Player Discussion Danton Heinen VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Debrusk scored goals at a pace of nearly 3-1 of Heinen last year so goal scorers get more leeway on most teams.. The rest are 4th liners who have a different role. Heinen has his important role in the 3rd line so Cassidy game plans off that

debrusk has also benefitted greatly from being attached to krejcis hip for the majority of his nhl career and getting ample power play time. Whereas the first 30-35 games last year heinen was stuck with a revolving door of backes, jfk, frederic as his center and much lesser skilled centers throughout his career.

debrusk has been allowed to gain chemistry with a center and I don’t think there is a forward on this roster who has been subject to more line combinations that heinen over the past 3 seasons.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
But he is 312th in sitting in the bench intensity

I'd love to see where he ranked in terms of things like shot and goal differential. I bet much higher than 18

Would be interesting to see. I have no idea where I could find that data easily enough. Hockey Reference doesn't have feature that lets you look only at certain draft classes...at least I don't think they do. I can tell you he's 5th in +/- but I'd also say I don't put much stock in the stat lol.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
But he is 312th in sitting in the bench intensity

I'd love to see where he ranked in terms of things like shot and goal differential. I bet much higher than 18

It is much higher than 18.

Among all skaters in 5v5 situations in the entire NHL since the start of the 2017 season Heinen ranks number one in Goals For/Goals Against in the entire nhl since the start of the 2017 season.

I used a 1500 minute minimum to weed out anomalies which would equate to playing 6 minutes per game over a 3 year span.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Was that pass to Marchand purposely indirect? If so, MY GOD. If not, still a good shift for him.

I don’t think it was on purpose, but I was wondering if it was deflected. There was a Carolina player who tried to get his stick in the lane at the last second. Haven’t looked close enough at a replay to tell, though.

either way, it was a real nice sequence by all 3 forwards to make that goal happen. Well deserved points

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
The pass was definitely not intentional, but heinen started this whole play off with a good defensive play in the ozone.
I believe the pass was intentional, and it was an amazing pass.
I don't think the pass was deflected, so it would have been 10 to 15 ft behind the player. Don't think he is that bad of a passer.
If it was deflected, then that changes my opinion, and it probably was not intentional, just lucky.

Why do you say "definitely not intentional" ?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The pass was definitely not intentional, but heinen started this whole play off with a good defensive play in the ozone.
Think you mean in the D zone, it`s this stuff that makes me love a guy like Danton, I don`t know if the pass was intentional or not but this play started by Heinen forcing the D man in his own zone to make an ill advised play

Reactions: BMC

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
seen loads of players do a simple fly by and the play stays in their zone, his stick work simply blows me away each and every game

I was actually very impressed with Heinen last night. He was going to the middle more and really hounding the puck; something I feel he's been lacking lately.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was actually very impressed with Heinen last night. He was going to the middle more and really hounding the puck; something I feel he's been lacking lately.

Had a very assertive game. I think ultimately he`ll always be one of those players who`ll put up between 40-50 pts, might have a big year of 60+ if playing up in the roster at some point but he`s just a guy who will never be a huge scorer, when he done with his development, I see him as a Pevs kind of scorer

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Think you mean in the D zone, it`s this stuff that makes me love a guy like Danton, I don`t know if the pass was intentional or not but this play started by Heinen forcing the D man in his own zone to make an ill advised play

I stand by my original thought that this pass was intentionally behind him to get the carom off the boards.

Reactions: YouTakeTheVan

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

lol I love the crowd on this sequence

*B's break out* AAAAHHHHHH
*Heinen misses pass to Marchand* AWWWWWW
*Marchand gets the puck anyway* AAAAHHHH
*Coyle scores* AAAAHHYEAAAAAHHHHH

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
In my opinion he was definitely putting it into space over by Marchand- I don't know if he was playing the carom like that, but clearly he threw it over there for Marchand to pick up.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It is much higher than 18.

Among all skaters in 5v5 situations in the entire NHL since the start of the 2017 season Heinen ranks number one in Goals For/Goals Against in the entire nhl since the start of the 2017 season.

I used a 1500 minute minimum to weed out anomalies which would equate to playing 6 minutes per game over a 3 year span.

That is absolutely insane, especially given the way he has bounced around different lines and linemates

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
That is absolutely insane, especially given the way he has bounced around different lines and linemates

it’s even more astounding when you think back to last year and him playing a ton of 5v5 minutes The first 30-35 games with backes, jfk and frederic as his centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad