Player Discussion Danton Heinen II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Oh! So.....

Quiet = Praise

Because that's what you did when he produced. You got really quiet.

Just told u I praised him on some games that I felt he played very well.
Just think why wouldn't I want this guy to be a 60pt guy or WTV.
I just don't think he has the overall skill at the NHl level.
Too many way too many games and I've watched him live too.....he just seems to not be part of the play and un noticeable.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
he just seems to not be part of the play and un noticeable.

I think this is the relevant part here- Heinen is the kind player who when he is on his game is not going to stand out and wow you. He is quiet, efficient, smart, and does the little things right. He is young so we expect some inconsistency, and some bad decision making as he learns the game at the NHL level, but he is going to have a long NHL career (barring injury) as a valuable contributor, whether that is as a top 6 guy or a third liner. If you are looking for Pasta-like sizzle with your steak, though, you will probably be disappointed in him.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Your love affair with Heinen is so blatant ..it is unbelievable.
You keep bringing back his stats
To hold on to something but totally letting aside that he's done squat from the latter part of the year.
And in the playoffs might have been the worse of the bunch.
What more do you need ?
Were you the one who gave him the edge over Debrusk or was it DKH.
Listen the guy is in a very low slump ..if u want to hang on his good start of last season and conveniently close your eyes after that ....face the reality cuz if he doesn't snap out of it soon ....the bruins mgmt not me will help you face reality

:laugh:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Buddy, I have already admitted that I do love Heinen’s game, guilty as charged. Tell everyone something they don’t know, like why you have such an agenda against him, and back it up with something other than generalities.

“In the playoffs, he might have been the worse of the bunch” (your spelling not mine)

Wow! Where else can you get in depth hockey analysis like that? Have you thought about charging for this stuff? People don’t know what they are missing out on.

I don’t think I’m wrong about Heinen, but if I am, I will admit it, just like I admit my bias.

What’s your excuse?

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Mention Barzal :laugh:

I still don't understand.. I didn't get on DS case on drafting Barzal ..point is he made a mistake so for this and other mistakes ...fire him.
My mistake so far and im surely not afraid to admit it was on Debrusk.. At the time they drafted senyshym and Jake .Zach seemed to be the more talented electrifying player with some mention of him being afranchise player. DS played a card there on a player who wasn't regarded to be drafted anywhere close to that slot. Zach has fair to say struggled
If he busts DS will be accountable
For drafting a player who wasn't worthy of that slot and he like other GMs will be questioned on why they passed on kid who looks like a star....Barzal

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
:laugh:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Buddy, I have already admitted that I do love Heinen’s game, guilty as charged. Tell everyone something they don’t know, like why you have such an agenda against him, and back it up with something other than generalities.

“In the playoffs, he might have been the worse of the bunch” (your spelling not mine)

Wow! Where else can you get in depth hockey analysis like that? Have you thought about charging for this stuff? People don’t know what they are missing out on.

I don’t think I’m wrong about Heinen, but if I am, I will admit it, just like I admit my bias.

What’s your excuse?

Once again .. you keep harping on the start of last season
The fact he has pretty much sucked the rest of the way and once again he stank in the playoffs(I need to decorate it for you) isn't clear enough?

I noticed when someone like yourself has a love affair with a player ...no matter what you say or better yet no matter how unproductive that said player plays.... your next option is to attempt in a feeble manner to attack personally..
Just remember with all those so called puck battles he wins and stuff ..he got benched in the playoffs and he's gotten benched already this year Al right not enough yet ..let's see what he does
And if he gets out of this slump and consistently gets 50 pts NVM 60..hes already passed that ship. I'll be the first to admit. But if he ends up on the third or fourth and struggling to produce and just be another ordinary Greg Campbell type...I'll be waiting on the your predictable sugar coating ways. Of course youngsters slump ..march went in one ..I think Keller ..most do but Danton doesn't have their skill level (you obviously don't see that) and I made it clear that I am concerned that he won't get out of this slump and continue on the pace he had in the first half of last season.
It's not about hate...keep telling you that .I just don't see the skill there even if he had a good first half approximately last season.

But why wait to admit? I already admitted he had a good first half last season?
Admit that he sucked in the playoffs.... ...you can't do it ..can you?.. now there lies the difference.

Reactions: Brent Hughes

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
You mentioned Barzal ...so yeah did want to explain..
P.s u removed ur like on one post...maybe u didn't like the other posts or maybe u want to conform
For others .this is the thing im talking about ..it's never personal for me no matter if share the same views or not as a poster ....if I like one of his posts ..I say it...
This is a forum ...stop making it personal.... What sensitivity

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
P.s u removed ur like on one post...maybe u didn't like the other posts or maybe u want to conform
For others .this is the thing im talking about ..it's never personal for me no matter if share the same views or not as a poster ....if I like one of his posts ..I say it...

Whyd you quote yourself?

Reactions: Sevendust

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Is this for me, or who? I didn't remove a like from one of your posts- I don't recall liking one in this thread.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Is this for me, or who? I didn't remove a like from one of your posts- I don't recall liking one in this thread.

Well the alerts must have been.wrong. clearly said Dr hook liked your post..I can copy and paste the post ..if you wish.
You can check with mod ..he must have a record of that ...but no matter ..don't really care..point was even if I totally disagree overall with a poster and then writes a post that I like ...I'll say it.
Because it's not personal for me unless the other poster makes it personal then all bets are off.some cannot help themselves..

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
You clicked your post with a quote and responded. Now the question is “why”

Where.. and I believe you.sometines I make that mistake especially when im posting from my Android. But why do you think I might have done that?
Something tells me im.going like this

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I think this is the relevant part here- Heinen is the kind player who when he is on his game is not going to stand out and wow you. He is quiet, efficient, smart, and does the little things right. He is young so we expect some inconsistency, and some bad decision making as he learns the game at the NHL level, but he is going to have a long NHL career (barring injury) as a valuable contributor, whether that is as a top 6 guy or a third liner. If you are looking for Pasta-like sizzle with your steak, though, you will probably be disappointed in him.

This is where he reminds me of PJ- like you said, he is quiet, efficient, smart & does the little things right. When he's playing his game you don't notice him, he just gets it done. Plus he's versatile which is something every NHL coach loves in a player- to borrow a tech term he is "plug in and play".

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Well the alerts must have been.wrong. clearly said Dr hook liked your post..I can copy and paste the post ..if you wish.
You can check with mod ..he must have a record of that ...but no matter ..don't really care..point was even if I totally disagree overall with a poster and then writes a post that I like ...I'll say it.
Because it's not personal for me unless the other poster makes it personal then all bets are off.some cannot help themselves..

Maybe I hit it while trying to reply? Not sure, whatever it was it was not intentional, and I don't recall doing it, but there was definitely no need to imply I was trying to "conform" as if that is super important on an internet hockey forum. I can assure you that nothing about this is personal to me. I think you are completely wrong about Danton Heinen, but I don't think you torture small animals or knock over old ladies on the sidewalk

Reactions: Marcobruin

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Nothing wrong if you or others
Feel I am completely wrong....I might be.. I do think we are all about to find out and I do believe
This season . Or it might spin into early next season . Hard to predict the exact time frame but im betting this season is significant one for Heinen and that includes the playoffs. Providing we make them and I think we should.

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
Nothing wrong if you or others
Feel I am completely wrong....I might be.. I do think we are all about to find out and I do believe
This season . Or it might spin into early next season . Hard to predict the exact time frame but im betting this season is significant one for Heinen and that includes the playoffs. Providing we make them and I think we should.

You’ve had a weird thing against Heinen as if you know something others don’t. You claiming a 4TH round pick isn’t going to be a good player before it happens wouldn’t make you some sort of genius hockey mind. Not every player is going to crack an NHL roster at 18/19 years old. You’ve been calling Heinen a bust because he was sent down to the AHL for a season. He had 47 pts last year when secondary scoring was still bad. The only notable NHL player in round 4 of Heinen’s draft was Viktor Arvidsson. If Heinen ONLY becomes a 3rd or 4th liner that’s going to be better then most in his draft year. And there’s multiple 1st rounders from that draft that haven’t done anything still. Don’t get why you’re jumping on Heinen so much when he’s proved to be a valuable player so far. There’s been a revolving door for lines 2-4. It’s also early in the season. Relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce