sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kase
Ritchie-Coyle-Bjork
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Kuhlman

Bruce loves Nordstrom and Wagner, both of which haven’t been good this year, so I can’t see them coming out. Kuhlman brings more than Wagner, IMO.

The Heinen for Ritchie trade is fine, honestly. Just sucks that Heinen was driven out of fandom here by a ton of fans who don’t like him because he’s not done physical, big, in-your-face forward. There’s a reason he had 47PTS as a rookie— he wasn’t bounced around and used as a stop-gap when something went wrong. Bet he’ll be a steady 40-point winger in Anaheim. Good luck to him as he brought a ton to the ice that was overshadowed by those who don’t like the way the league is trending. The trade is fine, but the value can be questioned. Either way they moved some money and got a controllable player with solid attributes.

As far as Ritchie goes, he’s no Tom Wilson, but he’s a solid bottom-six forward to potential of finding his stride elsewhere— aka Boston. His underlying numbers are good and he definitely drives the net while hanging around there a lot. He can be completely unhinged and undisciplined at times though. He’s got a history of taking bad penalties and that isn’t something people should be celebrating, IMO.

Nonetheless, it’s a deal that made sense because the player clearly wasn’t a good fit with the coach and Sweeney turned it into cap relief and a useful player that should mesh well with said coach.

Do you really think the bolded had anything at all to do with him being traded?

Because if you do, I'd really like Don Sweeney to know that I think they should trade for either of the Tkachuk boys over the summer.

Personally, I think the bounced around excuse is a cop out for a guy who simply didn't put in enough effort game in and game out and frankly isn't as talented as people want to believe.

I doubt very much that Cassidy checked HF Boards before deciding to bench him a few times this year and last.

Reactions: mikelvl and Sheppy

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Heinen .47 points per game in his career and Ritchie is at .38 points per game in his career. Heinens two full seasons in the nhl would both be career highs in points for richtie.
Why are you blowing this horn ? Put Richtie with Marchy and Bergy and I’m sure he’d pad his stats too.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
The Heinen for Ritchie trade is fine, honestly. Just sucks that Heinen was driven out of fandom here by a ton of fans who don’t like him because he’s not done physical, big, in-your-face forward. There’s a reason he had 47PTS as a rookie— he wasn’t bounced around and used as a stop-gap when something went wrong. Bet he’ll be a steady 40-point winger in Anaheim. Good luck to him as he brought a ton to the ice that was overshadowed by those who don’t like the way the league is trending.
nailed it

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Curious to see Ritchie as a net front on PP1. I think he can be better than DeBrusk there. I think Coyle/Bjork getting a physical net front guy will make them even better. Similarly, I think there is a good chance that Kase can help bridge Krejci and DeBrusk's skill set.

I think they were both very nice moves. I do wish they ended up with a more sure bet, though. Although prices being what they were...

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Heinen is arguably the better player but he's not 1.3 million better than Ritchie. It's a lateral move for the most part. The trade is basically a 2nd/3rd line player with decent hockey IQ but no physicality for a 3rd line player with a physical presence but prone to bad penalties at times.

It's the saving in cap-space that makes this a win for the Bruins in my book.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Had three wishes heading into this deadline. Size and toughness up front, 2RW and getting rid of Heinen. Sweeney achieved two of those three and gambles on the 2RW with Kase.

Love the Ritchie deal, can play him second to fourth LW and he will produce a bit but will create space and go to the net and be tough to move. I would at least try him on PP2 for net front presence.

Kase is a gamble, I would rather have had Plamieri, Smith, Kreider or Leblance but none of those guys moved so at least he is an upgrade.

I will never have to hear about Danton Heinen's quiet, effective game again. The man with no pulse is gone. Non traditional hockey market with no media and no one will critique his play. It's perfect for him, hope he has a nice career far, far from Boston.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Heinen is arguably the better player but he's not 1.3 million better than Ritchie. It's a lateral move for the most part. The trade is basically a 2nd/3rd line player with decent hockey IQ but no physicality for a 3rd line player with a physical presence but prone to bad penalties at times.

It's the saving in cap-space that makes this a win for the Bruins in my book.
If those bad penalties are retaliatory and sticking up for a teammate I have no problem with them and I doubt anyone but Cassidy would on the team. If they are lazy hooking, tripping etc that I have an issue with. Punching Bemstrom in the face repeatedly for running Rask is a good penalty and one I'm sure the Bruins would not have minded killing.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Great trade... Has size jam good shot and don’t take shit... everything we wanted his brother to be.

BruinsNetwork

Do you really think the bolded had anything at all to do with him being traded?

Because if you do, I'd really like Don Sweeney to know that I think they should trade for either of the Tkachuk boys over the summer.

Personally, I think the bounced around excuse is a cop out for a guy who simply didn't put in enough effort game in and game out and frankly isn't as talented as people want to believe.

I doubt very much that Cassidy checked HF Boards before deciding to bench him a few times this year and last.

Please let me know where in the bolded I said that was the reason why he was traded. Thanks.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
I think he did better than most teams. No major trade targets moved i.e. Kreider or Palmieri, so what's the big deal?

He freed up roughly $3.2 million in cap space and got younger/heavier.
Younger , who cares. Are we competing for this years cup or 2024 ? And heavier ? A lazy underachiever is what he got. Better then most teams ? Really, then who, Not Tampa, Not Carolina, Not the Islanders, Not Pittsburgh. And he saved 3.2 you say, from what ? A bust signing of Backes, that after a bust signing of Belesky. I stand by my comment, i think he has wasted the great years of our nucleus the last three years and i think that continues today. Thats my opinion. Trochek would have been great, Pageau as well. You dont GM at the deadline worrying about saving money for Krug signing. You GM at the deadline to get the type player who puts you over the top for a cup run. Especially when we were thisclose last year. We did not succeed in this. He spit in the wind. Lets see where it goes. I say not even as far as last year. And thats a shame. Just my opinion.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Please let me know where in the bolded I said that was the reason why he was traded. Thanks.

I didn’t say you said it was “the reason” he was traded. I asked if you really though it had “anything to do” with him being traded.

Otherwise, what did you mean by “driven out of fandom”?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Younger , who cares. Are we competing for this years cup or 2024 ? And heavier ? A lazy underachiever is what he got. Better then most teams ? Really, then who, Not Tampa, Not Carolina, Not the Islanders, Not Pittsburgh. And he saved 3.2 you say, from what ? A bust signing of Backes, that after a bust signing of Belesky. I stand by my comment, i think he has wasted the great years of our nucleus the last three years and i think that continues today. Thats my opinion. Trochek would have been great, Pageau as well. You dont GM at the deadline worrying about saving money for Krug signing. You GM at the deadline to get the type player who puts you over the top for a cup run. Especially when we were thisclose last year. We did not succeed in this. He spit in the wind. Lets see where it goes. I say not even as far as last year. And thats a shame. Just my opinion.
Careful, there's a ledge there, man.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Careful, there's a ledge there, man.
I am not jumping from any ledge, But what i wont be doing is attending the 4 playoff games i attended last year including game one and Seven of the finals. Why waste the money. If the organization does not make the effort, why should the fans. Kreider, Trochek, Pageau, Athanasou, If you get me guys like this, then at least we have a chance. Believe me, we are not getting the cakewalk to the Cup we got last year. And the team is not really much better. I admit i dont know much about Kase, But i dont think he is jamming on the boards with Tom Wilson come playoffs. Just saying.

Tazz

Oct 4, 2017

Hopefully they go just a tad further this year, say one more playoff win then last year. That would make me very happy.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I am not jumping from any ledge, But what i wont be doing is attending the 4 playoff games i attended last year including game one and Seven of the finals. Why waste the money. If the organization does not make the effort, why should the fans. Kreider, Trochek, Pageau, Athanasou, If you get me guys like this, then at least we have a chance. Believe me, we are not getting the cakewalk to the Cup we got last year. And the team is not really much better. I admit i dont know much about Kase, But i dont think he is jamming on the boards with Tom Wilson come playoffs. Just saying.
We're probably not getting the cake walk, you're right. I think Ritchie helps the top 9 against those playoff teams though, especially physically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad