Injury Report: Dan Boyle - broken hand (4 to 6 weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Seth Rothman ‏@RothmanHockey now10 seconds ago
Dan Boyle paired with Marc Staal on initial drills.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The pairings look good on paper, but I don't know if Boyle can play that many minutes.

You can play Boyle with McDonagh when we need goals or to turn the game around, and move Girardi up in tight situations.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Boom!

Seth Rothman ‏@RothmanHockey now29 seconds ago
#Rangers Dan Boyle just blasted one over Lundqvist's shoulder, raised his arms in triumph. Any questions?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Seth Rothman ‏@RothmanHockey 2m2 minutes ago
Boyle also skating on PP during special teams drills.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers now
Boyle also quarterbacking top power play unit, with Derek Stepan, Rick Nash, Derick Brassard and Marty St. Louis #NYR

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: Reports from #NYR practice: Dan Boyle paired with Marc Staal, and working on PP, signs that he likely will return Thursdayâ€

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
When Boyle comes back:

Staal-Girardi
Moore-Klein
Hunwick-Boyle

Not sure how defense pairings will sort out when McDonagh also comes back. Hunwick has been too reliable to be taken out and Moore was good his first game back.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Do you guys think when Mcdonagh gets back we should put him with Boyle instead of girardi? Staal looks real comfortable with Girardi and has played his best hockey this season with him IMO

Staal and G have played together for a long time... it's natural for them to gel... if we give Staal and Boyle some time maybe he'll look as good (or close) with Boyle and that would bring a lot of balance to the lines? :dunno:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
This is great news. This team, though not pretty, has hung in there with the injuries. They are over .500 and thats really what you want. They shouldve beat Toronto and Edmonton but its over with move on. Boyle looked solid in game 1 vs STL. Im excited to have him back

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
With the way the powerplay has moved the puck lately if Boyle can do his thing quarter backing the pp it should be exciting

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Seth Rothman ‏@RothmanHockey now27 seconds ago
AV on Boyle: "I think he's going to play." Says still has to talk to trainers, but "he's given us all indications ... that injury's healed."

Vickers8

Andrew Gross‏@AGrossRecord
Ranger Rants: From today's practice, Vigneault expects D Dan Boyle to make lineup return tomorrow night vs. Avs

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
When Boyle comes back:

Staal-Girardi
Moore-Klein
Hunwick-Boyle

Not sure how defense pairings will sort out when McDonagh also comes back. Hunwick has been too reliable to be taken out and Moore was good his first game back.

Except the pairs in practice today were (from Ranger Rants)

Marc Staal-Dan Boyle
John Moore-Dan Girardi
Matt Hunwick-Kevin Klein

Staal and Boyle have been paired together since day one of training camp and I think Girardi will work well together with Moore.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
It'll be nice to see what we have in Boyle finally. Adding a boost to our PP and not being Kostka are two pretty amazing things I would say.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
According to who?

He was injured 11 days ago, original time was 3-4 weeks, so that's another 10-17 days depending if its the latter, plus probably at least a few practices when healthy. I'd say 3 weeks until he's back on the ice probably makes sense

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Except the pairs in practice today were (from Ranger Rants)

Marc Staal-Dan Boyle
John Moore-Dan Girardi
Matt Hunwick-Kevin Klein

Staal and Boyle have been paired together since day one of training camp and I think Girardi will work well together with Moore.

if these lineups perform well, I'm hoping Hunwick simply gets swapped out for McDonagh, and that unit of McD-Klein becomes the top pairing... Moore is a faster straight line skater than McD imo, which suits him well with Girardi...

I just want McD away from Girardi only because I feel like McD is better suited to play with someone with a tad more IQ... call me short sighted or blinded, thats just my gut feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad