Post-Game Talk: Danault with a hat trick (no, seriously) in a 4-3 overtime win (no, seriously) vs VGK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It's a silly argument that I've seen too many times here, not just by Genesis.

But excellent point :)

Not as silly as everything we've heard about Subban.

The fact there are still halfwits who pretend Subban is a #3 says a lot.

It's also telling how you conveniently chose which silly arguments to talk about as if those were the most prevailing.

Reactions: Pickles

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
It's a product of a divisive management that has a very particular philosophy. They favor the perception of character, and they tend to dislike players with flair, or players of specific backgrounds. That's three significant factors right there.

I was posting on Habs' boards back in the Gainey/Gauthier era, people didn't write as much about Beauchemin, Ryder, Streit, and Sourray. We did discuss them, but not as much.
I remember Letting Sourray walk. Still have nightmares...

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Not as silly as everything we've heard about Subban.

The fact there are still halfwits who pretend Subban is a #3 says a lot.

It's also telling how you conveniently chose which silly arguments to talk about as if those were the most prevailing.
Same for you, I mean why do you let the Subban led Nashville to the scf posts slide, but choose to respond to my reply? Do you have no integrity?

:sarcasm:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Rinne was a big part of their run. I think he had a .940 up until they meet the Pens and then he went to caca and the Pens took them out. Also lost their 1C in RJ which didn't help their chances.

Last year WPG made the amazing D look Peewee at times and Rinne didn't have god like numbers and they didn't get past the 2nd round. Also Turris was a bust in the PO's.

End of the day Weber is an elite 1D in the league. I think every coach in the league would play this guy 25+ mins a night against the other teams best and let him blast lazer beams from the point all night long.

Since Weber came into the league until today he is the leading goal scorer for Dmen. 194 G since 05-06. 2nd is Burns with 185, then Buf 177, Chara 157 and Green 145. If you go back 20 years Chara has 198 to Webers 194. That means in 20 years only 1 Dman has scored more goals than Weber and Weber will probably pass Chara at some point this year.

Oh great.. now Scruadam adds his take on reality..

Since Subban came into the league in the 2010 playoffs, he's 3rd overall among dmen for playoff points with 59 in 90 games. The two guys in front of him are Letang and Keith who both had much better offensive players than Subban ever had.

Weber in the playoffs since 2010? 37th among all dmen, with 22 points in 50 games.

Who the **** cares how many goals Weber has in the reg. I want a player who performs in the playoffs.

You mention Rinne. Isn't it strange he never played like that in the playoffs when Weber was there? The season before, the dcorps was almost the same. Ehkolm, Josi and Reilly were all close to 25 and had already broke out. Yet Rinne wasn't out of this world. Even worst in the playoffs. Subban has had two goalies win a Vezina as their #1 dman. The great Weber never brought a goalie to these heights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad