Player Discussion Danton Heinen II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
You’ve had a weird thing against Heinen as if you know something others don’t. You claiming a 4TH round pick isn’t going to be a good player before it happens wouldn’t make you some sort of genius hockey mind. Not every player is going to crack an NHL roster at 18/19 years old. You’ve been calling Heinen a bust because he was sent down to the AHL for a season. He had 47 pts last year when secondary scoring was still bad. The only notable NHL player in round 4 of Heinen’s draft was Viktor Arvidsson. If Heinen ONLY becomes a 3rd or 4th liner that’s going to be better then most in his draft year. And there’s multiple 1st rounders from that draft that haven’t done anything still. Don’t get why you’re jumping on Heinen so much when he’s proved to be a valuable player so far. There’s been a revolving door for lines 2-4. It’s also early in the season. Relax.

Sounds like you now know how outcome ..like I said we will soon find out.. not going even start with the excuses. I never felt he'd be a top 6 ..now it's oh even if he's a fourth liner that's good ..what happened to his comparisons to Debrusk..
I am relaxed in fact been walking my gorgeous husky all day enjoying the woods and outdoors.

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
Sounds like you now know how outcome ..like I said we will soon find out.. not going even start with the excuses. I never felt he'd be a top 6 ..now it's oh even if he's a fourth liner that's good ..what happened to his comparisons to Debrusk..
I am relaxed in fact been walking my gorgeous husky all day enjoying the woods and outdoors.

I don’t know the outcome. I’ve only stated he has POTENTIAL to be a solid top 6 and have always said players learning curve/development are always different. You’ve stated from the start you don’t think he’ll be any good just because he didn’t make the roster as a 20/21 year old rookie. But even with our arguments in the past I’ve stated if he’s ends up being just a 3rd or 4th liner that’s pretty good value for a 4th round pick. If he was a 1st round pick I’d be singing a different tune as there is higher expectation.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I don’t know the outcome. I’ve only stated he has POTENTIAL to be a solid top 6 and have always said players learning curve/development are always different. You’ve stated from the start you don’t think he’ll be any good just because he didn’t make the roster as a 20/21 year old rookie. But even with our arguments in the past I’ve stated if he’s ends up being just a 3rd or 4th liner that’s pretty good value for a 4th round pick. If he was a 1st round pick I’d be singing a different tune as there is higher expectation.

Fourth Rd pick or not the expectations were set out from the start not only by you. Maybe now you might be feeling say a little doubtful about him being a top 6.
If he turns out to be a low producing third or fourth liner..I'll be blunt could care less.. campbells' acciaris and tons of others are a dime a dozen. The reason why so much energy is spent on Heinen here in these forums because it's clear the expectations are as high if not higher then Debrusk. ...so let's stick to that tune because if he becomes anything less I for one really don't have much interest certainly not this much interest in talking about him
As you know good players on this roster were not number ones
Marchand, Bergeron, Chara, Krejci, .
Heinen was publicized as a top player drawing very high opinions and everyone knew that he was a fourth rder. So pls no excuse

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Fourth Rd pick or not the expectations were set out from the start not only by you. Maybe now you might be feeling say a little doubtful about him being a top 6.
If he turns out to be a low producing third or fourth liner..I'll be blunt could care less.. campbells' acciaris and tons of others are a dime a dozen. The reason why so much energy is spent on Heinen here in these forums because it's clear the expectations are as high if not higher then Debrusk. ...so let's stick to that tune because if he becomes anything less I for one really don't have much interest certainly not this much interest in talking about him
Heinen was publicized as a top player drawing very high opinions and everyone knew that he was a fourth rder. So pls no excuse

There's a large, large gap between being a third liner and being a dime a dozen guy like a Campbell or Acciari.

Am I right in understanding that you're saying that if he ends up being anything less than equal or better than Debrusk, that's not good enough for you?

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
There's a large, large gap between being a third liner and being a dime a dozen guy like a Campbell or Acciari.

Am I right in understanding that you're saying that if he ends up being anything less than equal or better than Debrusk, that's not good enough for you?

It's pretty clear that's what people here felt about him ...so why change ?
I sense a change in argument already but mine hasnt..Let's wait to see where he ends up and im quite certain this year we will have a good idea. But to answer your question which should be addressed to those who saw him as a top 6... The answer is yes however if he ends up on the third line and gets 25 pts to 30 consistently year in and year out..which I have my doubts but even at that ....that's no big deal nothing for me to get excited about especially that much more was expected..
We wouldn't be arguing to this degree if ppl here expected him to be low producing third or fourth liner... I mean really how much should we care about that.
The team needs to build on their one line scoring and Heinen has done nothing to remedy that so far. I really hope Bjork can..I do like some flashes I see from Bjork there's definitely skill there. Debrusk I think he will get going
I enjoy his enthusiasm as well
He has skillful fine tools that Heinen imo does not have

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
It's pretty clear that's what people here felt about him ...so why change ?
I sense a change in argument already but mine hasnt..Let's wait to see where he ends up and im quite certain this year we will have a good idea. But to answer your question which should be addressed to those who saw him as a top 6... The answer is yes however if he ends up on the third line and gets 25 pts to 30 consistently year in and year out..which I have my doubts but even at that ....that's no big deal nothing for me to get excited about especially that much more was expected..
We wouldn't be arguing to this degree if ppl here expected him to be low producing third or fourth liner... I mean really how much should we care about that.
The team needs to build on their one line scoring and Heinen has done nothing to remedy that so far. I really hope Bjork can..I do like some flashes I see from Bjork there's definitely skill there. Debrusk I think he will get going
I enjoy his enthusiasm as well
He has skillful fine tools that Heinen imo does not have

I don't know who all these people are who "expect" him to be better than Debrusk :dunno:

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I don't know who all these people are who "expect" him to be better than Debrusk :dunno:
There's a couple ...but on top of that most pegged him as a top 6 and you know it or as I said we wouldn't be arguing for a mere probable low producing third or fourth liner.... would we? I mean who cares really

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
There's a couple ...but on top of that most pegged him as a top 6 and you know it or as I said we wouldn't be arguing for a mere probable low producing third or fourth liner.... would we? I mean who cares really

Sure we would. There's been threads here arguing about all sorts of players. That's what we do.

I haven't seen this "most pegged him as a top 6" but I guess you can go ahead and keep telling me what I know.

And you keep going on about him being a probably low producing third or fourth liner. You know there's some room between being better than Debrusk and being on Acciari's level, right?

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Sure we would. There's been threads here arguing about all sorts of players. That's what we do.

I haven't seen this "most pegged him as a top 6" but I guess you can go ahead and keep telling me what I know.

And you keep going on about him being a probably low producing third or fourth liner. You know there's some room between being better than Debrusk and being on Acciari's level, right?

Some posters here gave the edge to Heinen..it might of been Glory DKH or Bruins fan 94
Many felt he would be a top 6
If the message here was clear that he can be a decent third liner
I'd let you guys on the board...not interested for me. At least not enough to engage in all of these conversations ...sorry no interest from me.Now if most here now feel he's more of a third liner getting say 25 pts ...then just say that the expectations have now changed and we will carry on from there
Heinen never had and never will have the tools Debrusk has...not even close. Yet some felt he could be a better player and that's ok
That's their take just don't get pompous about it and we'll be fine

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Some posters here gave the edge to Heinen..it might of been Glory DKH or Bruins fan 94
Many felt he would be a top 6
If the message here was clear that he can be a decent third liner
I'd let you guys on the board...not interested for me. At least not enough to engage in all of these conversations ...sorry no interest from me.Now if most here now feel he's more of a third liner getting say 25 pts ...then just say that the expectations have now changed and we will carry on from there
Heinen never had and never will have the tools Debrusk has...not even close. Yet some felt he could be a better player and that's ok
That's their take just don't get pompous about it and we'll be fine

What if he's a third liner getting 45 points?

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
What if he's a third liner getting 45 points?

Not bad ..but I did expect 60 pts and others did too..do u deny this?
But 45 is ok....I can go with that in fact if he can score say 20 and 25 assists BUT CONSISTENTLY not just one out of 5 years........I'd be content with that actually quite content

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Not bad ..but I did expect 60 pts and others did too..do u deny this?
But 45 is ok....I can go with that in fact if he can score say 20 and 25 assists BUT CONSISTENTLY not just one out of 5 years........I'd be content with that actually quite content

There's a difference between expecting 60 points and thinking that he is capable of putting up 60 points

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
There's a difference between expecting 60 points and thinking that he is capable of putting up 60 points

If you're expecting it simply means you feel he's capable
Do you think he's a 60 PT guy or more precisely ..did you ever think he could be a 60 pt guy?

Last edited:

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I absolutely think he can be a 60 point guy

Ok..... For the record I don't ..and I don't mean he somehow hits 60 one season and never comes close to that again .. consistently is what I look for.
I don't think he's capable because as I said his skating is poor .he seems to not be capable to adapt to fast NHl tempo.. hard very hard to rectify this . He does seem to have a good accurate shot from and close to the slot area. I say seem because I have not seen it enough.
Quite often players who have a hard time playing end to end and following the play very well
Usually stick to the backer end and realize that staying back is their best bet. I think if Heinen was faster ..it would be a significant step up for him

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands

I’m pointing out how quick you are to say someone is bad. You said Heinen wouldn’t make it. Heinen’s first full NHL season last year was productive. FIRST full season. Not every draft pick is going to be a home run. He still has top 6 potential. He’s still young. And this will be his second full season where the middle 6 of the lineup hasn’t been great. We will see what happens. He may slump this year. He may become one of our better players. No excuses. Just don’t agree with you in regards to a players early career.

Reactions: Pia8988

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Again if he can score 20 and 20 assists as a third liner ...I'd be really happy with that.
FYI .as we speak he's on Pace for less then 12'pts..

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I’m pointing out how quick you are to say someone is bad. You said Heinen wouldn’t make it. Heinen’s first full NHL season last year was productive. FIRST full season. Not every draft pick is going to be a home run. He still has top 6 potential. He’s still young. And this will be his second full season where the middle 6 of the lineup hasn’t been great. We will see what happens. He may slump this year. He may become one of our better players. No excuses. Just don’t agree with you in regards to a players early career.

Ok..I might have been premature of me. But didn't most of say Charlie' would be a star after a few playoff games vs Ottawa.?
So if we can say it one way why can't we do it the other way..
Keep in mind I did some reading on him too . I also read from posters not here who saw him play very often ...this poster lives in Colorado. He actually praised him
Not his skating though but now feels he's become a concern and his slump has been quite long..He too looks forward to watching Bjork more then Danton at this point

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I’ve liked what I have seen out of Heinen, although I remember feeling the same way at the beginning of last year before I thought he tailed off.

We will see if he can keep it up, but my hopes are pretty high after witnessing him pretty much being the once noticeable piece on his line.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
7 he's been benched for two..
Is it useless speaking about Matthews torrid start?

It's useless to say Matthews is on pace for 102 goals this year because we know that's not going to happen. You can say he's off to an absurdly hot start, just like you can say that Heinen has not produced so far this year. But to talk about the pace after such a small sample size is silly

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
It's useless to say Matthews is on pace for 102 goals this year because we know that's not going to happen. You can say he's off to an absurdly hot start, just like you can say that Heinen has not produced so far this year. But to talk about the pace after such a small sample size is silly

Agreed..it isn't a large sample size but what you might be avoiding here ..is that it's not only 7 games
It's last year's playoffs..it's 2nd half season of last season... Aren't u a little concerned .We are talking
What 60 games or so?
Is this still a low sample set?

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
Ok..I might have been premature of me. But didn't most of say Charlie' would be a star after a few playoff games vs Ottawa.?
So if we can say it one way why can't we do it the other way..
Keep in mind I did some reading on him too . I also read from posters not here who saw him play very often ...this poster lives in Colorado. He actually praised him
Not his skating though but now feels he's become a concern and his slump has been quite long..He too looks forward to watching Bjork more then Danton at this point

Because we’re not talking about Charlie lol. It’s honestly too early to say Heinen is slumping when 2nd/3rd lines have been bad and inconsistent in general so far. It’s not all on Heinen.

I too look forward to see how Bjork plays more aswell. He’s got the wheels and skill. Just needs line chemistry.

Reactions: Marcobruin

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Agreed..it isn't a large sample size but what you might be avoiding here ..is that it's not only 7 games
It's last year's playoffs..it's 2nd half season of last season... Aren't u a little concerned .We are talking
What 60 games or so?
Is this still a low sample set?

1. No I'm not concerned yet.

2. I don't know where you got 60 games from. If we're only going back to where his production dipped last year, it's closer to about 45 games played. About the same as his period of excellent production. But this year is separate from last year so I don't look at this current lack of production as a continuation of last year's slump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad