Denmark: Danish Prospects

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Fantastic!

What about improvement of training facilities ie building rinks?

I don't think the money is targeted for rinks (that's probably a communal decision), but more for coaches and financial sponsorship of young talents so they can concentrate 100% on their sports (so they don't have to have jobs at the side).

It's typical for Team Denmark to sponsor sportspeople that way, so they can concentrate totally on practice and competition.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Fantastic!

What about improvement of training facilities ie building rinks?

This is 100% for talent development, this report on the link between money put into talent development and olympic medals, is the basis for it.
That's why it is a fair amount of money, and very good news :)

(Sorry, it's in Danish)

http://www.teamdanmark.dk/~/media/T...tional komparativ belysning_foreløbig_res.pdf

On another note,

Icehockey in Denmark is getting way, WAY more media coverage aswell, and many of the clubs are/have gotten new arenas and training rinks.

We are also building a big capacity arena in CPH suitable for Hockey.
Some of the non hockey cities are also beginning to show an interest in Hockey, Aarhus among others want a team to win medals in the best league within 10 years.

My fiancé is a teacher in Herlev, and she says the kids are talking Hockey ALL the time compared to a few years ago. And this is School that has been in 3 Danish School soccer finals (Played at the national arena) and won two of them.

Not only that, the school has made several talents that play pro soccer today aswell, even so, hockey is gaining teritory.

She told me that kids in her 5th grade knew who Nikolaj Ehlers was. In 2008, not a lot of people outside the hockey community would know who Boedker was.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Icehockey in Denmark is getting way, WAY more media coverage aswell, and many of the clubs are/have gotten new arenas and training rinks.

We are also building a big capacity arena in CPH suitable for Hockey.
Some of the non hockey cities are also beginning to show an interest in Hockey, Aarhus among others want a team to win medals in the best league within 10 years.

My fiancé is a teacher in Herlev, and she says the kids are talking Hockey ALL the time compared to a few years ago. And this is School that has been in 3 Danish School soccer finals (Played at the national arena) and won two of them.

Not only that, the school has made several talents that play pro soccer today aswell, even so, hockey is gaining teritory.

She told me that kids in her 5th grade knew who Nikolaj Ehlers was. In 2008, not a lot of people outside the hockey community would know who Boedker was.

Great to hear that hockey-talk is booming among the kids in Herlev!!
My “analytic mind“ had to guess which school, so is it Lindehøjskolen that has hockey interest (though I could only see two finals on the list for boys 2000 & 2002)?
But you are quite right - in former times only “hockey family kids“ and über sport nerds knew about danish hockey players.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Great to hear that hockey-talk is booming among the kids in Herlev!!
My “analytic mind“ had to guess which school, so is it Lindehøjskolen that has hockey interest (though I could only see two finals on the list for boys 2000 & 2002)?
But you are quite right - in former times only “hockey family kids“ and über sport nerds knew about danish hockey players.

Quite impressive detective work :)

That is correct.

Im not sure, but I think they had a Final aswell around 2010?? Maybe it was just a semifinal. Not sure though.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
So does this mean that young promising guys get paid to play hockey so that they can give it their 100%? That's a really good thing, problem with soccer and basketball in Finland is that a lot of solid young players end their career because it's so hard to get paid a decent amount by playing. And ofcourse that affects negatively on the quality of the playing field.

Does any of the money go to coaching youngsters?

It's great to hear that hockey is gaining ground in Denmark. You guys have already been producing a lot of good talent in the last years, so it's good that the popularity for the game is improving as well.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I don't see the exact number of kr to the hockey part but some speculation that the extra money for Team Denmark will be shared out across including hockey which very well could be.

A) I don't think Team Denmark will have the chance of making elite talents full time. Either you'd be asking them to drop out of school or paying wages for some of the clubs which I don't the other clubs will be super thrilled about. I'm just guessing but I'd guess it'll go into coaching in the NT-level from U20 and down. Perhaps make it possible for the NT-coaches to be involved in the day-to-day development of talents as well as giving an extra camp or two. Perhaps some money for those going to Swedish academies - but don't that usually work out even without support?

B) Team Denmark works with 3 "Team Danmark Talenter", 47 "Elite Talenter" og 3 "Team Danmark Atleter". I'd suspect those would be the prime target should any substantial amount of money go that way.

I can't find the 3 Team Danmark Atleter(And I don't know the difference) but the rest is here:

The 47 Elite Talenter are mainly NT-actual players. From Frans Nielsen to Sune Hjulmann.

The 95 Team Danmark Atleter is youth players that might one day make a NT. Bjørn Uldall, Kristian Jensen, Emil Møller Rasmussen, Morten Jensen... You know. U20 and U18 relevant players. And then a ******** of names I don't recognize. Mathias Hindkjær Mølgaard, Mikkel Emil Nørregaard Ibæk, Malthe Laage Helt, Oliver Dam, Alexander Lajmi.

But 152 names are under some form of Team Danmark support. It seems centered around the NT and I suspect it will continue to be as Team Danmark's job is the help those NT get medals.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I don't see the exact number of kr to the hockey part but some speculation that the extra money for Team Denmark will be shared out across including hockey which very well could be.

A) I don't think Team Denmark will have the chance of making elite talents full time. Either you'd be asking them to drop out of school or paying wages for some of the clubs which I don't the other clubs will be super thrilled about. I'm just guessing but I'd guess it'll go into coaching in the NT-level from U20 and down. Perhaps make it possible for the NT-coaches to be involved in the day-to-day development of talents as well as giving an extra camp or two. Perhaps some money for those going to Swedish academies - but don't that usually work out even without support?

B) Team Denmark works with 3 "Team Danmark Talenter", 47 "Elite Talenter" og 3 "Team Danmark Atleter". I'd suspect those would be the prime target should any substantial amount of money go that way.

I can't find the 3 Team Danmark Atleter(And I don't know the difference) but the rest is here:

The 47 Elite Talenter are mainly NT-actual players. From Frans Nielsen to Sune Hjulmann.

The 95 Team Danmark Atleter is youth players that might one day make a NT. Bjørn Uldall, Kristian Jensen, Emil Møller Rasmussen, Morten Jensen... You know. U20 and U18 relevant players. And then a ******** of names I don't recognize. Mathias Hindkjær Mølgaard, Mikkel Emil Nørregaard Ibæk, Malthe Laage Helt, Oliver Dam, Alexander Lajmi.

But 152 names are under some form of Team Danmark support. It seems centered around the NT and I suspect it will continue to be as Team Danmark's job is the help those NT get medals.

Great overview Bank.
I agree that these extra money might be to widen to talent number and perhaps more coaching, as you speculate?

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Felix Scheel to Bjørkløven in Allsvenskan.

Good move. Thats three new guys to allsvenskan so far.

Spelling next?

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Nice to see Scheel and Brugisser move up to Allsvenskan. It would be good for the national team if they can continue their success there.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Mads Eller has a great game with 1G 1A when Edmonton won 4-2 over Portland and secured the WHL title. (O. Bjørkstrand had 1G).

So playoff production:
Oliver Bjørkstrand had 16G 17A in 21 games and won shared point production in WHL with teammate Brendan Leipsic.
Mads Eller had 3G 9A in 21 games.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Mads Eller has a great game with 1G 1A when Edmonton won 4-2 over Portland and secured the WHL title. (O. Bjørkstrand had 1G).

So playoff production:
Oliver Bjørkstrand had 16G 17A in 21 games and won shared point production in WHL with teammate Brendan Leipsic.
Mads Eller had 3G 9A in 21 games.

Great for Mads Eller. Might be able to sneak into the draft late.

Bjørkstrand goal was a beauty

Last edited:

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Updated list of Danish prospects

Better late than never!
I have finally found time to update my list of the best Danish prospects seen from my point of view.

The information is gathered from around the web (statistically data, game reports and articles), and is not based on first hand viewing.

I have included the 2001 born players in this list, but will not discuss younger players than that.

Like last time I have divided the players into 2 groups; "Top prospects" for the very best players, and "Honourable mention" for the runner ups. This time around I have included more players to add a little more depth to the list.

This list is far from perfect, and some players left out, will maybe have a better career than most of the players mentioned. If you are aware of a player worth mention that is not in the list please let me know.

The players are listed in alphabetical order.

Players born in 1996

Top prospects
Nikolaj Ehlers, Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL) (F)
Markus Jensen, Herning (F)
Anders Krogsgaard, Esbjerg (D)
Matias Lassen, Rødovre (D)
Thomas Lillie, Växjö Lakers (SWE) (G)
Søren Nielsen, Esbjerg (F)
Emil Grandal Skjoldager, Herning (F)

Honourable mention
Martin Eskildsen, Vojens (F)
Kristian Jensen, Luleå (SWE) (F)
Thomas Olsen, Frölunda (SWE) (F)
Frederik Rasmussen, Vojens (F)
Jeppe Vinther, Frederikshavn (D)

Players born in 1997

Top prospects
Nicklas Andersen, Esbjerg (F)
Rasmus Thykjær Andersson, Malmö (SWE) (F)
Morten Jensen, Rögle (SWE) (D)
Jeppe Jul Korsgaard, AIK (SWE) (F)
Tobias Maximilian Ladehoff, AaB (F)
Christian Mieritz, Rødovre (D)
Alexander True, Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL) (F)
Nicolai Höjer Weichel, Malmö (SWE) (D)

Honourable mention
Sebastian Brinkman Andersen, AaB (F)
Oliver Anker Christensen, AaB (F)
Mathias From, Rögle (SWE) (F)
Frederik Høeg, Odense (F)
Lasse Duga Laugesen, Herning (D)
Lasse Munk Petersen, USA (G)
Sebastian Ruders, Herning (F)
Marc Emil Sørensen, Herning (D)
Mathias Severin Sørensen, Esbjerg (F)

Players born in 1998

Top prospects
Joachim Blichfeld, Malmö (SWE) (F)
Nikolaj Krag Christensen, Rødovre (F)
Christian Gade, Rungsted (F)
Victor Tobias Hansen, Rungsted (D)
Jakob Jessen, Herning (D)
Oliver Joakim Larsen, AaB (D)
Magnus Molge, Malmö (SWE) (F)
Oliver Gatz Nielsen, AaB (D)
Marcus Dalmark Pedersen, Frederikshavn (F)
Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup, Selects Hockey Academy (USA) (F)

Honourable mention
Valdemar Ahlberg, Linköping (SWE) (F)
Christian Boed, Rungsted (F)
Jacob Bøgelund, Olofströms IK (SWE) (F)
Casper Mortensen, Vojens (F)
Daniel Nielsen, Vojens (F)
Christian Wejse, Esbjerg (F)
Simon Wiuff, Vojens (F)

Players born in 1999

Top prospects
Daniel Baastrup-Andersen, Herlev (D)
Jiri Hilding Andersen, AaB (F)
Lucas Andersen, Rødovre (F)
Christoffer Gath, Herlev (F)
Andreas Grundtvig, Rødovre (F)
Anders Hansen, Vojens (F)
Lasse Skov Jensen, Herning (F)
Peter Eg Larsen, Herning (F)
David Madsen, Vojens (F)
Cilas Mogensen, Herning (D)
Marcus Bunch Nissen, Herning (F)
Emil Bach-Pedersen, Esbjerg (D)
Jonas Rønbjerg, Rungsted (F)
Malte S. Setkow, Rødovre (D)
Jakob Wittendorf, Vojens (F)

Honourable mention
Sebastian H. R. Andersen, Odense (F)
Victor Andersen, Herning (D)
Mads Bondo, Herlev (D)
Mathias Brøndum, Herning (D)
Lasse L. Carlsen, Rødovre (D)
Nicolai W. B. Eriksen, AaB (F)
Mikkel Sigmund Hansen, Esbjerg (F)
Kristian Kragh, Herning (F)
Oliver Jessen, Vojens (D)
Søren Dietz-Larsen, Vojens (F)
Emil Marcussen, AaB (F)
Oliver Reuter, Rødovre (F)
Mads Simonsen, Herning (F)

Players born in 2000

Top prospects
Mikkel Bertelsen, Frederikshavn (F)
Andreas Kleist Christiansen, Esbjerg (F)
Simon Sejerø Golbert, Herlev (F)
Gustav Green, Rungsted (F)
Nicklas Jensen, Herlev (F)
Frederik Langhans Kaels, Rødovre (F)
William Nistrup Madsen, Rungsted (F)
Marco Petersen, Vojens (D)
Mads Stephansen, Vojens (F)
Mads Søgaard, AaB (G)
Sabastian Sørensen, Rødovre (F)
Oliver True, Rungsted (F)

Honourable mention
Jeppe Andersen, Frederikshavn (F)
Oskar Boel, Esbjerg (F)
Magnus Carlsen, Rødovre (F)
Victor Cubars, Hvidovre (F) (LET?)
Jonas Jakobsen, AaB (F)
Mikkel Jensen, Vojens (F)
Oliver Kjær, Esbjerg (F)
Lasse Mortensen, Rødovre (D)
Gustav Dichow Nissen, Vojens (D)
Frederik Pedersen, Esbjerg (D)
Mikkel Pedersen, Herning (F)
Oscar Winther Schulze, Rungsted (F)
Christoffer Ã…kesson, AaB (F)

Players born in 2001

Top prospects
Jonathan Brinkman Andersen, AaB (F)
Nicolai Harries Andersen, Rungsted (F)
Jonas Brøndberg, AaB (D)
Christian Kongsbak Dreier, Frederikshavn (F)
Frederik Kristiansen, AaB (F)
Victor Lodahl, Herning (F)
Nicolai Luplau, Rødovre (F)
Mads Ulrik Redøhl, Rødovre (F)
Simon Schleicher, Herning (F)
Alberto Stærmose, Rødovre (F)

Honourable mention
David Jongjamfa Abildskov, Herning (F)
Oliver Xarles Toft-Christensen, Gentofte (F)
Magnus V. Galby, Rødovre (F)
Anton B. Hansen, Rødovre (D)
Matias Jørgensen, Rødovre (G)
Lasse Laumand, AaB (F)
Mats Simoni Nielsen, AaB (F)
Magnus Normann Refsgaard, Rungsted (F)
Maksim Popovic, Herlev (F)
Christian Juhl Thunbo, Hvidovre (F)
Benjamin Ã…kesson, AaB (D)

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
As always it's greatly appreciated Valdemar! Thanks for the work.

Small typo or misunderstanding from my part: Isn't Joachim Blichfeldt(1998) going to play for Malmös J18-team this year? Or is that next season?

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
As always it's greatly appreciated Valdemar! Thanks for the work.

Small typo or misunderstanding from my part: Isn't Joachim Blichfeldt(1998) going to play for Malmös J18-team this year? Or is that next season?

Your welcome :)

Yes, you are correct, I need to update some of the players in regard to new teams I can see. I´ll do that right away.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Will be interesting to follow the danish players in the North American youth leagues this season:

Canada:
QMJHL: Nikolaj Ehlers
OHL: Mikkel Aagaard Hansen & Sonny Herzberg.
WHL: Mads Eller, Oliver Bjørkstrand & Alexander True

USA:
NCAA: Patrick Russell
CHL: Jannik Christensen
NAHL: André Pison (Stærmose).

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Will be interesting to follow the danish players in the North American youth leagues this season:

Canada:
QMJHL: Nikolaj Ehlers
OHL: Mikkel Aagaard Hansen & Sonny Herzberg.
WHL: Mads Eller, Oliver Bjørkstrand & Alexander True

USA:
NCAA: Patrick Russell
CHL: Jannik Christensen
NAHL: André Pison (Stærmose).

How do ppl rate their chances in the CHL? Hoping all three new faces will develop nicely throughout the year to strengthen our depth for the upcoming WJC. I have high hopes for Hertzberg being an overager and Alexander True as the hochey genes are strong in that family. Do Seattle know they have gotten Ehlers cousin on the team?

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Prospect Christian Gade, Rungsted (1998) is not playing at the moment because of a back injury.

The brothers Mathias and Jonas Røndbjerg, Rungsted (1997 and 1999) has signed 2 year contracts with the professional department of Rungsted (who play in the best Danish league).
Jonas got his debut for the best Rungsted team in the Danish Cup (pre-league tournament) and impressed with 2 goals in 3 games. It is uncertain how much he will be used in league games, as he is still on the small side.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Prospect Christian Gade, Rungsted (1998) is not playing at the moment because of a back injury.

The brothers Mathias and Jonas Røndbjerg, Rungsted (1997 and 1999) has signed 2 year contracts with the professional department of Rungsted (who play in the best Danish league).
Jonas got his debut for the best Rungsted team in the Danish Cup (pre-league tournament) and impressed with 2 goals in 3 games. It is uncertain how much he will be used in league games, as he is still on the small side.

Wouldn't it be safe to say that Jonas Røndbjerg IS the top prospect for 1999. What he has done so far is really promising.....
Real shame for Christian Gade, hope he recovers fast. Rungsted really has a good crop coming up :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->