Denmark: Danish Prospects

Pure Talents

Feb 23, 2015
Not much. I consider him to be a top10 talent born 2000, maybe even a top5 talent. His production in U15 West this year has been remarkable (leading in both goals and points), and he has also had a good year playing in the U17 West league.
But I have never seen him play, so my evaluation is solely based on stats.
Why do you have an interest in him?

Do you know anybody who has seen him live.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
The U23-roster under Olaf Eller(U20-coach) that's gone to Vojens for the two South Korea games:

Goalies:
Thomas Lillie, Växjo Lakers U20, 19
Mathias Seldrup, Herning II, 18

D-men:
Rasmus Nielsen, Herning, 24
Rasmus Lyø, Odense, 20
Mads Larsen, Malmö U20, 19
Jeppe Vinther, Frederikshavn, 18
Lasse Bo Knudsen, Aalborg, 18
Nikolaj Carstensen, SønderjyskE II, 19
Thor Stokholm, SønderjyskE II, 19
Ludvig Adamsen, Comox Valley Glacier Kings(VIHJL), 18

Forwards:
Søren Pedersen, Odense, 23
Kristoffer Lauridsen, Herning, 21
Christopher Frederiksen, Aalborg, 20
Emil Møller Rasmussen, Rødovre 20,
Emil Oliver Christensen, Rødovre II, 18
Martin Eskildsen, SønderjyskE, 19
Kristian Jensen, Luleå U20, 19
Gorm Topholt, Frederikshavn II, 18
Frederik Rasmussen, SønderjyskE II, 18
Anton Ørsted Pedersen, Herlev, 19
Alexander Lajmi, Aalborg II, 18
Jonas Sander, Hvidovre, 16

What an odd roster. Valdemar or others with knowledge of our 96'ers wanna take a stab at the motive behind this roster? Is it the best U20 available + some league guys? Some guys Eller wanna see before the U20-selection process begins next year? A 1. division all star team? Who is Jonas Sander? Where are the Rungsted boys(Røndbjerg brothers, Weichel, Boysen) and Markus Jensen?

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
What an odd roster. Valdemar or others with knowledge of our 96'ers wanna take a stab at the motive behind this roster? Is it the best U20 available + some league guys? Some guys Eller wanna see before the U20-selection process begins next year? A 1. division all star team? Who is Jonas Sander? Where are the Rungsted boys(Røndbjerg brothers, Weichel, Boysen) and Markus Jensen?

You are right; it is a strange looking roster indeed. As you suggest, probably Eller is evaluating some of the players for next years U20 roster.
The "Rungsted boys" are going to IHWC U18 Div.1 next week, and Jonas Sander, Hvidovre is one of the best 1998 born players who is not going to IHWC U18.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
The Danish U18 team beat France 4-1 today. Tobias Ladehoff has really impressed me. I like his game.

I'm very surprised that Tobias Ladehoff has been this good. A very nice surprise. It looks very good for the Danish team, they'll probably need to at least take points from Norway in the last game to get promotion though. But just from boxscore scounting, Denmark has done better against both Belarus and France than Norway did. I am optimistic about getting promotion. I didn't think they would be in a position get back into the top group so quickly, especially without a star player like Bjorkstrand or Ehlers.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I'm very surprised that Tobias Ladehoff has been this good. A very nice surprise. It looks very good for the Danish team, they'll probably need to at least take points from Norway in the last game to get promotion though. But just from boxscore scounting, Denmark has done better against both Belarus and France than Norway did. I am optimistic about getting promotion. I didn't think they would be in a position get back into the top group so quickly, especially without a star player like Bjorkstrand or Ehlers.

Ive been lucky enough to catch the games against Belarus and France, and Denmark have been very good. Alexander True has also been good, a much better puck handler than I thought.

I have also really liked Mathias Froms' game. And as a bonus quite a few players on the Danish team are sporting full on 80s' hockey dues':yo:

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Matias Lassen signs for two years with Leksand. Spontaneously, I think he could have used one more season in the Danish league, especially considering his injury history. I think it may be a bit early for him to get a fulltime spot in the Allsvenskan, but splitting the season between the U20 and the Allsvenskan team may be a good situation for him.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Ive been lucky enough to catch the games against Belarus and France, and Denmark have been very good. Alexander True has also been good, a much better puck handler than I thought.

I have also really liked Mathias Froms' game. And as a bonus quite a few players on the Danish team are sporting full on 80s' hockey dues':yo:

Good to hear that they have been playing well. I'll have to remember to try and watch the Norway game on saturday. Beating Norway in the last game for promotion yet again would be sweet.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Matias Lassen signs a two year deal with Leksand (Allsvenskan). Any info?

Considered to be one of the biggest blue line prospects coming from Denmark all time. (Not saying much, I know)

Would probably have been a late round draftpick 2014 if it werent for his injury that kept him out for most of the season 2013/2014. Not the biggest guy in the world, but uses it the right way defensively. Good skater.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Considered to be one of the biggest blue line prospects coming from Denmark all time. (Not saying much, I know)

Would probably have been a late round draftpick 2014 if it werent for his injury that kept him out for most of the season 2013/2014. Not the biggest guy in the world, but uses it the right way defensively. Good skater.

Nice, danish players are often pretty smart hockey players, som I am hopeful about this.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Nice, danish players are often pretty smart hockey players, som I am hopeful about this.

If he is defensively what Jens Nielsen was offensively for you during most of his career in almost two decades, then I would say you are good to go.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Denmark beats Norway in the last game, securing promotion to the top division next year. A really great result for the boys, and it really seems like our youngsters know how to beat Norway, now we just need them to learn the seniors the same tricks.:handclap:

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Can anyone give me a scouting report on David Madsen '99?

He was drafted by Cedar Rapids (USHL) tonight in the Phase I draft

ElQuapo

May 11, 2010

I don't know much about him, except the fact that he is the son of Denmarks most succesfull player-agent.

Looking at his stats he has not played at a higher level than the Danish 2nd tier, and has not produced great numbers at that level.

The best players his age already play in the Elite League, or at least dominate the 2nd tier. He has played for the U16 national team though, so I would assume he is a fairly good player, but not among the very best his age-group.

His fathers position has probably help secure him being drafted. It will be interesting to see how he does in the USHL.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
I don't know much about him, except the fact that he is the son of Denmarks most succesfull player-agent.

Looking at his stats he has not played at a higher level than the Danish 2nd tier, and has not produced great numbers at that level.

The best players his age already play in the Elite League, or at least dominate the 2nd tier. He has played for the U16 national team though, so I would assume he is a fairly good player, but not among the very best his age-group.

His fathers position has probably help secure him being drafted. It will be interesting to see how he does in the USHL.

Thank you, I am sure he is a year or 2 away from the USHL.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007

I cannot give you a scouting report as I have never seen him play, but allow me a couple of comments.

I agree with ElQuapo that his father probably has helped him getting drafted. And I suppose he already has some sort of agreement with Cedar Rapids, as it is common in cases like this.

He is a solid prospect and is certainly a top10 (danish) talent in his birthyear. He is probably not talented enough to be NHL drafted, but could end up having a good career in hockey.

It is correct that his stats are not impressive but part of that I ascribe to the fact that his is playing in a club with a lot of good young players a little older than him. He probably is only getting 3. or 4. line minutes, which makes it much harder for him to impress on the scoresheet.

I sure hope he is good enough to be only 1 year away from playing USHL.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Thank you for the scouting report. Tryout camp is set for June 4th-7th. I will definitely report back if he is there and if so how he looks.

Once again thank you for your help.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007

There are 3 danish players born 1999 that are in a league of their own. It is Lucas Andersen and Andreas Grundtvig, Rødovre and Jonas Røndbjerg, Rungsted. Lucas was close to a move to Swedish junior hockey some time ago, and if he is not going abroad this summer he will probably get to play in the best danish league next season.

I don't know why Nikita Antonovs plays in Denmark, but I suppose his parents moved here. I first noticed him a half a year ago and I was puzzled when eliteprospects had him as a danish player born year 2000. :)

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Thank you for the scouting report. Tryout camp is set for June 4th-7th. I will definitely report back if he is there and if so how he looks.

Once again thank you for your help.

If you could give us some info about how he looks that would be great, thank you. :cheers:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad