Player Discussion Danton Heinen II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
He looked better last game than have seen in awhile,now he needs to start producing again like he did the first half of last season,

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I prefer when they rhyme and don't come across as wanting a player to fail just so they can be right. Honestly ****ed up to want that, if you ask me.

But what do I know
You don't like Heinen, it is so
I can't wait for him to make you eat more crow

Once again this shouldn't be a battle of one bruin fan vs another.
You are content with game ...that's your choice it doesn't have to be mine.
As far as eating crow , I sure hope you're right because this is the determinant year for him.
If Danton somehow improves his skating cuz he is slow and improves his game then im sure you will feed the crow which would be some of the best crow I can eat but if he doesn't I may decide to gloat only because some posters can't seem to not make it personal...they just have to stray away from the subject and make it personal and the temptation becomes too hard to control.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
As far as eating crow , I sure hope you're right because this is the determinant year for him.
If Danton somehow improves his skating cuz he is slow and improves his game then im sure you will feed the crow which would be some of the best crow I can eat but if he doesn't I may decide to gloat only because some posters can't seem to not make it personal...they just have to stray away from the subject and make it personal and the temptation becomes too hard to control.

This is the determinant year for him? What the f*** kind of logic is that? So you're deciding his 2nd season in the NHL, a year plenty of young players seem to struggle during, is his crucial season? f*** out of here with that nonsense. Is this DeBrusk's determinant year as well? How about Charlie's?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
This is the determinant year for him? What the **** kind of logic is that? So you're deciding his 2nd season in the NHL, a year plenty of young players seem to struggle during, is his crucial season? **** out of here with that nonsense. Is this DeBrusk's determinant year as well? How about Charlie's?

Well, Pasta was pretty hit and miss in his second year, and we know he turned out like crap, so maybe he has a point here . . .

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Weren't you saying last season was Heinen's final shot too?

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
This is the determinant year for him? What the **** kind of logic is that? So you're deciding his 2nd season in the NHL, a year plenty of young players seem to struggle during, is his crucial season? **** out of here with that nonsense. Is this DeBrusk's determinant year as well? How about Charlie's?

Is that hard for you to understand?
You think Heinen is remotely close to being in either Debrusk"s or Charlie' situation?
Danton is in a huge slump..he's already been benched. His woes go back from last year and into the playoffs and continuing in this year as well.
Don't compare him to those guys ...he is in a entirely different situation and if he keeps slumping
Throughout this year you're going to find out how significant this year is for him ..
The Calder candidate talk last season was short lived wasnt it?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Is that hard for you to understand?
You think Heinen is remotely close to being in either Debrusk"s or Charlie' situation?
Danton is in a huge slump..he's already been benched. His woes go back from last year and into the playoffs and continuing in this year as well.
Don't compare him to those guys ...he is in a entirely different situation and if he keeps slumping
Throughout this year you're going to find out how significant this year is for him ..
The Calder candidate talk last season was short lived wasnt it?

Lol... It's hard for me to understand because your logic on it is so flawed and clouded by your hate for the player. Heinen outproduced DeBrusk last season? Heinen is in his 2nd year just like DeBrusk. So because Heinen is in a slump, that makes it his determinant year, but those guys get a pass? Give me a break, dude.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Heinen did play really well in Edmonton- exactly what the coaches were hoping for from him after his benching. I think we are seeing what is to be expected from a team with a lot of young players. Heinen is in his 3rd year pro, McAvoy, Carlo, JDB, Donato, Bjork, Kuraly, Acciari- they are all still young and pretty green in some ways. Ups and downs are to be expected. I think they will be okay. It took Pasta a couple of seasons+ to find his groove.

This is basically how I feel about Heinen right now. I'm not panicking over it at all. I'm just not going to make any assumptions if I can help it.

He's new. He's gonna struggle. Hopefully that's all it'll be, and he'll turn the corner real quick. I WANT this guy on the team and I want him to succeed, just like Debrusk. He's shown real ability to handle all three areas of the ice; that's not always common with new young players in this NHL.

At this point, to worry about whether he'll be the new Peverley, or the new Kelly, or a new Krejci in terms of top 6 scoring potential, it's all a bit in flux right now. Let's just hope he continues to develop well.

I know this team needs some real depth scoring, but I think last year kinda made us forget that we all were expecting a LOT of struggles with a significant injection of youth into the lineup.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I know this team needs some real depth scoring, but I think last year kinda made us forget that we all were expecting a LOT of struggles with a significant injection of youth into the lineup.

You know that's right! After that beating by Washington I was thinking back to last summer/pre-season and remembering how I was expecting maybe a playoff team, maybe not, with a lot of young guys and inconsistent performances. They did way better than I thought they would, but the reality is still there and it shouldn't be shocking or angering, or time to call out the "busts" because we get some ups and downs with the young players.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Heinen did play really well in Edmonton- exactly what the coaches were hoping for from him after his benching. I think we are seeing what is to be expected from a team with a lot of young players. Heinen is in his 3rd year pro, McAvoy, Carlo, JDB, Donato, Bjork, Kuraly, Acciari- they are all still young and pretty green in some ways. Ups and downs are to be expected. I think they will be okay. It took Pasta a couple of seasons+ to find his groove.

Yes. His response was great, Hopefully he keeps it rolling. The one thing with Heinen. Is he has a high hockey IQ and if he isn' clicking offensively he has the ability to always impact the game because of his awareness defensively.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Oh ok...so why isn't he playing regularly on the second line..like Debrusk? Why haven't his glorious first season of last year not lead him to the first line while you're at it. Because he is sucking now and has been sucking for a long while..u get it and i.unlike you has nothing to do with love or hate .
Now you're comparing Heinen vs Debrusk..
Go ahead switch them on the lines or better yet because of his first half totals and his stinky yes stinky playoffs ..bench Debrusk...why not ..he is so superior it seems in your eyes.
It's not about hate bruins fan not at all . I haven't seen it him to be able not only to get out of the slump more importantly be a consistent point producer the way he was tagged by many here on these boards.

You don't like Danton Heinen and it's okay. Just stop wishing for him to fail so you can be right. It's just stupid. DeBrusk had times last season, like Heinen, where he wasn't good. He was benched for games. He was a little more consistent than Heinen over the course of the season. That's the difference.

But you focus on Heinen this season and his lack of production. Is DeBrusk's one more point that much of a difference?

Reactions: Chief Nine

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Nah man you're expectations were well spoken ..you're expecting a top 6 producing player now you seem to be accepting him to be a third or fourth (a dime a dozen) nhler.. seems like youve lost faith too

My expectations haven't changed, but thank you for trying to tell me they have.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
No, I was right. You've been pretty much anti-Heinen from day one with hyperbole and worse.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/128220483/
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/134187967/

That was in Feb 2017 .I said one more chance didn't say that season. Here you can use this post. Now for future reference.
If he doesn't get out of this slump
This year he will be an irregular fourth liner maybe third (depending on injuries) or might very well be sent down. He won't be able to keep slumping like this and be a bona fide regular nhler..
Debrusk yes I wasnt expecting much at that point in time but he sure has impressed me and he was excellent in the playoffs.
Danton has been compared to Debrusk here (look for those posts too) even saying Danton has the edge. Well Danton imo is no where close to Debrusk. Jake is a fine skater with a very good scoring touch around the net with a decent shot.. im not saying he will be a superstar but his knack of slipping through the D should get him 20-25 goals per year .....I think

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
It sure seems like you really don't like him for whatever reason. You were calling last year his last chance after 8 games...

Then you went quiet about him while he was producing and pounced again once he struggled

That's not actually true ..some games where he played very well
I praised him....that's how it is
You do well you get praisef
You do not good..well you get demoted or fired
That's life for almost everyone

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
That was in Feb 2017 .I said one more chance didn't say that season. Here you can use this post. Now for future reference.
If he doesn't get out of this slump
This year he will be an irregular fourth liner maybe third (depending on injuries) or might very well be sent down. He won't be able to keep slumping like this and be a bona fide regular nhler..
Debrusk yes I wasnt expecting much at that point in time but he sure has impressed me and he was excellent in the playoffs.
Danton has been compared to Debrusk here (look for those posts too) even saying Danton has the edge. Well Danton imo is no where close to Debrusk. Jake is a fine skater with a very good scoring touch around the net with a decent shot.. im not saying he will be a superstar but his knack of slipping through the D should get him 20-25 goals per year .....I think

You can twist it however you please, but you're words speak for themselves.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
We got us another frothing at the fingertips hot takez kinda guy.

Awesome

Although it didn’t end well for the last one...

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
That's not actually true ..some games where he played very well
I praised him....that's how it is
You do well you get praisef
You do not good..well you get demoted or fired
That's life for almost everyone

Oh! So.....

Quiet = Praise

Because that's what you did when he produced. You got really quiet.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
You can twist it however you please, but you're words speak for themselves.

Yes they do ..so how about DS
Was he right in signing Beleskey
Backes for what he gave him
Hayes?
Not drafting Barzal..I could go on
Fire him!!
Btw I was against those signings of Bel and backes.....twist it there?
Or my immediate discontentment in acquiring Nash? Where is he now anyway? Twist it there too
I already stated that Debrusk has been much more impressive that I felt he'd be..
Again Pia I might also be wrong on Danton but I don't think so.
Debrusk is a better skater then I thought he was based on some reports had read. Hey look you never know Jake is still very young and his future isn't etched in stone but overall im enjoying what I see from Jake and I also like some spurts Ive Seen from Bjork.
To be honest I watch more for Bjork then I do Heinen. Not because I hate him because he just doesn't excite me very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad