Injury Report: Dan Boyle - broken hand (4 to 6 weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Do you guys think when Mcdonagh gets back we should put him with Boyle instead of girardi? Staal looks real comfortable with Girardi and has played his best hockey this season with him IMO

This is a very good point. Totally agree.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Do you guys think when Mcdonagh gets back we should put him with Boyle instead of girardi? Staal looks real comfortable with Girardi and has played his best hockey this season with him IMO

I'd be very willing to give it a shot.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
if these lineups perform well, I'm hoping Hunwick simply gets swapped out for McDonagh, and that unit of McD-Klein becomes the top pairing... Moore is a faster straight line skater than McD imo, which suits him well with Girardi...

I just want McD away from Girardi only because I feel like McD is better suited to play with someone with a tad more IQ... call me short sighted or blinded, thats just my gut feeling

Makes sense. Girardi can use less minutes also if we want him in top shape at the end of the season. The man is a work horse and made of steel, but you can see how he has looked at the end of every season.

Question is can Klein handle McDonagh minutes?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
For a defensive zone draw or when the opponents top line is on the ice, you'd put out Staal and Girardi. For a neutral zone or offensive zone draw or when a weak-defensively line is on the ice for the opponent, you'd put McDonagh and Boyle out. And you have Moore-Klein for the other shifts. Seems good to me, though maybe Boyle needs to sit a few shifts, since McDonagh plays so much.
That said, I'll trust the pros to pick the right combs.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
According to Gross after today's practice, Boyle will take Girardi's spot on the first PP unit and Moore and Girardi will play on the second unit when Boyle gets back into the lineup.

AV still finding a way to play Girardi on the powerplay absolutely baffles me.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
if these lineups perform well, I'm hoping Hunwick simply gets swapped out for McDonagh, and that unit of McD-Klein becomes the top pairing... Moore is a faster straight line skater than McD imo, which suits him well with Girardi...

I just want McD away from Girardi only because I feel like McD is better suited to play with someone with a tad more IQ... call me short sighted or blinded, thats just my gut feeling

Sorry, I think most people underrate Girardi. I also think that Girardi will be back with MCD once he's healthy with Klein going back with Moore.

Vickers8

That's fine, but it would be nice to know where he's getting the info--e.g. a source, Twitter, something he heard on the radio, etc. You know how much unsourced nonsense gets posted here.

I've told you who my source is before, I don't want him to get in trouble, McD 3-4 weeks I read on twitter though, hopefully its wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad