Danrik's Fantasy Draft Selections Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Draiman

The Carolina Hurricanes are pleased to select center Brendan Morrison. Being a Canuck fan, I've seen him play a lot over the years, and he has matured into a very good two-way player with good leadership abilities. He works his butt off and is a great playmaker and a capable scorer. He'll complement Heatley very nicely, and Heatley with his size will help mask "Mo's" lack of size.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Danrik V.2 said:
The Carolina Hurricanes are pleased to select center Brendan Morrison. Being a Canuck fan, I've seen him play a lot over the years, and he has matured into a very good two-way player with good leadership abilities. He works his butt off and is a great playmaker and a capable scorer. He'll complement Heatley very nicely, and Heatley with his size will help mask "Mo's" lack of size.
Damn, He was my next pick. AHHH all my picks are getting taken.

David Draiman

jtuzzi21 said:
Damn, He was my next pick. AHHH all my picks are getting taken.

I was thinking of taking someone else, but I figured Morrison was too good to pass over. Pretty decent salary too.

Figures, PensFan finds and picks the goalie I overlook :banghead: My way of saying nice pick I guess :thumbu:

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
I gave monster_bertuzzi a little extra time, but since the next guy is around as well...

With the 64th overall selection, Columbus is pleased to select forward Henrik Zetterberg. "We feel Henrik is really ready to break out this year, like Datsyuk did last year," Columbus GM ORBluesFan said. "Not sure where we will play him since he plays all the forward positions well, but will put him at left wing for now."

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Maybe if someone in the draft could do a list of players taken by position, that seems to help in past drafts I've been in. If not then thats alright too.

David Draiman

jtuzzi21 said:
Maybe if someone in the draft could do a list of players taken by position, that seems to help in past drafts I've been in. If not then thats alright too.

Well assuming I update the draft list fairly frequently and spell everything right and what not, it shouldn't be a huge issue. Just make sure that if a guy seems to good to be true (i.e. Mogilny still available in the 18th round) try the ctrl-F again, because it probably just somehow didn't work. Doing it multiple times should ensure that you aren't picking players who are already taken. Mind you, sometimes it fails, but it should generally work this time around.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Danrik V.2 said:
Well assuming I update the draft list fairly frequently and spell everything right and what not, it shouldn't be a huge issue. Just make sure that if a guy seems to good to be true (i.e. Mogilny still available in the 18th round) try the ctrl-F again, because it probably just somehow didn't work. Doing it multiple times should ensure that you aren't picking players who are already taken. Mind you, sometimes it fails, but it should generally work this time around.
OK, never knew that, thanks.

David Draiman

You're telling me that a draft guru like yourself didn't know about the trusty ctrl-F function? That's my best friend in all these leagues and drafts! :)

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Danrik V.2 said:
You're telling me that a draft guru like yourself didn't know about the trusty ctrl-F function? That's my best friend in all these leagues and drafts! :)
hehe :)

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
With the 67th overall selection obtained from Florida, Columbus is pleased to select center Evgeny Malkin. "Everything we've seen and heard about this guy spells future franchise center," Columbus GM ORBluesFan said. "We feel he's a real steal at this stage of the draft and will combine with Spezza for a great 1-2 center set."

David Draiman

The Carolina Hurricanes are pleased to select left winger Alexander Frolov, due in large part to his salary, size, upside and amazing skills. He'll nicely complement Morrison and Heatley.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
With the 69th pick, the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim select C Olli Jokinen ($2,000,000).

With the 70th pick, the Atlanta Thrashers select D Bryan McCabe ($3,500,000).

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Comon people, speed this thing up. The early rounds should go quicker than this. Save the slow stuff for the later rounds. :)

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
The Buffalo Sabres with their 73rd pick are happy to pick Vincent Lecavalier ($ 2,625,000). I just read the rules and learned we have a 50m cap for 20 players. I thought it was a 30 million cap. And we draft 20 players or 30? Cause saying draft 30 (but atleast 20) means some guys could just draft 23 and soem could 30 which creates imparity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad