he could be better off on his next deal if he signs for a few years in Boston first. He knows he's successful here and he fits the roster and organization, whereas he's been burned in other stops around the league. Monty's not going anywhere for a while. Just think what he could sign for after 3 solid years here compared to bouncing around trying to fit somewhere else.
He'll be 29 this summer

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
like most i was super excited after his rookie season. i always liked his game despite not matching that 1st year production. i see an improved skater, a player more confident in the coaching staff, and the most versatile player on the roster. rooting for him for sure.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad