Daniel & Henrik Sedin Thread - Part III (MOD Notice Post # 53)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
The same Perry and Getzlaf that combined for 3 goals and a -10 in last season's second round loss to the Kings?

He expects the Sedins to perform like the best players in the world at every given moment, selectively choosing his list of favourites for each day, week, or series.

Ovechkin had 5 in 7 in round 1 but Caps fans weren't raking him over the coals for being a loser.

Maline

Apr 28, 2015
Again, you keep saying they showed up and everyone else didn't. How can that be true when their production was either matched or exceeded by everyone else? There's no logic to it.

We had 3-0 and still managed to lose. We scored 4 goals, and still managed to lose.
How many goals against did the Sedins have ?....Not counting empty netter.

Now tell me, did really the others show up ? No they didnt. And again, Miller did a Luongo special, but I guess thats something you and me got used to while he was here :)

Last edited:

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Imagine if everyone on this site waited for a meaninglessly small data sample that "proved" some thing they'd talked about endlessly, and then posted about it 200 times in one thread. This place would be a mess.
hqdefault.jpg

Minus four, people.

MINUS FOUR.

I always said Amonte should have been 2nd in Calder voting in 1992. Always.

Zarpan

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
It also explains that good players don't always produce in a playoff series. The best players in the league cannot live up to your expectations for the Sedins.

Yep, that's really it. He posted after game 5 that he had expected the Sedin line to produce preferably 5 ES goals at that point.

This season there were exactly 0 forwards who were on the ice for 1+ ES goals for per game. That's during the regular season too.

Thus y2kcanucks' expectations for the Sedins are that they should produce in the playoffs at a level better than any forward managed to average during the regular season.

Maline

Apr 28, 2015
Yep, that's really it. He posted after game 5 that he had expected the Sedin line to produce preferably 5 ES goals at that point.

This season there were exactly 0 forwards who were on the ice for 1+ ES goals for per game. That's during the regular season too.

Thus y2kcanucks' expectations for the Sedins are that they should produce in the playoffs at a level better than any forward managed to average during the regular season.

Its not only that. If a team scores 5 goals on us, its expected that the Sedins score 6.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
The same Perry and Getzlaf that combined for 3 goals and a -10 in last season's second round loss to the Kings?

getz had a 12-4-11-15 minus 2 line last year
Perry a 13-4-7-11 minus 2 line

really not that bad of a playoff was it?

And heck players who lead teams to SC's get a bit of slack right?

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
It is pretty simple: we will never win anything with the Sedins at the forefront of the team. I don't know how anyone can argue that. 2 Soft perimeter players not doing well in the playoffs... I wonder why?

It will definitely be sad to see them go of course. 2 twins who have played with each other throughout their entire career with amazing chemistry. But they can't get it done, simple as that.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
The Canucks went to Game 7 of the SCF with the Sedins. Anyone who says they could never win with them is lying to support a dumb argument.

That sounds harsh, but I'm so tired of reading these insane arguments, littered throughout the board by the hundreds. It's $*&#ing endless.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Suggesting the Sedins should have scored a go-ahead goal at 4-4 doesn't mean I would have expexted them to score all 5 goals. :shakehead

You expect them to perform at a level that is beyond their capability. Stone meet blood.
I know this is going to fall on deaf ears but give up already.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I expect them to play at a level worthy of their contracts. In the playoffs they do not.

yadda yadda yadda

I don't completely disagree with you (though I do mostly) but the obsessive mantra gets really old.

Last edited:

doobie604

Jan 19, 2007
Yes you can win with the twins. Now can management build enough depth and draft some gems without high picks is the bigger question. Sure they've lost a step, but they also have a less effective line mates, less competent D to join the rush. Hockey is a team sport, 2 players can only do so much.

Maline

Apr 28, 2015
Suggesting the Sedins should have scored a go-ahead goal at 4-4 doesn't mean I would have expexted them to score all 5 goals. :shakehead

The rest of the team should have showed up at 3-0 and not pop their pants. That sounds better dont you think.

Next season every time Sedins score a go ahead goal, im expecting the rest of the team to win the game.. If not, non is worthy their contract and should all retire. Thats y2k hockey logic in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad