Post-Game Talk: Danault with a hat trick (no, seriously) in a 4-3 overtime win (no, seriously) vs VGK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
hang on, Weber just missed an entire calendar year due to injury but posters are smugly taking shots at Subban's health issues?

:help:

What do you mean, "taking shots"? They're providing actual, reliable medical diagnoses and prognoses of any player you can think of. :laugh:

They're even comparing Weber to players who are older, whose health history may be totally unrelated. :help: Never mind that Subban is almost 4 years younger than Weber, apparently he's almost done. There are even allusions drawn about his training regimen, cause you know, HF got a hold of his whole program. And not to mention all of the private medical records for each of the players being debated.

Of course, there is no material margin of error mentioned as to their downside predictions about ex-Habs.

And, it ends with the usual and predictable refrain about how Subban, Galchenyuk and/or Pacioretty are depreciated assets with dim futures and probably short careers, cause you know, they're wearing different clothes now. Seinfeld would be proud. :handclap:

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
hang on, Weber just missed an entire calendar year due to injury but posters are smugly taking shots at Subban's health issues?

:help:

Nothing smug about pointing out that he seems to have some recurring issues. Anyone can have a bad injury and miss time
but lingering injuries can end careers.

Subban has had 3 seasons out of the last 4 under 70 games. I mean he is out now since November and you can’t even pin point when he got hurt. You don’t think thats worthy of discussion on response to a poster that said Weber has maybe 2 good years left? There is a world of difference between having an injury, and being injury prone.

I’d be very concerned if I was Subban or the Preds, he is cleared to play, skating, but doesn’t have a return date. Poile has been saying he is day to day for like 3 weeks.He was also cleared to play in 2015 and never came back.

I hope he gets healthy, NHL is more fun with him.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Some real pieces of work here trashing all over Subban for no particular reason..

Would LOVE to see all your reactions to getting hurt like that

He was legit hurt, and I think - but have no proof - he is still fighting that injury.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
What do you mean, "taking shots"? They're providing actual, reliable medical diagnoses and prognoses of any player you can think of. :laugh:

They're even comparing Weber to players who are older, whose health history may be totally unrelated. :help: Never mind that Subban is almost 4 years younger than Weber, apparently he's almost done. There are even allusions drawn about his training regimen, cause you know, HF got a hold of his whole program. And not to mention all of the private medical records for each of the players being debated.

Of course, there is no material margin of error mentioned as to their downside predictions about ex-Habs.

And, it ends with the usual and predictable refrain about how Subban, Galchenyuk and/or Pacioretty are depreciated assets with dim futures and probably short careers, cause you know, they're wearing different clothes now. Seinfeld would be proud. :handclap:

So we can only talk about a players injury history with full medical records in hand? This is a fan forum, what is so out of line about speculating about a players health - a guy that has missed significant time 3 out of the last 4 years?

Did I miss something, is this the Nashville board?

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Plekanec and Paceriotty dropped from line up.

lol replaced by Domi and Tatar.

:laugh: That is just how bad were those two floaters were.

Except we were great at come from behind wins in 16-17 with both of them here.

Can’t blame last year all on them

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
That tells something about the mental strength of the team this year (I actually believed that they would score when they pulled Price) but that 2-20-3 record last year has to be the worst in the league no? That's dismal.

Detroit was worse, but yea it’s crazy to think we could potentially have 5 times as many comeback wins this year as we did last year

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
nobodi is ALWAYS involved in the play, not Domi, not Gallagher, not Weber, hell! maybe not even Kovalev!

Of course nobody is always involved in the pay it's just a way of saying that he's more involved and drive the play more thus creating his own chances., retriving pucks along the boards etc

Semantics really

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Nothing smug about pointing out that he seems to have some recurring issues. Anyone can have a bad injury and miss time
but lingering injuries can end careers.

Subban has had 3 seasons out of the last 4 under 70 games. I mean he is out now since November and you can’t even pin point when he got hurt. You don’t think thats worthy of discussion on response to a poster that said Weber has maybe 2 good years left? There is a world of difference between having an injury, and being injury prone.

I’d be very concerned if I was Subban or the Preds, he is cleared to play, skating, but doesn’t have a return date. Poile has been saying he is day to day for like 3 weeks.He was also cleared to play in 2015 and never came back.

I hope he gets healthy, NHL is more fun with him.

Its possible that he got injured bad. Who knows.

But to suggest he might be finished is quite ridiculous. The guy has been Nashville’s most trusted D. You think if such an injury was a concern to his health he could and would of played as much as be has?

The guy has been one of the healthiest NHL player since he joined the NHL.

Last edited:

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
So we can only talk about a players injury history with full medical records in hand? This is a fan forum, what is so out of line about speculating about a players health - a guy that has missed significant time 3 out of the last 4 years?

Did I miss something, is this the Nashville board?

Im really not sure where you’re trying to go with this.

Weber missed a full year. Subban missed a couple of games here and there.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Yes, he did. But that was one of the most emabarrising plays I’ve ever seen and right or wrong that is how I will always remember him. Loved the guy but he was a flake. But sometimes top end talent is flaky and we should remeber that when Drouin makes mistakes, and he makes a lot of them!

Guess you missed the Ribeiro one ?

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Domi was money on the tying and winning goals. Is it time to get him away from Drouin?

Yes. Drouin needs a player like ylonen or a similarly high offensive player. Im not saying domi isnt skilled offensively but i see domi like a really really skilled grinder.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018

Subban isn’t all you make him to be. Just not a team player. Who cares we have the better of the two.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Maybe half the games you’ve watched. He hasn’t looked lost 19 games this season. You need to watch more hockey, he has been great on a pretty average team.

Can’t believe we are complaining about a guy that is one of the more talented forwards we have had in 30 years. I suffered through years of these forms complaining about karacter and lack of talent, we get a small taste of it and complain.

And pine for a flake like Kovalev. Wake me up when Drouin does something even close to this:

I know it's Christmas and one should hope for good will to all but take your effing attitude and shove it. Don't tell me I need to watch more hockey. Maybe you need to watch more hockey. Good hockey. Maybe that explains your acceptance of subpar hockey that has been provided by Drouin this year. I'll stop there before I mess up the Christmas cheer and get an infraction.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I don’t disagree with that. The point I’m trying to make is the guy has some pretty sick offensive skills. He is no Kovy but talent matters and the dude can play. After years of watching guys like Weise play top 6 wing, its a treat to have a guy like Drouin flying around out there.
Flying on skates or Mary Jane?

japhi

Jul 7, 2014

Subban has been out for extended periods three of the last 4 seasons. Its not a game here or there. 19 games so far this year and close to 50 over the last 4 years.

I’m not going anywhere with this, I started refuting a poster that said Weber had maybe 2 good seasons left. I stated that Subban seems to have some sort of recurring/nagging injury. This is not exactly controversial. And I never said he was finished, but that should be a concern to his team and fans. Nagging injuries CAN hurt careers, this is not a controversial take. I hope he stays healthy, as I said in another post the NHL is a worse league without him.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I know it's Christmas and one should hope for good will to all but take your effing attitude and shove it. Don't tell me I need to watch more hockey. Maybe you need to watch more hockey. Good hockey. Maybe that explains your acceptance of subpar hockey that has been provided by Drouin this year. I'll stop there before I mess up the Christmas cheer and get an infraction.

Ya you need to relax.

Subpar hockey, ok lol. I guess we had different expectations for the guy, I will be able to live with 25/40 for 65.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Ya you need to relax.

Subpar hockey, ok lol. I guess we had different expectations for the guy, I will be able to live with 25/40 for 65.
But if he wasn't invisible every 3rd game, his numbers would be much higher. And he floats around too much and is soff. Other than that, he's OK.

Reactions: Forum93

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Ya you need to relax.

Patches gave us more than that and I didn't want him on our team. You think I'm gonna want Drouin who suffers of hockey amnesia three quarters of the season.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Patches gave us more than that and I didn't want him on our team. You think I'm gonna want Drouin who suffers of hockey amnesia three quarters of the season.

Wow. I'm not saying that Drouin is perfect, but you're a classic example of a poster that has it out for a given player. The reaction to what really goes on out on the ice seems at least a little overdone, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad