NFL: Daniel Snyder's future as owner - Team is about to be put for sale?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
After all the years of bullshit with Snyder, I’m sure the cartel is dying to bring in a guy with the distinction of running an entire football league out of business.
As well as work with city, county and possibly state officials on a new stadium.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Sure the Walmart people overpaid by double to buy the team. So unless we’re talking about Bezos, Musk, or a Saudi buying them, it’s not likely to happen

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
:huh: His net worth of $3.2bn would be higher than most of the other owners.
His net worth would put him in the bottom half of owners.

I understand you're trying to make this seem like Snyder is winning, but that's not the case. Snyder wants to be an NFL owner far more than he wants this money. As an NFL owner, he's a member of a very small and very elite club. He doesn't want to be kicked out of the club.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
His net worth would put him in the bottom half of owners.

I understand you're trying to make this seem like Snyder is winning, but that's not the case. Snyder wants to be an NFL owner far more than he wants this money. As an NFL owner, he's a member of a very small and very elite club. He doesn't want to be kicked out of the club.

Of NHL owners? Unlikely. Maybe just outside the top 10 at worst.

He would be 13th on this list, but it includes Roski who is a minority owner of the Kings.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Of NHL owners? Unlikely. Maybe just outside the top 10 at worst.

He would be 13th on this list, but it includes Roski who is a minority owner of the Kings.
A list from this year would put Trump at 17th at the highest.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Ok. But the point remains about why the NFL isn't going to be excited to add a guy who first off can't afford the Commanders and would be a bottom half owner in terms of wealth.

Wealth aside, isn't he probably worse than Snyder to begin with? I would think that would knock him out of the running fairly early on

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wealth aside, isn't he probably worse than Snyder to begin with? I would think that would knock him out of the running fairly early on
buying the team is phase 1. Second phase is to be the person who builds a new stadium. Have to be someone who can get that done as well. Both in finances and connections to get it approved with or without any government assistance.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yeah, you want an owner who is making the team their top priority. It's why Bezos now is a better fit than if he was still running Amazon.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Over/under $4billion on the sale. What's your bet?

Tough to say till know all the bidders. Assuming the buyers don't let an overpay in Denver set the standard (they shouldn't), it will come in a little below $4b. Of course, if there's a bidding war, it will probably be over.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Tough to say till know all the bidders. Assuming the buyers don't let an overpay in Denver set the standard (they shouldn't), it will come in a little below $4b. Of course, if there's a bidding war, it will probably be over.
It’s rare for nfl teams to go on the market. You come in with your best offer. Not going to get a “deal”. Only way Washington comes in lower than Denver is because of the new stadium and needing funds for that whereas Denver was turn key. But if the new stadium is viewed as a real estate transaction and the surrounding area can be turned into something similar to NE & Dal then it will exceed the broncos price.

Last edited:

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
It’s rare for nfl teams to go on the market. You come in with your best offer. Not going to get a “deal”. Only way Washington comes in lower than Denver is because of the new stadium and needing funds for that whereas Denver was turn key. But if the new stadium is viewed as a real estate transaction and the surrounding area can be turned into something similar to NE & Dal then it will exceed the broncos price.

Rarity doesn’t really play here, it’s not gemstones. $5-6b is simply a non-starter for someone wanting to see a return before they’re a senior citizen. NFL franchises make a lot of money but not that kind of money. The legacy families like Halas, Rooney, and Mara aren’t worth that kind of money for that reason.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Rarity doesn’t really play here, it’s not gemstones. $5-6b is simply a non-starter for someone wanting to see a return before they’re a senior citizen. NFL franchises make a lot of money but not that kind of money. The legacy families like Halas, Rooney, and Mara aren’t worth that kind of money for that reason.

Forbes valued the team at 5.6B in August, obviously that doesn't mean it will sell for that or more, but I would think it goes for a minimum of $5B

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad