Danrik's Fantasy Draft Selections Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Draiman

I guess I'll go ahead and post a deal that ORBluesfan and I completed just moments ago. Yes, the first deal of our draft just occurred. Yay! Can I get a drumroll?

Anyways, here's the deal:

To Florida: Martin Brodeur (G), 9th round pick, 10th round pick
To Columbus: 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick, 7th round pick

I'll get ORBluesfan to confirm.

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
Danrik V.2 said:
I guess I'll go ahead and post a deal that ORBluesfan and I completed just moments ago. Yes, the first deal of our draft just occurred. Yay! Can I get a drumroll?

Anyways, here's the deal:

To Florida: Martin Brodeur (G), 9th round pick, 10th round pick
To Columbus: 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick, 7th round pick

I'll get ORBluesfan to confirm.

Columbus confirms the deal. While having Brodeur was a decent start, we felt that picking up 2 extra picks in the first 67 would really help build up a good depth. And dumping a 6+ mil salary didn't hurt at the same time.

UltimoRoger

Nov 2, 2004
Again, sorry for taking so long. For the next week and a half, I can only check the board once a day. In January, I'll be able to keep up.

Anyways, I pick Simon Gagne

David Draiman

Just a FYI thing, I possibly won't be online tomorrow and definitely won't be online on Christmas, so this thread will not be kept super up to date and what not. If we get to me in the draft order, just skip me over to keep things moving. I'm fine with that. But I don't suspect many of you will be on here on Christmas either, so let's be rather lax with the 12 hour thing as a Christmas present to those on the clock, 'kay? :)

BTW, Merry Christmas. Hope it's a good one.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
With the 51st pick, the Atlanta Thrashers select G Tomas Vokoun ($1,200,000).

With the 52nd pick, the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim select RW Jeff O'Neill ($3,700,000).

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
Since Danrik said to skip him since he won't be around for a while:

With the 54th overall pick acquired from Florida, Columbus is pleased to select center Jason Spezza. "We feel Jason is really ready to step it up to the big time," Columbus GM ORBluesFan said. "Not only that, but he's cheap too at $565,000. A good acquisition to start us strong up the middle."

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Shoalzie said:
With the 51st pick, the Atlanta Thrashers select G Tomas Vokoun ($1,200,000).

With the 52nd pick, the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim select RW Jeff O'Neill ($3,700,000).
Nice pick. I was gonna take Vokoun.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
ORBluesFan said:
Since Danrik said to skip him since he won't be around for a while:

With the 54th overall pick acquired from Florida, Columbus is pleased to select center Jason Spezza. "We feel Jason is really ready to step it up to the big time," Columbus GM ORBluesFan said. "Not only that, but he's cheap too at $565,000. A good acquisition to start us strong up the middle."

Good pick.I was looking at him or Alfredsson. I was hoping he might of slipped through. His ice time and production will be going up. We'll see why he he was picked 2nd overall. Muckler will put a bug in his coaches ear to give him more ice time.

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
Cursing missing out on Dipietro by one pick:

With the 57th overall pick, Columbus is pleased to select LW Ladislav Nagy. "Ladislav really was breaking out this year before his unfortunate injury," Columbus GM ORBluesFan said. "We feel he's healed well and is ready to continue the near point-per-game pace he was on when he went down. Another cheap salary at 1 mil per year will help keep our options open later."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad