Confirmed with Link: Danton Heinen | 1 year $1.1m

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
His analytics on the chart McCurdy posted in 2020 show that he was absolute lethal at generating high danger chances on the PP.

On top of his... odd... season in Boston he put up some pretty damned good numbers in NCAA (Denver) and led his team in scoring both seasons he played so that's at least a little fascinating.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
On top of his... odd... season in Boston he put up some pretty damned good numbers in NCAA (Denver) and led his team in scoring both seasons he played so that's at least a little fascinating.

I think the best way to describe him is call him a McCann-lite type of player that could bounce back into being a McCann type of player. He was a Jared McCann caliber player when he played in Boston.

Kinda jack of all trades type that can be used in a variety of roles. He's a guy that probably slides in with Carter and either McGinn or Rodrigues when healthy.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
He seems vanilla. Nice to have as versatile depth up and down the lineup but I’ll be pretty surprised if he becomes a permanent fixture on a well functioning, successful line.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I think the best way to describe him is call him a McCann-lite type of player that could bounce back into being a McCann type of player. He was a Jared McCann caliber player when he played in Boston.

Kinda jack of all trades type that can be used in a variety of roles. He's a guy that probably slides in with Carter and either McGinn or Rodrigues when healthy.

He doesn't have McCann's shot.

He's more like a Simon, imo. Better of course, good passsr, responsible defensively, soft.

Reactions: StaalForOne

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I think he is closer to a Janko hope and a prayer than McCann. Which is fine. We should be taking these risks.

Easily buried or traded if we make a bigger move.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He doesn't have McCann's shot.

He's more like a Simon, imo. Better of course, good passsr, responsible defensively, soft.

Yeah I didn't mean exactly like McCann, just meant the general framework of "jack of all trades 3rd liner". I think Simon is a good player type comparison for him, he's a bottom-6 version of Simon that could bounce back into a decent middle-6 version of him.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Yeah I didn't mean exactly like McCann, just meant the general framework of "jack of all trades 3rd liner". I think Simon is a good player type comparison for him, he's a 3rd line version of Simon that could bounce back into a decent middle-6 version of him.

Iirc, he can play both wings aswell.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Apparently he is definitely a winger. Goodbye ZAR? Unless they want a ZAR-Blueger-Heinen line that is extremely vanilla and also just doesn’t really get scored on.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Looks like a guy who scores 10 ES goals, so maybe he's the Zucker replacement. He doesn't seem to PK, so not sure what's going on with that. All these deals are fine in a vacuum, but I'm not seeing much sandpaper being added.

It actually seems like we've gotten softer since the season ended, and that's a real accomplishment considering.

Reactions: SirBrad

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He seems vanilla. Nice to have as versatile depth up and down the lineup but I’ll be pretty surprised if he becomes a permanent fixture on a well functioning, successful line.

Honestly from the sounds of it, he seems like an almost perfect fit for Carter, no?

A playmaking winger that has the defensive game to play tough matchups? That sounds like pretty much exactly what a winger for Carter should be. A McGinn-Carter-Heinen 3rd line looks really damn good to me, both as a line that can play tough minutes and also chip in some offense.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
A playmaking winger that has the defensive game to play tough matchups? That sounds like pretty much exactly what a winger for Carter should be. A McGinn-Carter-Heinen 3rd line looks really damn good to me, both as a line that can play tough minutes and also chip in some offense.

We’ll see. I don’t mind it. It’s just like signing Jankowski or E-Rod last year imo. Maybe it’ll play, maybe it won’t. Zero risk.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Apparently he is definitely a winger. Goodbye ZAR? Unless they want a ZAR-Blueger-Heinen line that is extremely vanilla and also just doesn’t really get scored on.

I think the lineup right now is:

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Zucker-Malkin-Kapanen
McGinn-Carter-Heinen
ZAR-Blueger-Rodrigues

Which really doesn't look bad to me.

Reactions: StaalForOne

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Can't remember if I threw this out, but Heinen is also a RFA after next year. He's 4 days away from being a UFA, but he turns 27 on July 5th next year. That means if he's good, the Penguins would be able to have some control to retain him if they decide to do that.

Then again, they also had that with Jankowski and then shot him into the sun halfway through the year :laugh:

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2