Player Discussion Danton Heinen VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Certainly much more visible now. PJ/Loui hybrid,maybe he's capable of Eriksson's 70 points,he's already topped PJ's high of 36.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Certainly the Swiss Army knife of the Bs. Dude can play respectably on any line or position he is put in. Bs are very lucky to have him at his cap hit. His defensive play has become well above average and his hockey IQ continues to impress me. He anticipates where he needs to be as well as anyone on the team. Not sure why anyone thinks he needs to be a banger when that has never been his game. He makes up for so much with superior positioning and quick hands when battling for the puck. The only criticism I have of Heinen is that he is not selfish enough. He has a deceptively quick release on his wrister. Needs to use that more. No way in hell am I going to judge him based on points production when he is not exactly being put in a role conducive to points production. If he ever gets settled on a decent line and given time to develop chemistry then the points will come. I have zero doubt about it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah, I hate to call people out but if you “don’t see it” with Heinen that says more about your ability to see the game and recognize talent than it does about Heinen’s abilities.
he`s the kind of player that coaches at all levels just love. While he won`t dazzle anyone offensively or typically bring anyone out of their seats, just goes about his business and is the kind of player who, on the majority of evenings, you`ll not really have too much concern about playing a focused 200 ft game

Reactions: Bun Cook

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I’ve noticed this thread hasn’t got much attention the last two weeks while heinen has 5 point in his last 6 games and is playing some stellar two way hockey
he has been awesome, and I'm especially loving his work on the power play. With Krug out he & Grizz have really stepped up.

With that said, I didn't want to be the guy to come in here & say this but since you brought it up...he has already shown in his career that he can be excellent in November. Now we need to see him do this in April/May/June.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
he has been awesome, and I'm especially loving his work on the power play. With Krug out he & Grizz have really stepped up.

With that said, I didn't want to be the guy to come in here & say this but since you brought it up...he has already shown in his career that he can be excellent in November. Now we need to see him do this in April/May/June.

heinen may not have had the box score stats in the playoffs last year but he led all players in the playoffs in goals for to goals against ratio.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
heinen may not have had the box score stats in the playoffs last year but he led all players in the playoffs in goals for to goals against ratio.
eh, he benefited pretty greatly from playing mostly with Coyle & Johansson who were on a hell of a run. He complemented them well & certainly didn't drag them down, but I did think he was clearly the weak link on that line and it showed the most in the finals.

I definitely appreciate his defensive responsibility, but the margins are just sooo thin in the playoffs. At some point a guy like that has got to produce more than just ratios.

Reactions: sarge88

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
I'm really, really finally cluing into how smart the guy actually is. I admit I was a bit biased because he bored the hell out of me, but I definitely see his importance.
He's literally twice as boring -- half as exciting? -- as the rest of the team when it comes to scoring (for and against combined). And even more so when it comes to hitting.

Unless you really notice the details.

Reactions: Bun Cook

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
He's literally twice as boring -- half as exciting? -- as the rest of the team when it comes to scoring (for and against combined). And even more so when it comes to hitting.

Unless you really notice the details.
He frustrates me a bit in that regard. I see so many opportunities for him to hammer a guy and he peels away. Maybe that's smart? Maybe I'm just selfish and want to see more from him in that regard. I think the bench would lose their mind if he lit someone up just once, hah.

That said, 1 hit in his last 16 games. You'd think you'd get 2-3 by accident, haha.

But yeah, I've learned to accept it now for the most part.

Reactions: YouTakeTheVan

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
He frustrates me a bit in that regard. I see so many opportunities for him to hammer a guy and he peels away. Maybe that's smart? Maybe I'm just selfish and want to see more from him in that regard. I think the bench would lose their mind if he lit someone up just once, hah.

That said, 1 hit in his last 16 games. You'd think you'd get 2-3 by accident, haha.

we collectively have got to stop even looking at the hits as a stat.

didn't someone post in the McAvoy thread that he officially hadn't had a hit in the last X games when he had literally just absolutely leveled a guy on the Leafs the day before? hits is a garbage stat because it's completely unreliable.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
we collectively have got to stop even looking at the hits as a stat.

didn't someone post in the McAvoy thread that he officially hadn't had a hit in the last X games when he had literally just absolutely leveled a guy on the Leafs the day before? hits is a garbage stat because it's completely unreliable.
Fair.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I think Woodstock is too slender to hit anyone, he's listed as 6'1" and 185 pounds but I think that is on the generous side.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

i love seeing guys crush guys with good hits, and also enjoy a good fight. with that said,
the toughness i like from heinen is his willingness to play along the wall and come away
with pucks, and also go to the net to get traffic there. he's a pretty mature player for his
age, usually don't see that. low maintenance, coaches usually like that.

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm really, really finally cluing into how smart the guy actually is. I admit I was a bit biased because he bored the hell out of me, but I definitely see his importance.

he most certainly isn`t the player who`ll bring any of us out of our seats with a flashy end to end rush. Just quietly goes about his business. Not that it makes one bit of difference but I get the feeling he`s one of those players who typically is quiet on the bench or in the room, seems like a humble kid

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
he most certainly isn`t the player who`ll bring any of us out of our seats with a flashy end to end rush. Just quietly goes about his business. Not that it makes one bit of difference but I get the feeling he`s one of those players who typically is quiet on the bench or in the room, seems like a humble kid

NESN miked him up one game. I don't think he said a dozen words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad