Daniel & Henrik Sedin Thread - Part III (MOD Notice Post # 53)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlrsr

Sep 16, 2006
Even the suggestion that a player "should have scored" at random point in the game is idiotic. Nobody can score at will. Nobody.

If "clutch" players are able to, then what the hell are they doing for the rest of the game? They should be scoring every shift.

Zarpan

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Suggesting the Sedins should have scored a go-ahead goal at 4-4 doesn't mean I would have expexted them to score all 5 goals. :shakehead

I guess if you want to play the "clutch" game, from the 2010 to 2013 playoffs, Daniel had more 5v5 playoff goals in a very close situation (score within 1 goal or tied) than Kopitar, Toews, Hossa, Malkin. He was tied for 5th during that timeframe behind Kane, Sharp, Williams, and Crosby.

Daniel was actually 4th in WPA during those playoffs for 5v5 goals at any score.

Not to mention that Daniel was tied for 2nd in 5v5 goals in "close" situations during the first round of the playoffs.

Clutch has been proven to be mostly meaningless and non-repeatable in large sample sizes. However if you want to harp on 5v5 play and "clutch" play, Daniel's been one of the best goalscorers for that in the playoffs.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Sedins aren't clutch enough and lack North American heart to lead this team to a cup. If they had half the heart that Derek Dorsett had, they'd probably get double the number of points Dorsett has.

Maline

Apr 28, 2015
Sedins aren't clutch enough and lack North American heart to lead this team to a cup. If they had half the heart that Derek Dorsett had, they'd probably get double the number of points Dorsett has.

You saying we Europeans have soft hearts? Also Nick Lidström says Hi :)
Anyway, let me know where Dorsetts North American heart was during this series, bcs I for sure didn't see it.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
I guess if you want to play the "clutch" game, from the 2010 to 2013 playoffs, Daniel had more 5v5 playoff goals in a very close situation (score within 1 goal or tied) than Kopitar, Toews, Hossa, Malkin. He was tied for 5th during that timeframe behind Kane, Sharp, Williams, and Crosby.

Daniel was actually 4th in WPA during those playoffs for 5v5 goals at any score.

Not to mention that Daniel was tied for 2nd in 5v5 goals in "close" situations during the first round of the playoffs.

Clutch has been proven to be mostly meaningless and non-repeatable in large sample sizes. However if you want to harp on 5v5 play and "clutch" play, Daniel's been one of the best goalscorers for that in the playoffs.

Too bad he won't read past the first sentence of this post

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Anyway, let me know where Dorsetts North American heart was during this series, bcs I for sure didn't see it.

this is really cute

hes definitely joking, dont worry

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver

Europeans definitely have soft hearts because they eat so well. The North American diet leads to artery hardening and thus a stronger heart that pumps blood at max speed.

Maline

Apr 28, 2015
Europeans definitely have soft hearts because they eat so well. The North American diet leads to artery hardening and thus a stronger heart that pumps blood at max speed.

Now you make sense :D

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
Great players that may go down as the best ever to play for us. However they are unbelievable soft guys that lack any sort of mean streak or intensity. I'll never forget I think it was game 5 this past year vs the Flames. During a scrum Dennis Wideman cross checked Henrik about 3 or 4 times. After his last crosscheck he drops his stick. Henrik then proceeds to pick it up, pass it back to him and skate off the ice. Wideman had the most confused look on his face like he honestly dint know how to react. It's one of those moments where your just left shaking your head in embarrassment.

Last edited:

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
actually that was one of the best moments of the year

his confusion is worth a million ****** retaliations

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
hahah he already lost to backstrom, lundqvist and zetterberg? what a joke.

I was getting absloutely shafted by suggesting that keeping the puck out of your net is more valuable than being visually better defensively. Who cares if Zetterberg looks better defensively, since the Sedins have been strength on strength guys Henrik is 9th in gf/60 and Zetterberg is 46th.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
hahah he already lost to backstrom, lundqvist and zetterberg? what a joke.

I was getting absloutely shafted by suggesting that keeping the puck out of your net is more valuable than being visually better defensively. Who cares if Zetterberg looks better defensively, since the Sedins have been strength on strength guys Henrik is 9th in ga/6060 and Zetterberg is 46th.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
Hanks crummy obstruction penalties aside you won't find more sportsmanlike players than these two, and yet most sports fans see that as a weakness or outright embarrassment.

(And in some ****** little corner of my heart, I too just want to see them wallop someone for once.)

In a nutshell, it's why I have a harder and harder time following this sport each season.

The fact that these players are looked down upon for refusing to engage in one of the most adolescent, embarrassing aspects of the sport is just... :facepalm:

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
Hanks crummy obstruction penalties aside you won't find more sportsmanlike players than these two, and yet most sports fans see that as a weakness or outright embarrassment.

(And in some ****** little corner of my heart, I too just want to see them wallop someone for once.)

In a nutshell, it's why I have a harder and harder time following this sport each season.

The fact that these players are looked down upon for refusing to engage in one of the most adolescent, embarrassing aspects of the sport is just... :facepalm:

There looked down on because they don't even defend themselves. They have the last amount of fight back I've ever seen from a professional athlete. It makes the rest of the team look soft as a whole. If scrums are making you lose interest in hockey then mabey the sport isn't for you.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
There looked down on because they don't even defend themselves. They have the last amount of fight back I've ever seen from a professional athlete. It makes the rest of the team look soft as a whole. If scrums are making you lose interest in hockey then mabey the sport isn't for you.

how about hockey, like scoring goals and stuff. i think thats more important to hockey. maybe mma would be more suited to your tastes?

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
how about hockey, like scoring goals and stuff. i think thats more important to hockey. maybe mma would be more suited to your tastes?

Did I say anything against that? Obviously it's a big aspect of the game but so is the physicality especially in the playoffs. I find it funny that the same guys who stick up for the Sedins lack of physicality were applauding the Virtanen pick because "Those are the types of players you win with." Don't get me wrong I'd take the Sedins on my team any day of the week all I was stating is how they leave alot to be desired when it comes to other aspects of the game.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011

Defend themselves from what - a loss of face in the eyes of people like Don Cherry and Mike Milbury?

It must suck having views that basically mean a no-class punk like Brad Marchand gets to set up shop in your head because of a stupid aspect of hockey 'culture'..

(And he obviously has, otherwise you wouldn't be on here saying things like the whole team is viewed as soft - including maniacs like Zack Kassian I guess - because they don't react like my two year old does when someone takes her toy away)

Dana Murzyn

Oct 5, 2005

Well said. Agree 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad