Denmark: Danish Prospects

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Wouldn't it be safe to say that Jonas Røndbjerg IS the top prospect for 1999. What he has done so far is really promising.....
Real shame for Christian Gade, hope he recovers fast. Rungsted really has a good crop coming up :handclap:

Yes, I agree, even though it is a birthyear with very good prospects, he seems a little above the rest of the best.

I have read an article about the 2 Rønbjerg hockey brothers. Here is a link.

This is what Jesper Schultz, Central Scouting (a person with huge hockey/NHL knowledge) said about Jonas in the article:

"Jonas er absolut en spiller, som kan havne i NHL klubbernes søgelys, hvis han fortsætter med at udvikle sig som hidtil og holder fast i den positive og meget modtagelige indstilling, som han viser til ishockeyen. Han har en fantastisk hånd-til-øje koordination, som gør ham usædvanlig målfarlig, og når man kobler dette på både stærke playmakerevner, et ganske godt skøjteløb og denne åbenhed til at lytte og gøre som træneren fortæller ham, så kan man altså nå rigtigt langt."

Main points translated to english:

Fantastic hand-to-eye coordination which makes him an unusual dangerous sniper
Very good as a playmaker and a good skater
He has a receptive attitude and willingness to learn

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yes, I agree, even though it is a birthyear with very good prospects, he seems a little above the rest of the best.

I have read an article about the 2 Rønbjerg hockey brothers. Here is a link.

This is what Jesper Schultz, Central Scouting (a person with huge hockey/NHL knowledge) said about Jonas in the article:

"Jonas er absolut en spiller, som kan havne i NHL klubbernes søgelys, hvis han fortsætter med at udvikle sig som hidtil og holder fast i den positive og meget modtagelige indstilling, som han viser til ishockeyen. Han har en fantastisk hånd-til-øje koordination, som gør ham usædvanlig målfarlig, og når man kobler dette på både stærke playmakerevner, et ganske godt skøjteløb og denne åbenhed til at lytte og gøre som træneren fortæller ham, så kan man altså nå rigtigt langt."

Main points translated to english:

Fantastic hand-to-eye coordination which makes him an unusual dangerous sniper
Very good as a playmaker and a good skater
He has a receptive attitude and willingness to learn

Thanks for this report Valdemar!
So they do already talk about possible NHL potential ;)
Yep it sounds quite promising!

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Alexander True and the Seattle Thunderbids started their season last night against a Portland Winterhawks team without Oliver Bjorkstrand. True helped the Thunderbirds win 4-1 as he scored the 2-1 goal. Seattle will play again tonight against Everett.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Last night Jonas Røndbjerg became the youngest goalscorer ever in the best Danish league. And furthermore it became the GWG, and it was against last years champion SønderjyskE.
According to "Skudzonen" is he 1 day younger than Kirill Starkov was when he scored his first goal in the league.

Congratulation :yo::handclap:

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Anyone care to explain what type of player we can expect Jonas to become?

Im guessing he is not the flashy type like Ehlers, so would appreciate any input from people who have seen him.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Last night Jonas Røndbjerg became the youngest goalscorer ever in the best Danish league. And furthermore it became the GWG, and it was against last years champion SønderjyskE.
According to "Skudzonen" is he 1 day younger than Kirill Starkov was when he scored his first goal in the league.

Congratulation :yo::handclap:

That is really some achievement !
GWG against SønderjydskE :D can't get better in the Danish League.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
I know it is a very small sample size, but let us just enjoy it while it lasts:

Former Frederikshavn player (now IF Malmö Redhawks), Joakim Blichfeld U17, is currently the leading scorer in J18 Elit Södra, Region Syd (Southern part of the best Swedish U18 league). In 3 games he has 5 goals and 2 asssists. Another former Frederikshavn player (now Rögle BK) Mathias From is currently no. 7 on the same list with 2 goals and 3 assists in 2 games.

Top goalkeeper prospect from Vojens (now Växjö Lakers HC) Thomas Lillie, also seems to have had a good start in Sweden. He is playing in J20 SuperElit Södra (Southern part of the best Swedish U20 league) and after 6 games he has 92,00 in SVS% and a 2,37 GAA.

Highest scoring Dane in J20 SuperElit Södra is Christian Kristiansen, Rögle BK with 3 goals and 3 assists in 7 games.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup

Great start of the season for top 1998 born prospect Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup. He plays in the USPHL 16U league for Selects Academy at South Kent School. After a 4 points night that included a hat trick, he is the top scorer on his team after 3 games played with 7 goals and 2 assists.
As a curiosity can be mentioned that he plays on the same team as Norwegian generational talent Emilio Pettersen.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Great start of the season for top 1998 born prospect Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup. He plays in the USPHL 16U league for Selects Academy at South Kent School. After a 4 points night that included a hat trick, he is the top scorer on his team after 3 games played with 7 goals and 2 assists.
As a curiosity can be mentioned that he plays on the same team as Norwegian generational talent Emilio Pettersen.

:handclap: lets hope he stays in front of the norwegian. :naughty:

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Prospect update Sweden:

Mathias From, Rögle BK is currently scoring leader in J18 Elit Södra, Region Syd, with 6 goals and 5 assists in 5 games. Joakim Blichfeld, IF Malmö Redhawks has 5 goals and 3 assists in 6 games.
Top D-prospect from 1997, Morten Jensen is Defenseman Scoring Leader in the same league with 2 goals and 7 assists in 6 games.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Prospect update Sweden:

Mathias From, Rögle BK is currently scoring leader in J18 Elit Södra, Region Syd, with 6 goals and 5 assists in 5 games. Joakim Blichfeld, IF Malmö Redhawks has 5 goals and 3 assists in 6 games.
Top D-prospect from 1997, Morten Jensen is Defenseman Scoring Leader in the same league with 2 goals and 7 assists in 6 games.

Thanks for the update, Valdemar.
How good is the J18 Elit Södra, Region Syd? Just some caution before we get carried away with these stats :sarcasm:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Halifax With another loss, no points for Ehlers, so thats 1g in 3 games for him so far.
Halifax look like crap, but he needs to step up.

Olli keeps on trucking, even tho his team are also sucking balls.

The rest of the Danes, bar True, have dissapointed albeit on crap teams.

No Danish points in the AHL yet either...

Together With the NHL players, the start of the Danish NA season is slow, on the verge of horrible.

IMO, I should add:)

And before negative Nancy is slung in my face, I would add I am not sore about it, just expect more.
And some off the circumstances are not up to the players, like Hansen on the 4th Line and so forth:)

At least the Danes in Europe seem to be doing well:)

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Halifax With another loss, no points for Ehlers, so thats 1g in 3 games for him so far.
Halifax look like crap, but he needs to step up.

Olli keeps on trucking, even tho his team are also sucking balls.

The rest of the Danes, bar True, have dissapointed albeit on crap teams.

No Danish points in the AHL yet either...

Together With the NHL players, the start of the Danish NA season is slow, on the verge of horrible.

IMO, I should add:)

And before negative Nancy is slung in my face, I would add I am not sore about it, just expect more.
And some off the circumstances are not up to the players, like Hansen on the 4th Line and so forth:)

At least the Danes in Europe seem to be doing well:)

It seems like a total reverse to last season with awesome starts in NA and pretty bleak in Europe.
But yeah Oliver Bjørkstrand is game, and Ehlers really need to hit the speeder.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
It seems like a total reverse to last season with awesome starts in NA and pretty bleak in Europe.
But yeah Oliver Bjørkstrand is game, and Ehlers really need to hit the speeder.

Both are in pretty diffecult situations....Halifax are severely weakened and the expectations have been very low in the media there..And Portland lost a bunch of guys too.....at least they have oliver and petan still.

Ehlers could have a tough time getting great numbers this season...

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Both are in pretty diffecult situations....Halifax are severely weakened and the expectations have been very low in the media there..And Portland lost a bunch of guys too.....at least they have oliver and petan still.

Ehlers could have a tough time getting great numbers this season...

Dont you dare suggest that :sarcasm:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Danes in the NA youth leagues.

QMJHL:
Nikolaj Ehlers is finally on the move after 2G 1A last game bringing him up to PPG with 3G 1A for 4 games.

WHL:
Oliver Bjørkstrand is going really great with 6G 5A in 7 matches.
Mads Eller is 1G 5A in 9 matches.
Alexander True is 2G 0A in 11 matches.

OHL:
Mikkel Aagaard is 2G 4A in 9 games.
Sonny Hertzberg is without points in 6 matches.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Danes in the NA youth leagues.

QMJHL:
Heinz Ehlers is finally on the move after 2G 1A last game bringing him up to PPG with 3G 1A for 4 games.

WHL:
Oliver Bjørkstrand is going really great with 6G 5A in 7 matches.
Mads Eller is 1G 5A in 9 matches.
Alexander True is 2G 0A in 11 matches.

OHL:
Mikkel Aagaard is 2G 4A in 9 games.
Sonny Hertzberg is without points in 6 matches.

I would love to know what fountain of youth he uses? :laugh:

Other than that, id love to know what slowed True down?

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I would love to know what fountain of yout he uses? :laugh:

Other than that, id love to know what slowed True down?

haha, good catch. Many names to juggle with, so you are bound to get it wrong once in awhile.
If I had also written Søren True, then it must have been a fountain of youth in circulation! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad