Danrik's Fantasy Draft Selections Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Draiman

Sometimes these drafts move at a nice pace, sometimes they slow down. Sure, I'll consider ways to speed it up if necessary but at this point, let's remember that it is the holidays and people are busier than usual. This is a FUN draft that is not for a league, so really there's no rush. Sure, I want to get it done asap too, but I don't really think it's fair to change the system just yet.

David Draiman

thecanucker said:
maybe an assitant gm then?

PM the Leafs GM (Shoalzie), I think he was willing to give them up earlier in the draft. Even if he isn't, he has three teams and you have none. He might as well give you one of 'em and the Leafs make the most sense.

Good luck, Agent 007.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Danrik V.2 said:
PM the Leafs GM (Shoalzie), I think he was willing to give them up earlier in the draft. Even if he isn't, he has three teams and you have none. He might as well give you one of 'em and the Leafs make the most sense.

Good luck, Agent 007.

I'm not so hot about giving up the Leafs after my first two picks...I'm happy with getting Hejduk and Niedermayer in the first two rounds. I say wait for guy to drop out. It's rare that a draft keeps the same group of GMs throughout. Someone will flake eventually...it happens.

David Draiman

thecanucker is the new GM of the Carolina Hurricanes. Former GM Jon Burke was fired by the team owner because he is German. The racist bastards! ;)

thecanucker

Jan 25, 2003
Kootenys
Visit site
Danrik V.2 said:
thecanucker is the new GM of the Carolina Hurricanes. Former GM Jon Burke was fired by the team owner because he is German. The racist bastards! ;)
lol, thanks Danrik V.2. The Carolina Hurricanes would like to change there pick of Frolov to Chris Pronger! The Hurricanes are currently trying to trade Morrison for a goalie or a draft pick.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
thecanucker said:
lol, thanks Danrik V.2. The Carolina Hurricanes would like to change there pick of Frolov to Chris Pronger! The Hurricanes are currently trying to trade Morrison for a goalie or a draft pick.
I don't want to sound like a ******, but you shouldn't be allowed to change your pick, its an unfair advantage, seeing who has been taken.

Zetterberg4Captain*

I also think it is unfair that he got to change his pick. He should be made to change it back to Frolov!

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
ofhdhdy said:
I also think it is unfair that he got to change his pick. He should be made to change it back to Frolov!

i totally agree. i have never seen this done and it should not be done. he should go with what he has and trade away if he wants...

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
thecanucker said:
hey, i asked Danrik if i could before i changed it. Does it make that big of difference?
I just think you should have to have the team that is there when you take over. What if some people wanted Frolov, after Danrik picked? It just isn't completely fair to the entire draft.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
thecanucker said:
Yeah i see ur point.
I'm not trying to be annoying or anything. And if you want do get rid of Frolov, you can trade him, I'm sure there are people interested. It just makes thing run easier. :)

David Draiman

Great, HF isn't working the greatest right now, so I just lost a post I did and it was fairly long (for a fantasy draft anyways).

Basically what I have to say is this. I can see that both sides have a point here. Yes, I told thecanucker that he could repick. I don't see why not, considering he came in late. It's not like he's trying to change his first round pick. His third round pick was just recently made, and I think he should be allowed to run his team as he sees fit. This is a FUN draft, not a league. I'm by no means trying to belittle anyone's views, I'm just saying that thecanucker is certainly not to blame here. He had my blessing, so he did it.

But I can also see that some of you probably thought very highly of Mr. Frolov and would've PERHAPS taken him in the draft had the pick always been Pronger. It's a very valid point. But it doesn't change that I let him repick. So basically I think the only truly fair thing to do is roll back all the picks from where thecanucker picked Pronger and go from there. Do I want to do that? No. But if I have to, I will. But I'm sorry, it's the best and most fair thing I can do.

Think about it, and let me know what you think.

wolfen

Jan 26, 2003
seattle
Visit site
I think rolling back the draft is maybe the best idea.

it should only take a day or two. Of course, if none of the 3 or 4 people who missed out on frolov would have taken him given the chance, then there's no need to bother. If there's a way to ask them that's quicker than re-drafting would be, that'd be ideal...

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Next time, please send me a PM that its my turn.

The St.Louis Blues are proud to select Adrian Aucoin ($ 3,250,000).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad