NFL: Daniel Snyder's future as owner - Team is about to be put for sale?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That probably happens at an owners meeting
Hope for Washington fans and fans of the nfl that he actually does go ahead and sell the team. They need a fresh start.

Maybe also his plans for a new stadium have hit a snag with no one wanting to do business with him on it he deal.

Reactions: Tryamw

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And they had an owners meeting two weeks ago. That’s why I bring it up. The vote might have happened then with Snyder now working on his exit.
I feel like that would be reported though. Unless he knew that too and got ahead of it. But if that did happen I feel like we'd know for sure.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I feel like that would be reported though. Unless he knew that too and got ahead of it. But if that did happen I feel like we'd know for sure.
I wouldn’t be so sure. We don’t get much from owners meetings. Even during the ugliest spats about Goodell’s contract, we only got small rumblings of what the gripes were between owners. If they voted one out, they probably also are under orders not to say a word.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn’t be so sure. We don’t get much from owners meetings. Even during the ugliest spats about Goodell’s contract, we only got small rumblings of what the gripes were between owners. If they voted one out, they probably also are under orders not to say a word.
Or to let Irsay be the one to do it, knowing he would do it anyways

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Getting new ownership for Washington is ideal, they need it.
Once Snyder is gone, Washington will be a powerhouse like the Jack Kent Cooke days.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

You should have quoted the best part of this article.

"The sources said that prosecutors are focused on several areas and that the inquiry was triggered by a letter the House Committee on Oversight and Reform sent to the Federal Trade Commission and several attorneys general in April that alleged deceptive business practices."

After all of your hand wringing about those hearings, isn't it good to see they were productive? Good job, Congress.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Someone figured out they were getting voted off the island.

Not convinced 24 of the owners would have voted to get him out (unless there was hard evidence he hid money from them). Its not like these scandals are hurting their pockets.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not convinced 24 of the owners would have voted to get him out (unless there was hard evidence he hid money from them). Its not like these scandals are hurting their pockets.
They are and they are.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

You never seem convinced that anything will happen to an owner until it does. Weird coincidence.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Bezos seems like the obvious option to me, but I'm sure the DC area has more than a few billionaires that'd be interested.

I just wonder if whomever buys the team nixes the Commanders and renames the team. God only knows I would.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Bezos seems like the obvious option to me, but I'm sure the DC area has more than a few billionaires that'd be interested.

I just wonder if whomever buys the team nixes the Commanders and renames the team. God only knows I would.
I think Washington Commies has a ring to it. And Red is one of their colors.
(TIC)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad