Dallas Stars "Victory Green" - The ugliest color in the NHL

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Yeah, how about no. The Wild already have that color scheme for their reverse retros.

Dallas can pirate another teams look. Thanks

How about the entire history of the North Stars moved to Dallas with the Stars in 93 including all retired numbers. It's like the Avs and Nords, the Jets and Yotes. The Wild stole Stars/North Stars history, with the Stars on the pants, the colours and the drop shadow kit on the retros. What about the Wild has anything to do with the Stars (on the pants)? They should pirate other teams looks/histories next time they design a jersey.

Clearly the North Stars are by extension the Stars. Check the North Stars jerseys from 92-93 against the Stars from 93-94 after the move. Same logo, same colours, everything. Only difference was Stars added a Texas shoulder patch. Furthermore all Stars team records include the North Stars, not the case with the Wild. The Avs and Yotes didn't take the same look with them, just the records and history. North Stars are the Stars, and vice-versa and the Wild should have nothing to do with the past colour schemes and history.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's a nice shade of green.

But I have to say...Vegas home uniforms are really sharp. Makes the players look bigger. There's definitely something to be said for using unique colors, other than the same three primaries over and over and over again.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
How about the entire history of the North Stars moved to Dallas with the Stars in 93 including all retired numbers. It's like the Avs and Nords, the Jets and Yotes. The Wild stole Stars/North Stars history, with the Stars on the pants, the colours and the drop shadow kit on the retros. What about the Wild has anything to do with the Stars (on the pants)? They should pirate other teams looks/histories next time they design a jersey.

Clearly the North Stars are by extension the Stars. Check the North Stars jerseys from 92-93 against the Stars from 93-94 after the move. Same logo, same colours, everything. Only difference was Stars added a Texas shoulder patch. Furthermore all Stars team records include the North Stars, not the case with the Wild. The Avs and Yotes didn't take the same look with them, just the records and history. North Stars are the Stars, and vice-versa and the Wild should have nothing to do with the past colour schemes and history.

Easily, hands down the dumbest thing ever posted on HFBoards.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Easily, hands down the dumbest thing ever posted on HFBoards.

Nice cop out when you've got nothing. Your statement that the Stars can pirate some other teams looks was clearly much dumber, so I gave you a history lesson on who the real pirates are. And if you care to quote my entire sentence it illustrates the point. They stole North Stars/Stars colour scheme, the pants Stars and drop shadow kit. It's all literally nothing to do with Wild history at all, their RR even though it's nice makes no sense. What do they put in the collar on the RR where every other team lists a significant date to go with the design? Like the Stars put 99, Panthers put 96, what do the Wild put 82? Makes no sense, they weren't a team, they're just stealing Stars/North Stars history. What is Modano the best player in Wild history now, you know when he was wearing the Stars on his pants for the North Stars and then became a Star soon after. That was all Wild history now too?

Last edited:

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
In all honesty, Minnesota should have done like Winnipeg and named their new team after the old one.

Minnesota deserves the North Stars, not the Wild.

Honestly the North Stars fan in me would in some way like this, but with Dallas naming the team the Stars and basically transitioning the branding, colours, retired numbers, records etc, it wouldn't be easy to pull off. Just can't see a league with the Stars and North Stars in it. Had Dallas gone the way of the Avs and Yotes with a complete name change and new look, then I'd be totally on board.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
To the left we have Benn playing hockey, in the middle we have Benn going to a rave party and to the right we have a player being an extra in a Star Wars movie. What a clown show.
iu

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I like the victory green color but not so much the logo, I liked the old Dallas logo better. Hate the f***ing neon jersey though, it looks like something from a 1995 mini-mite league. its f***in' embarrassing.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I have no issues with the logo but the colour scheme in their jerseys is indeed not very appealing. The horrific yellow of the Preds takes the cake for the worst jersey colour though.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
The Stars home and away jerseys are great. Logo is overhated as well.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
The Stars home and away jerseys are great. Logo is overhated as well.
I'm on the same board, if they kept the old stars logo with the current home and away I'd be so stoked. I do love the winter classic jersey (not a huge fan of the mismatch gloves/pants), and I actually really like the rave jersey (they did something different and unique).

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
The ugliest color in the NHL right now is black & white striped (so maybe the median gray?) if Chris Lee keeps officiating. I thought Tim Banana Peel was usually bad but he was merely incompetent and almost affable. Lee is reaching a new level of WTAF.

Plante

Devils Advocate
May 12, 2010
Anahim Lake
thesoapbar.ca
So am I just some ignorant savage that doesn't understand? How does the colour impact someone? How can colours be ugly or not? Isn't that purely a subjective experience?

A Plus

Jun 20, 2021
New Jersey
So am I just some ignorant savage that doesn't understand? How does the colour impact someone? How can colours be ugly or not? Isn't that purely a subjective experience?
Colors have certain effects on the human brain and go past purely subjective opinions

for example, Disneyworld and Disneyland use a shade of light green that, subconsciously, the brain avoids when it sees because thats how the color affects the human brain. So they use it on doors and lampposts as to 'hide' them

As for the subject matter, I enjoy their jerseys though I preferred the old logos

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
previous stars uni was excellent . the new ones another case of washed up twerps weilding power they shouldnt have coming up with stupid ideas that they think are great

Last edited:

Plante

Devils Advocate
May 12, 2010
Anahim Lake
thesoapbar.ca
Colors have certain effects on the human brain and go past purely subjective opinions

for example, Disneyworld and Disneyland use a shade of light green that, subconsciously, the brain avoids when it sees because thats how the color affects the human brain. So they use it on doors and lampposts as to 'hide' them

As for the subject matter, I enjoy their jerseys though I preferred the old logos

Well I didn't know that, thanks.

Reactions: A Plus

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hockey fans consistently shit on the Stars and Wild setups because they can't get over the North Stars jerseys -- the most over-romanticized piece of cloth in sports history.
I know i'm in the minory here but i think the North Stars color sheme was/is absolutely hideous. Green and Yellow doesn't fit together . As a matter of fact yellow is allways bad but i guess thats just me since i absolutely hate anything yellow.
This guy gets it.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
My contribution to any conversation about the Stars logos/uniforms...

I actually think the D-star logo is much better than their old logo, or that winter classic jersey's logo, and victory green is pretty nice, though I used North Stars green and the old darker Dallas Stars green for this:

lwsriRm.png

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I know i'm in the minority here but i think the North Stars color sheme was/is absolutely hideous. Green and Yellow doesn't fit together . As a matter of fact yellow is allways bad but i guess thats just me since i absolutely hate anything yellow.

Yup. The only non-Dallas Stars jersey that I've liked from franchise history is this one.

seals.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad