Post-Game Talk: Danault with a hat trick (no, seriously) in a 4-3 overtime win (no, seriously) vs VGK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Anyone who refers to Subban as an idiot is not worth listening to.

Aside from being an excellent hockey player (one Norris win and three nominations) with high hockey IQ who has far more class and character (than his old boss for example), Subban also shows high IQ off the ice. He has numerous other activities. He's an eloquent and interesting interview subject, he is possibly the most stylish man in hockey, he stands up for his rights, he's active in philanthropy on multiple fronts in both Montreal and Nashville, he takes classes at Harvard University, etc.

If you're calling Subban an idiot, then you have no credibility as a poster.
Hockey players are called idiots all the time, no need to take such offense to it.

"Did you see what Comeau did on that 2 on 0? What an idiot!"

"Did you hear Marchand licked another player? Kids an idiot."

"That guy that took an unsportsmanlike penalty after scoring a goal from center ice.. what an idiot"

"He slew footed another player...what an idiot"

Doing dumb stuff on the ice makes you an idiot on the ice, it doesn't mean you are a dumb person.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Lets see:

Nashville's Playoff record since 2010.
2010–112010–11NHLWestern5thCentral2nd8244271199219194Won Conference Quarterfinals (Ducks), 4–2
Lost Conference Semifinals (Canucks), 2–4
2011–122011–12NHLWestern4thCentral2nd8248268104237210Won Conference Quarterfinals (Red Wings), 4–1
Lost Conference Semifinals (Coyotes), 1–4
2012–132012–13NHLWestern13thCentral5th481623941111139Did not qualify
2013–142013–14NHLWestern10thCentral6th8238321288216242Did not qualify
2014–152014–15NHLWestern3rdCentral2nd82472510104232208Lost First Round (Blackhawks), 2–4
2015–162015–16NHLWestern7thCentral4th8241271496228215Won First Round (Ducks), 4–3
Lost Second Round (Sharks), 3–4
2016–172016–17NHLWestern8thCentral4th8241291294240224Won First Round (Blackhawks), 4–0
Won Second Round (Blues), 4–2
Won Conference Final (Ducks), 4–2
Lost Stanley Cup Finals (Penguins), 2–4
2017–182017–18NHLWestern1stCentral1st82531811117267211Won First Round (Avalanche), 4–2
Lost Second Round (Jets), 3–4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
In 2 seaons Subban brought Nashville more playoff wins than Weber has in 6 seasons.

Thanks but it's pretty clear who the beast is.
:badidea::loony:... It's like saying " my friend is a man , he's a gay so every men are gay :laugh:. Hockey is a team sport and The Predators went on the SC finals . Not Subban alone .

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
:badidea::loony:... It's like saying " my friend is a man , he's a gay so every men are gay :laugh:. Hockey is a team sport and The Predators went on the SC finals . Not Subban alone .
No it was because of Subban, and that also means that the president's trophy winners choked in the second round, because of Subban too.

As Subban goes, Nashville goes.

Jul 6, 2016

.... And the Preds are still winning games despite the absence of Subban.....

Last edited:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
No it was because of Subban, and that also means that the president's trophy winners chocked in the second round, because of Subban too.

My bad , you are right . This team 's a black hole without him :thumbu:

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
No it was because of Subban, and that also means that the president's trophy winners choked in the second round, because of Subban too.

Not quite sure what your definition of choking is but losing to a heavy SC favorite in the second round in game 7 isnt choking, Rinne choked Predators did not. Also never heard of a team choking their way to a Stanley cup final. I guess Subban talk brings out the Pejorative Slur in everyone.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Anyone who refers to Subban as an idiot is not worth listening to.

Aside from being an excellent hockey player (one Norris win and three nominations) with high hockey IQ who has far more class and character (than his old boss for example), Subban also shows high IQ off the ice. He has numerous other activities. He's an eloquent and interesting interview subject, he is possibly the most stylish man in hockey, he stands up for his rights, he's active in philanthropy on multiple fronts in both Montreal and Nashville, he takes classes at Harvard University, etc.

If you're calling Subban an idiot, then you have no credibility as a poster.

According to some players in the NHL he is an idiot. And as far as credibility on a hockey forum ? I really couldn’t give a shit. I have my opinion and you have yours. Cheers

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Not quite sure what your definition of choking is but losing to a heavy SC favorite in the second round in game 7 isnt choking, Rinne choked Predators did not. Also never heard of a team choking their way to a Stanley cup final. I guess Subban talk brings out the ****** in everyone.

Like how Weber and the Preds choked to the sharks in 2016 (as a lower seeded team)?

I mean, if you're (not you specifically) going to give all the credit for playoff success to Subban, then he deserves blame when the team disappoints, no?

The Cinderella run to the scf was a combination of many factors, yet some posters want to attribute it to the acquisition of Subban/departure of Weber only.

Forgive me for mocking them.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Like how Weber and the Preds choked to the sharks in 2016 (as a lower seeded team)?

I mean, if you're (not you specifically) going to give all the credit for playoff success to Subban, then he deserves blame when the team disappoints, no?

The Cinderella run to the scf was a combination of many factors, yet some posters want to attribute it to the acquisition of Subban/departure of Weber only.

Forgive me for mocking them.

If you think you can mock Genesis into anything you havent been paying attention to many of their posts.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
How can you be so sure that the success is due to the acquisition of Subban? Maybe the departure of Weber makes them a better team. (Addition by subtraction)

Although we did go from finishing 9th last with Subban to being a playoff team with Weber so maybe Subban was bad luck?

It's all so confusing, the only certainty I know is Nashville continues to choke in the playoffs, with Weber or with Subban.

Lets not be naughty now, Christmas is approaching. Santa won’t be happy.

Reactions: Victorius

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
According to some players in the NHL he is an idiot. And as far as credibility on a hockey forum ? I really couldn’t give a ****. I have my opinion and you have yours. Cheers
Woah woah woah brah... relax its the holidays.

No one is attacking you here.

And according to who is Subban an idiot.

Jul 6, 2016
On this board, we are talking almost more often about ex-Habs players than actual's ones.

I dunno if posters on other teams' boards are as obsessive about their ex-players.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
On this board, we are talking almost more often about ex-Habs players than actual's ones.

I dunno if posters on other teams' boards are as obsessive about their ex-players.

It's a product of a divisive management that has a very particular philosophy. They favor the perception of character, and they tend to dislike players with flair, or players of specific backgrounds. That's three significant factors right there.

I was posting on Habs' boards back in the Gainey/Gauthier era, people didn't write as much about Beauchemin, Ryder, Streit, and Sourray. We did discuss them, but not as much.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

For other teams fans, hockey is but a sport, here it's life.:laugh:

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
It's a product of a divisive management that has a very particular philosophy. They favor the perception of character, and they tend to dislike players with flair, or players of specific backgrounds. That's three significant factors right there.

I was posting on Habs' boards back in the Gainey/Gauthier era, people didn't write as much about Beauchemin, Ryder, Streit, and Sourray. We did discuss them, but not as much.

Total BS this post. Blaming management lmao.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Rinne was a big part of their run. I think he had a .940 up until they meet the Pens and then he went to caca and the Pens took them out. Also lost their 1C in RJ which didn't help their chances.

Last year WPG made the amazing D look Peewee at times and Rinne didn't have god like numbers and they didn't get past the 2nd round. Also Turris was a bust in the PO's.

End of the day Weber is an elite 1D in the league. I think every coach in the league would play this guy 25+ mins a night against the other teams best and let him blast lazer beams from the point all night long.

Since Weber came into the league until today he is the leading goal scorer for Dmen. 194 G since 05-06. 2nd is Burns with 185, then Buf 177, Chara 157 and Green 145. If you go back 20 years Chara has 198 to Webers 194. That means in 20 years only 1 Dman has scored more goals than Weber and Weber will probably pass Chara at some point this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad