Speculation: Damien Cox on CBC: Wings willing to move 1st round pick and/or Mantha at draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
"Gave: Wings would trade first draft pick, but not Mantha"

Also says the first rounder would be used to trade down.

http://www.foxsports.com/detroit/story/gave-wings-would-trade-first-draft-pick-but-not-mantha-061515

That to me sounds like Gave has no sources and is just kinda saying that he doesnt expect it because of Kennys history.

Holland has been trying to make some pretty big deals lately, Edler, Phaneuf and Nash he offered huge packages. I owuldnt be surprised if Cox is right on this one

johnnyarmstrong

Jun 14, 2015
in NHL 15 I got OEL for a first, mantha, and helm :):):):) with the trading on hard!!!

(I'm just trying to be funny, OEL is not being moved)

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
That to me sounds like Gave has no sources and is just kinda saying that he doesnt expect it because of Kennys history.

Holland has been trying to make some pretty big deals lately, Edler, Phaneuf and Nash he offered huge packages. I owuldnt be surprised if Cox is right on this one

I am surprised that nearly 30 years later Gave has somehow escaped "Goose Looney's Exile" just to begin with, let alone have sources inside the Wings.

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
What would the cost of shattenkirk be? I know it won't be pretty. He played on the second pair this year and put up a pretty high points to games ratio, even though he didn't play a whole season. I see him play once in awhile but I don't follow the blues enough to get a very good gauge on his ability to play the first pair here(he's playing second pair there-pietro is also a righty playing with bowmiester). If we did the mentioned package of mantha, 1st, plus a player like oulette, bertuzzi or a bit more? What would be his true cost and would he play well with kronwall on the first pair?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
What would the cost of shattenkirk be? I know it won't be pretty. He played on the second pair this year and put up a pretty high points to games ratio, even though he didn't play a whole season. I see him play once in awhile but I don't follow the blues enough to get a very good gauge on his ability to play the first pair here(he's playing second pair there-pietro is also a righty playing with bowmiester). If we did the mentioned package of mantha, 1st, plus a player like oulette, bertuzzi or a bit more? What would be his true cost and would he play well with kronwall on the first pair?

doesn't make sense for the blues to trade him for a package. if he's traded, it would be for a top tier center. so even if they'd go for a package, larkin would have to be there.

he'd probably play well with kronwall but his strengths are suited for more of an offensive role.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

St. Louis is trying to win a cup, they gain nothing by trading their 2nd best defensemen for prospects and picks.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015

Wrote an article here quoting an "NHL executive" talking about how Babcock will be miserable in Toronto. That suggest to me that he talks to people in the Wings' front office from time to time.

http://www.foxsports.com/detroit/story/gave-babcock-leafs-in-for-rude-awakening-052115

It's perfectly possible you're correct also though. Who knows really.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
As long as Holland only trades down when all those D prospects are taken im fine

If he trades it before those guys come around Ima gonna be peeved, Especially if someone comes to #19...

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
If its for someone like big buff in a sign and trade so be it. If it is for ****ing Homophobic Sluroof I will be getting banned on here.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
As long as Holland only trades down when all those D prospects are taken im fine

If he trades it before those guys come around Ima gonna be peeved, Especially if someone comes to #19...

Of course he's gonna trade down. There won't be a d-man available at 19 who isn't a stretch. So Holland will trade back and get a couple guys like he always does. Kenneh likes his depth.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
If its for someone like big buff in a sign and trade so be it. If it is for ****ing Homophobic Sluroof I will be getting banned on here.

Haha, one of the few times I've actually laughed out loud. I think the rules on cursing will have to be a little more lax for a couple days if we trade Mantha and a 1st for Phaneuf.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I think the rules on cursing will have to be a little more lax for a couple days if we trade Mantha and a 1st for Phaneuf.

illallowit.gif

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Of course he's gonna trade down. There won't be a d-man available at 19 who isn't a stretch. So Holland will trade back and get a couple guys like he always does. Kenneh likes his depth.

And how often does that not work out for "Kenneh?"

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Don't let the children see us fight!

You can already ****ing swear. The filter catches nearly everything. But it makes your posts basically nonsense if you do it too much.

Which explains basically every single one of your Kane posts, not sure what is always being said but choice words are a theme.:laugh:

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013

We know Gave has at least one source: Jim Devellano.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Don't let the children see us fight!

You can already ****ing swear. The filter catches nearly everything. But it makes your posts basically nonsense if you do it too much.

Im going 2 to max the characters if it happens :naughty:

Hunting Bow*

Holland needs to do something to make this team a contender again. The kids and status quo just ain't doing it any longer. He's being passed up by way too many other GM's.

Franzen over Hossa was the beginning of the slide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce