Player Discussion Danton Heinen

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Maybe, but he could be better off on his next deal if he signs for a few years in Boston first. He knows he's successful here and he fits the roster and organization, whereas he's been burned in other stops around the league. Monty's not going anywhere for a while. Just think what he could sign for after 3 solid years here compared to bouncing around trying to fit somewhere else.

It’s risky

He’s 28 now and once he hits 30 his age is against him in this league

If he’s thinking about himself and family then he’ll go for the biggest contract for a team that needs a guy like him and is willing to overpay a bit

But on the other hand he could feel taking 2.5-3mil here on a three year deal is just better overall for him depending on where he feels comfortable/what he values in the whole package as a player

There’s definitely something about coming “home” that could be why he’s having a good year

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Hope the Bruins keep Heinen. Him and Geekie are versatile swiss army knives who can help support the team once they get more top end talent in the offseason.

Reactions: BMC

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I hate to say it, but at 28 Heinen needs to chase the $$. This is his last chance.
It's his last chance if he makes a poor decision. If he makes a good one he's got another good deal coming.

Besides I not sold that there'd be a big market or big money for him this summer.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It's his last chance if he makes a poor decision. If he makes a good one he's got another good deal coming.

Besides I not sold that there'd be a big market or big money for him this summer.

Every team is seeing their cap jumping up 4 million. There won’t be a better market for him than this offseason. Still young enough he might get some term. We will just have to see.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I hate to say it, but at 28 Heinen needs to chase the $$. This is his last chance.

And if he could sign something tomorrow for 3 years 6 million, that is a LOT of money and sets his family up for life. He could gamble on himself and hope he can get 12 but absolutely no guarantee that money would be out there for him

Reactions: Over the volcano

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Got to think he'd sign for a bargain here. I mean he was willing to practice for nothing and has to appreciate the fit with the organization and city, not to mention his new found success on the ice.
I don't know if Danton is married with kids but Boston has great health care and excellent schools.

I love that Tuukka, Z and Bergy are hanging around.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't know if Danton is married with kids but Boston has great health care and excellent schools.

I love that Tuukka, Z and Bergy are hanging around.
1707584208306.png

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I wouldn't be upset if he comes back but I think the Bruins are in a position where they have plenty of bottom six options. I think this year has helped Heinen's stock and it might out-price him here in Boston.
He has contributed this year, but say take the Haula approach you got what you needed from him this year, now move on, especially with raise he will get and you have some younger players that have emerged and you do not want to block.........

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You could make that argument, and that argument for others on the team. But I think we expected Coyle to step up and play better because he had to, and given good line mates his production would increase

Heinen we didn’t even expect to make the team initially

He’s already won it twice

Maybe they change it to Charlie Coyle Award
You are right, I am wrong, would accept Freddy or Geekie.......

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Both Heinen and Boqvist are due for contracts next season.

I think I'd rather see Heinen come back than Bo but I think Bo would be better as the guy coming off the bench. I think Heinen has shown he's deserving of the ice time in a regular role.

DeBrusk/free agent -- Zacha -- Pasta

Marchand -- Coyle -- Lysell

Freddy -- Poitras -- Geekie

Lauko -- Beecher -- Braz

extras: Boqvist/free agent

Reactions: CellyHard

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Both Heinen and Boqvist are due for contracts next season.

I think I'd rather see Heinen come back than Bo but I think Bo would be better as the guy coming off the bench. I think Heinen has shown he's deserving of the ice time in a regular role.

DeBrusk/free agent -- Zacha -- Pasta

Marchand -- Coyle -- Lysell

Freddy -- Poitras -- Geekie

Lauko -- Beecher -- Braz

extras: Boqvist/free agent
I kind of thought Poitras would be playing in Providence (at least at the start of next season). I think he would have been these this season if it wasn't for the age thing.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Not everyone measures success/happiness in $. IDK if Danton is strictly out for the money or not. If he's really happy here on & off the ice he might want to stay even if it means less money than he could get elsewhere. We'll just have to wait & see. In the meantime I am loving his performance this season.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Not everyone measures success/happiness in $. IDK if Danton is strictly out for the money or not. If he's really happy here on & off the ice he might want to stay even if it means less money than he could get elsewhere. We'll just have to wait & see. In the meantime I am loving his performance this season.
He clearly wanted to play for the Bs. He stayed around even when he wasn't yet signed. I know the coach likes him. Brad and Pasta too.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Wish donny had signed him at 2 years at 750k. Hes worth more 🤣. What a find.
Think one year is nice, since you have the flexibility in case a trade or free agent is available that you feel slots into his spot better next year or if some young guys show they're ready for full time roles.

Would take him back on the right contract though, but I try not to fall in love with depth guys like him, since better options could become available

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad