Confirmed with Link: Danton Heinen | 1 year $1.1m

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
In 17 and 18 he averaged 40 points a year. Fell off the last couple of years but maybe wasn't a fit in Ana.. Good low risk he might still be a 40 pt player, he's only 26

Reactions: TooManyHumans

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
From 2020:

He actually has a somewhat similar analytics profile to McCann. Strong defensive player that's good on the powerplay with a good shot.

...that makes me want Nick Ritchie...

Good video. I see a lot of goals from right in front of the net. You don't have to be a bulldozer, you just have to be willing to play there.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
Zucker - Carter - Kapanen
McGinn - Blueger - ZAR
Hallander - Rodrigues - Heinen

to start IMO.

I also wonder if we move out Zucker now for something TBH. Lots of LW depth.

I'd like to see that Zucker, Carter and Kappy line stay together and drop Rust back with Geno.

Guentzel, Crosby, Simon/E-Rod
McGinn, Malkin, Rust
Zucker, Carter, Kapanen
Heinen, TB, Angello

Getting that 3rd line going could soften up teams for the top two lines.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
Zucker - Carter - Kapanen
McGinn - Blueger - ZAR
Hallander - Rodrigues - Heinen

to start IMO.

I also wonder if we move out Zucker now for something TBH. Lots of LW depth.
At some point you can’t keep downgrading production. I’d be nervous with the return or what we would do with more cap. We’d soon have 20 fourth line forwards signed.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Every time I read his name I think of Mike Danton, who would've been a questionable pickup at best.

Well, still better than Georges Danton.

8408763bffebd0493a1a02dee46152f4.jpg

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
On paper this seems a nice smart move.

I'd like to see that Zucker, Carter and Kappy line stay together and drop Rust back with Geno.

McGinn, Malkin, Rust
Zucker, Carter, Kapanen
Heinen, TB, Angello

I am quietly hopeful that McGinn, based on some of the stuff said, might be an option in that role and one that can split Zucker and Malkin, as seemingly intended by the hockey powers that be.

Hoping Simon/ERod can step up with Crosby is a step too far for me, that'd need a real right winger brought in.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

McGinn, Malkin, Rust
Zucker, Carter, Kapanen
Heinen, TB, Angello

Any lineup that has Simon or E-Rod on the top line is one that makes me want to rage quit hockey. Sid's at an age now where we can't keep putting fringe NHLers on his line and expecting that line to still produce like a top line.

Even if one wants to drop Rust to Malkin's line, there are options still available (Zucker on his off-wing, Kapanen, Carter at RW) that make heaps more sense than two guys who are 12/13 forwards on most NHL teams.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
We're really doing a bang-up job addressing the shortcomings of size, skill, and physical play we showed last year.

If there are any more soft wingers around 6 foot that aren't particularly good at anything out there, you know we'll be sniffing around. It'll save opposition teams some dry cleaning bills anyway.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
On paper this seems a nice smart move.

I am quietly hopeful that McGinn, based on some of the stuff said, might be an option in that role and one that can split Zucker and Malkin, as seemingly intended by the hockey powers that be.

Hoping Simon/ERod can step up with Crosby is a step too far for me, that'd need a real right winger brought in.

I think what is imperative is to play the 3rd line more and keep the minutes to 18 minutes for all three lines considering the elder statesmen on each line. I trust each of the top 3 lines to always have two of the three going at any given point. That's the kind of depth this team needs. I'm with you on Simon/E-Rod with Sid. We all know it's a possibility. Maybe one of McGinn or Heinen can slide up in that RW position.

This team can always use an upgrade.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
We're really doing a bang-up job addressing the shortcomings of size, skill, and physical play we showed last year.

If there are any more soft wingers around 6 foot that aren't particularly good at anything out there, you know we'll be sniffing around. It'll save opposition teams some dry cleaning bills anyway.

I know it's early, but McGinn's the only signing so far that's even remotely going in the direction I was hoping they'd go. The other signings have been more of the same that we've had the past 3 years that have resulted in a vanilla, soft team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00