Confirmed with Link: Danton Heinen | 1 year $1.1m

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Oh damn this is something I legitimately didn't expect. I'm happy with this signing.

Heinen's a good two-way player that absolutely farmed powerplay points for Boston once upon a time. I imagine he's just being brought in because of Malkin's injury status, but he could definitely provide to be a solid 3rd line piece for the team.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Hard to get excited for. Better than nothing though. Maybe he finds a fit somewhere in the lineup and adds some offensive touch?

Is that hit fully buriable if he blows?

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Oh damn this is something I legitimately didn't expect. I'm happy with this signing.

Heinen's a good two-way player that absolutely farmed powerplay points for Boston once upon a time. I imagine he's just being brought in because of Malkin's injury status, but he could definitely provide to be a solid 3rd line piece for the team.

He reminds me of Bonino.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
It is a fine signing for depth purposes, but adding a player to the bottom-six that prefers staying outside of the perimeter of a crease is less than ideal. This team needs some more grit.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The theme with these signings is these players are versatile and relatively cheap. Which kinda describes the Carter acquisition too.

Don’t know what role he played in Boston to produce like that but for even a small chance he can get back to that it’s worth it. If he doesn’t he’s still fairly paid and useful.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Most recent JFresh chart. 25% percentile would have him as around a 3rd liner, and I think that's a fair assessment.

Something I find really interesting is that he was a great powerplay player for Boston, but didn't get any PK time with Boston, while he was a great PKer for Anaheim, while he didn't get any PP time with Anaheim. Kinda odd usage there.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Honestly don't know much about him. Sort of remember him from his Boston days.

Looking over his statline though... he uh... SURE seemed to peak early.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Most recent JFresh chart. 25% percentile would have him as around a 3rd liner, and I think that's a fair assessment.

Something I find really interesting is that he was a great powerplay player for Boston, but didn't get any PK time with Boston, while he was a great PKer for Anaheim, while he didn't get any PP time with Anaheim. Kinda odd usage there.

He was really only good on the PP for Boston in 17-18, where he was putting up an unsustainable 2nd assist rate on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->