Denmark: Danish Prospects

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The U17 championship playoff is almost finished.
Rødovre is out, but Rungsted, Herning and Aalborg can all win it.

It's all up to the final game Aalborg-Rungsted and Rungsted only needs one point to secure it (it can be a threeway tie of 6'th points if Aalborg wins).
Best production in the playoff finals is actually Jonas Røndbjerg with 4G 2A in 2 matches. Fantastic for a 1999 born player!

EDIT: Rungsted won the final match 3-2 over Aalborg after being behind 2-1 in the third period, but scoring in the PP and scoring the winning goal 11 sek. before time.
Alexander True got most points in the playoff finals with 8 points (4G 4A) with Jonas Røndbjerg second with 7 points (4G 3A), both from Rungsted.

Rødovre won both the U13 (Most points: Rødovre's Mads Redøhl 7G 11A in 7 games) & the U15 (Most points: Rødovre's Andreas Grundtvig 7G 4A in 5 games), but since they have excelled in the big tournaments in Sweden the last couple of years, it's not that surprising.

Last edited:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What can people tell me about Lucas Andersen?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=224827

Some impressive stats. 15 points in 8 games playing on a U20 squad when you're 15 is pretty promising.

What's the scoop on danish prospects in general? How many of them are likely to end up playing in Sweden as part of their continued development?

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
What can people tell me about Lucas Andersen?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=224827

Some impressive stats. 15 points in 8 games playing on a U20 squad when you're 15 is pretty promising.

What's the scoop on danish prospects in general? How many of them are likely to end up playing in Sweden as part of their continued development?

As you can see in post #2, Lucas Andersen is one of the top prospects born 1999. Last summer he transferred to Malmö, but changed his mind and returned to Denmark before start of the season (to the best of my knowledge).

Every year some Danish junior players (I believe it to be 3-4 in average) transferees to the Swedish junior hockey system. Normally those who go are top 10 prospects of course, and furthermore most are from eastern Denmark. It is not uncommon that up to 20% of a Danish junior national team consists of players who are developed in Sweden. But this also means that the main part of the Danish prospects are developed in Denmark, and actually the last couple of years best prospects (Nicklas Jensen, Oliver Bjorkstrand and Nikolaj Ehlers) has not been around the Swedish hockey school, unlike what was the norm 5-10 years ago.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
As you can see in post #2, Lucas Andersen is one of the top prospects born 1999. Last summer he transferred to Malmö, but changed his mind and returned to Denmark before start of the season (to the best of my knowledge).

Every year some Danish junior players (I believe it to be 3-4 in average) transferees to the Swedish junior hockey system. Normally those who go are top 10 prospects of course, and furthermore most are from eastern Denmark. It is not uncommon that up to 20% of a Danish junior national team consists of players who are developed in Sweden. But this also means that the main part of the Danish prospects are developed in Denmark, and actually the last couple of years best prospects (Nicklas Jensen, Oliver Bjorkstrand and Nikolaj Ehlers) has not been around the Swedish hockey school, unlike what was the norm 5-10 years ago.

Yeah Jacob Svejstrup & Lasse Munk Petersen have gone to NA very early, so it seems to be a trend that more and more players go directly from Denmark to NA and not through Sweden.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Denmark U16 took a very nice scalp when they beat Switzerland U16 4-3.
Goals by Daniel Nielsen, Joachim Blichfeldt, Nikolaj Krag Christensen og Oliver Gatz
[Christian Gade had 3A].

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
U16 teams beat Italy U16 with 10-4.

But lost 4-5 to Norway U16. That Norwegian Curse - fifth time in a row for the Danish U16.

Lot of different Danish scorers in these game. Next match against Germany.

EDIT: Denmark lost the bronze match 3-4 after OT.
Switzerland won the final 6-0 over Norway, so the Danish win over Switzerland was some achievement.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
In the U18 WC Denmark is going to be hammered as expected, not getting better by lacking Nikolaj Ehlers on the roster.

Denmark - Finland: 1-6 [Shots 11-41, danish goal by Jeppe Korsgaard].
Big surprise that Switzerland beat USA 4-2.

Second game is in its second period and Denmark is behind 0-5 to the Czech (shots 2-25 so far).

EDIT: Game ended 9-2; after a third period that ended 2-2, so I guess the Czechs relaxed a lot.
Shots was 52-11 (but 45-4 after the two first period).
Danish goals by Alexander True & Jeppe Korsgaard.

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
In the U18 WC Denmark is going to be hammered as expected, not getting better by lacking Nikolaj Ehlers on the roster.

Denmark - Finland: 1-6 [Shots 11-41, danish goal by Jeppe Korsgaard].
Big surprise that Switzerland beat USA 4-2.

Second game is in its second period and Denmark is behind 0-5 to the Czech (shots 2-25 so far).

Wauw. That sounds like fun.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Mathias Seldrup has started great in goal for the U18 WC Denmark - USA game.

In second period after 34-6 in shots we are only behind 2-0.......(shots 13-0 in second period).

Second period ended. 3-0 to USA after 42-6 in shots (shots 21-0 in second period !!!).

Exactly, sounds like fun (for the USA).

So third period ended with a minor blowout. 7-0 to USA and 59-8 in shots overall (though shots was "only" 17-2 in the third period).

Last edited:

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
The 96 generation just isn't good enough to put up a fight in the top division. It doesn't help that we are missing our best D and best F, could maybe have helped us get less embarrassing results. I don't think we'll be able to challenge Germany in the relegation round.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The 96 generation just isn't good enough to put up a fight in the top division. It doesn't help that we are missing our best D and best F, could maybe have helped us get less embarrassing results. I don't think we'll be able to challenge Germany in the relegation round.

Me neither. We simply don't have the depth - perhaps even with all players available?!
So when we are not at full squad it ends up like this.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Me neither. We simply don't have the depth - perhaps even with all players available?!
So when we are not at full squad it ends up like this.

With Lassen and Ehlers, I believe we would have had a chance. We still wouldn't be favourites, but I believe we could have challenged them.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
With Lassen and Ehlers, I believe we would have had a chance. We still wouldn't be favourites, but I believe we could have challenged them.

I agree we would have been more competitive and have a much greater chance against Germany.
The other teams are still leaps before us in depth.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Denmark was very close to a huge surprise against Switzerland at the U18 WC

Lost 3-2 - Dennark had equalized to 2-2 with four min left of the 3'rd period, but sadly the Swiss won the game with a goal two and a half minute before the end.
Danish goals by Thomas Olsen & Christian Mieritz [Shots 46-24, so good showing by Thomas Lilie in goal saving 43]
But that should give a lot of confidence for the Germany match.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Germany are getting one hell of a beating tonight from Sweden, 3-9 with some time left on the clock. Hopefully this will destroy their confidence.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Yeah Jacob Svejstrup & Lasse Munk Petersen have gone to NA very early, so it seems to be a trend that more and more players go directly from Denmark to NA and not through Sweden.

I was watching some clips from a documentary about the rise of danish hockey....There are a few short clips on youtube. seems to be a work in progress. But there Frans Nielsen is asked how danes go to sweden and why and then he was asked whether a player could go straight from denmark to the NHL without going to sweden first and he said "no chance".....he is ofcourse still right because they just go to NA to play junior hockey instead of staying in denmark and then go straight to the NHL but still...shows how far we have come. Less dependent on having to go to sweden. I imagine that no scouts ever went to denmark in the past and there might be a few now from time to time looking at the very young guys.

Denmark was very close to a huge surprise against Switzerland at the U18 WC

Lost 3-2 - Dennark had equalized to 2-2 with four min left of the 3'rd period, but sadly the Swiss won the game with a goal two and a half minute before the end.
Danish goals by Thomas Olsen & Christian Mieritz [Shots 46-24, so good showing by Thomas Lilie in goal saving 43]
But that should give a lot of confidence for the Germany match.

Well, we knew that it would be almost mission impossible, but nice to see the young guns being close to an upset. Would be so awesome if we could beat germany in the series and stay up. This was a great expirience for them even if we don't.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Relegation series U18: Denmark - Germany.
Denmark close again, but yet another 3-2 loss (this time having the lead 2-1)
This time Denmark managed to get even amount of shots (24-24).
Danish goals by Martin Eskildsen & Markus Jensen.

One or two more games to go.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
WC U18:Second match relegation series.
Denmark was in the lead 2-0 until the last 10 min of period 3.
Regular time ended 2-2 with Germany outshooting Denmark 32-10

Dammit another 3-2 loss.....Germany's first shot on goal in the OT ended it.

Anyways no one expected Denmark to stay up and especially good showing by only losing 2-3 to Switzerland (that only lost 2-3 to Canada).

Last edited:

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
On the other hand we lost 6-1 to finland, that lost 10-0 ! to sweden.. good thing we didnt play sweden:sarcasm:

but you're right .. with our limited number of layers we can not exect to stay u..

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Just have it mentioned here... Mathias From(97) will leave home(Frederikshavn) and go play for Rögle J18 next year. And Joachim Blichfeld(98) - also Frederikshavn - will go play for Malmø J18.

Just for reference I think we had 6 Danes in the J18 this year. I think. And is it 7 in the J20 SuperElit?

Some of us are hoping/waiting for a yearly update of the list in the second post. Perhaps Valdemar could tease by giving some word as to Mathias From and his chances to do something international with his career? :)

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Well we did expect that...still a good learning experience.

Just have to gain promotion again next time.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Just have it mentioned here... Mathias From(97) will leave home(Frederikshavn) and go play for Rögle J18 next year. And Joachim Blichfeld(98) - also Frederikshavn - will go play for Malmø J18.

Just for reference I think we had 6 Danes in the J18 this year. I think. And is it 7 in the J20 SuperElit?

Some of us are hoping/waiting for a yearly update of the list in the second post. Perhaps Valdemar could tease by giving some word as to Mathias From and his chances to do something international with his career? :)

Best of luck to them. They are still two years away from their draft year. They were topscorers for both Frederikshavns U17 and U20 teams this season. Their 1. division stats also seem pretty good for guys their age. Will be interesting to see what they can do in Sweden next year.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Thomas Lillie rumoured to be the third goalie for Växjö next year.. Backed up in the top league this year as well as played for the national team, right?

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Thomas Lillie rumoured to be the third goalie for Växjö next year.. Backed up in the top league this year as well as played for the national team, right?

Played in the U18 and U20 denmark teams. Played seven games for sønderjydske first team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad