Player Discussion Danton Heinen

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I admit I wanted him scratched game 7 and Backes in there for 10 minutes

He competes doesn’t shy away from board battles and uses experience and good stick to win 50:50’s

However I like him with a couple of bigger/heavier linemates like Frederic and JVR or Geekie

Freddy seems to get the center position

Curious how Freddie would do at LW with 18 & 88
I wanted him permanently scratched every game the first time around. He’s just a much better player this time.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Nevin is a mighty high bar to set, was so happy to see him last night, still looks great.

Lauko becomes half of the Kamikaze Kid it would be huge for the Bruins. I still get Kunin if I can, just seems to be a lot of untapped potential with him.
I remember Markwart fighting out of his weight class on many occasions. Tocchet, McPhee, etc. Lauko is no Markwart.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I wanted him permanently scratched every game the first time around. He’s just a much better player this time.
I didn’t go that far but game 7 I wanted that 4th line guy getting 8-10 minutes pushing back and going to the net not looking like a squirrel crossing a busy road

He’s definitely better

Monty needs to keep him third line looks perfect

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I remember Markwart fighting out of his weight class on many occasions. Tocchet, McPhee, etc. Lauko is no Markwart.
The fight that did Markwart in was Jay Wells in LA. I believe he got his shoulder pulled out

Markwart was like Boom Boom Mancini fighting Ken Norton. Heart in there but Wells a big tough guy

Two fights I recommend are Markwart v George McPhee (Vegas Prez) & the Wells fight

Markwart won a lot of fights but those were two that probably didn’t prolong career

Lauko fought Hartford’s goon 2-3 years ago giving up 5-6 inches and reminded me of Markwart

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I didn’t go that far but game 7 I wanted that 4th line guy getting 8-10 minutes pushing back and going to the net not looking like a squirrel crossing a busy road

He’s definitely better

Monty needs to keep him third line looks perfect
Yeah, I’m under the impression that Monty is at least part of the reason for his improved play.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Love it. He was so happy last night!

1705885871306.png

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I don’t know if Lauko can pull it off - he’s got jets and will fight and he makes good contact but Markwart was Uber intelligent and knew when and where to cause a disturbance

You are 100% on Kunin - me and Lou once a week are texting about we would go get Kunin. Glad another psycho like us see the same thing

To bad Anderson contract sucks - he’s been on a heater about same time Frederic & DeBrusk went on there’s

I’d take him for 3.5 M a year max but he’s way to much now
I love Anderson's game but that contract is a killer. Hopefully Frederic doesn't use that as a base in negotiations

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
The fight that did Markwart in was Jay Wells in LA. I believe he got his shoulder pulled out

Markwart was like Boom Boom Mancini fighting Ken Norton. Heart in there but Wells a big tough guy

Two fights I recommend are Markwart v George McPhee (Vegas Prez) & the Wells fight

Markwart won a lot of fights but those were two that probably didn’t prolong career

Lauko fought Hartford’s goon 2-3 years ago giving up 5-6 inches and reminded me of Markwart
Virtually no time left in the LA game when Markwart took on Jay Wells fir no reason, said he was upset he didn't get an assist he felt he deserved so he was frustrated and went after Wells. He popped his shoulder and that pretty much did him in. Milbury did him no favors when he coached.

The 87-88 Bruins could ice a lineup with Jay Miller, Lyndon Byers, Keith Crowder, Cam Neely, Willie Plett, Nevin Markwart, Gord Kluzak and Bruce Shoebottom. With Alan May and Mike Steven's in Maine. Oh and Kenny Linseman being Kenny Linseman, I miss real hockey.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
What’s up with LB walking with ski poles? He and Ray Bourque looked absolutely terrible.
I think Lyndon had a double hip replacement but not 100% sure. Ray likes steak, pasta and beer.

Shoebottom, for the crazy life he has had since leaving Boston, looked remarkably good.

Reactions: DKH

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
As in just like Craig Smith when he gets on a hot streak you have people in here wanting to give him a 4yr deal? Like some first rate Top 6 player. Come on, hasn’t anymore learned a thing. Look at his career up until this point. While he is playing well this season and possibly has figured out he needs consistency after almost being out of the league, it’s still not over and you need to see what he looks like in the playoffs before signing any deals. He is known to check out during the tough season. Not sure you want to tie up bigger money if he disappears there.

Be cautiously happy for him, but you have to see the whole picture of his career and whether if he gets a multi year deal does his consistency go back to what it was before this season when he feels more safe. So to me it’s still a wait and see with him even though he has shown better consistency this season to this point.

Heinen's playoff record is perfectly acceptable. Not amazing, just decent. There's no evidence that he 'checks out during the tough season'. I would agree with your general point that there is no need to rush in re-signing him, but it depends what he wants. If he's willing to take a team-friendly deal then I'd have no problem with Sweeney making that move before the season ends, even if there's some term attached. Form can be up and down but as long as the money is reasonable I'd be confident that Heinen is overall going to be a solid contributor for at least the next 3-4 years.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
7th Player Award should be his.

I mean he was practicing with the team without a contract for a month at the start of the year.

They should also lock him up for a couple more - got to think the $ would be waaaay reasonable and he'd appreciate a few years in the deal. Total utility player who can slot in just about anywhere and not hurt you.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I would expect getting something done with Heinen should be pretty easy…definitely loves playing for Monty and Boston

I think anything under 2M over a couple of years would be very fair for both sides

Love the way he competes and battles for pucks in the corner. He goes to the dirty areas. Not afraid to take a hit to make a play. He rarely turns the puck over. Just an ideal bottom six player

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Danton has been excellent, especially for the $$.

The kid looks so happy at the games.

Bs are certainly getting their money's worth from him. If they can sign him for a reasonable amount I would do it. If the Bs don't someone else will for sure.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
7th Player Award should be his.

I mean he was practicing with the team without a contract for a month at the start of the year.

They should also lock him up for a couple more - got to think the $ would be waaaay reasonable and he'd appreciate a few years in the deal. Total utility player who can slot in just about anywhere and not hurt you.
Having played hockey my whole life I can't stress enough how much players appreciate the small things like that - practicing for free while the team figures their shit out goes a long way in earning trust and respect from his teammates/coaches/management....and I know hes not "tough" but that is the kind of guy I'd love to go to war with. Putting the team first no matter what is what I want in a teammate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad