Injury Report: Dan Boyle - broken hand (4 to 6 weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
You are entitled to complain about anything you want, but when your team is loaded it seems odd.

Bad on first rounders. Good everywhere else. The whole is the important part.

Im aggravated we blew a 1/10 on another defenseman when we needed offense then and now.

Every year same story with McIlrath.

The team is loaded? We still need a #1 C.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Just woke up and the thread reminded me he got injured. This sucks.

Now AV is going to have to overplay the first 2 pairings and wear them out sooner than usual.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Im aggravated we blew a 1/10 on another defenseman when we needed offense then and now.

This team is absolutely loaded. No better goalie in the game. Great group on D. Great depth on the forward lines. The team is young and fast. How many teams in the East would you trade personnel with?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Just woke up and the thread reminded me he got injured. This sucks.

Now AV is going to have to overplay the first 2 pairings and wear them out sooner than usual.

Not if he uses Moore and Hunwick on the PP instead of Girardi and Staal.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Wasn't impressed with Boyle all preseason or in the first part of this game. Still not what you want to see after game one of the regular season.

Would love to see them give McI or Allen a chance to prove they can hack it. Seems like a perfect opportunity to see what these kids are made of.

Thinking Kostka comes up as 7D for now and if Hunwick is bad they go with a kid.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Not if he uses Moore and Hunwick on the PP instead of Girardi and Staal.

I don't know why either Girardi or Staal ever see powerplay time. They're not good with the puck.

Last edited:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I don't know why either Girardi or Staal ever see powerplay time. They're not good with the puck.

I don't mind Staal out there, he nails that first pass 9 out of 10 times from his own zone, but Girardi scares me on the point. He fumbles that puck more than MDZ did when trying to keep it in the zone.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I don't mind Staal out there, he nails that first pass 9 out of 10 times from his own zone, but Girardi scares me on the point. He fumbles that puck more than MDZ did when trying to keep it in the zone.

Both get blocked or miss the net almost every time they shoot.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Amen.

...wait. You meant fans irrationally complaining about something that cannot be changed, right? That kind of story every year?

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Kostka? You guys must be smoking crack and drinking coffee. Kostka is by far the worst defenseman on the roster. He gets beat to pucks in his own end!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't have that at all, he's terribly slow too.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Kostka? You guys must be smoking crack and drinking coffee. Kostka is by far the worst defenseman on the roster. He gets beat to pucks in his own end!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't have that at all, he's terribly slow too.

Kostka is the only NHL ready Right Handed defenseman than the organization has a hold of...

to be fair, he was also good in his final 2 preseason games.

it was his first game that he left a bad taste in everyones mouth

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Kostka is the only NHL ready Right Handed defenseman than the organization has a hold of...

to be fair, he was also good in his final 2 preseason games.

it was his first game that he left a bad taste in everyones mouth

They should have released him after the first pre season game. *EVERYTHING* was off - speed, positioning, mishandling a puck by trying to stick handle, no hard, accurate passes.

He did get better, but to warrant him a position... Now you know why TOR had the WORST defense in the league for the last few years... Kostka was apart of that.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Can someone break this down for me?

Obviously we want 3L and 3R defensemen... What do we look like now with Boyle out? Hunwick would be most appropriate to fill an offensive guy like Boyle, but it depends which side (Hunwick and Boyle) have played and if the D pairings stay the same. I'm all for 3L and 3R strategy as it is a rare but favorable combination in the NHL.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
They should have released him after the first pre season game. *EVERYTHING* was off - speed, positioning, mishandling a puck by trying to stick handle, no hard, accurate passes.

He did get better, but to warrant him a position... Now you know why TOR had the WORST defense in the league for the last few years... Kostka was apart of that.

Kostka played a grand total of 35 games for Toronto in the lockout season.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY

I understand he only played 35 games in the mini season... That doesn't dismiss my original statement. Kostka is not a good NHL defenseman. I would rather choose Hunwick over Kostka, but everyone has their own opinions.

Replace a puck moving defenseman with another puck moving defenseman. Kostka is a pylon in disguise.

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
I dont talk much about this subject but I'm kind of disappointed McIlrath was not called up.

I dont think DM will ever be a top 4 D in the NHL and I wouldnt be surprised if he never makes it. If we are lucky he will be a 3rd pair D.

I think Hundwick was ok and showed some offensive ability in the preaseason which is what you are trying to replace.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Pretty sure he was on their first pair for a while too. Obviously, putting a borderline third pairing d-man in that position, and with an awful mess of a defensive system, is going to be horrible.

I'm not saying I'd prefer him to Hunwick, because I wouldn't, but I'm not basing that on him playing way, way over his head with a mess of a defense.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I understand he only played 35 games in the mini season... That doesn't dismiss my original statement. Kostka is not a good NHL defenseman. I would rather choose Hunwick over Kostka, but everyone has their own opinions.

Replace a puck moving defenseman with another puck moving defenseman. Kostka is a pylon in disguise.

I definitely wouldn't say he's a pylon ins disguise.

Just a pylon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad